FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem with Subdomains

chorazy
I have a problem with subdomains.

I had created 2 subdomains with redirections to another service - they are working ok.

BUT

I created another subdomain without redirections - and it should go into the folder named the same - but it doesn't work - so I created a redirection to this folder with all the URL address - and it isn't working too.

Where is the problem - and why?
Bondings
chorazy wrote:
I have a problem with subdomains.

I had created 2 subdomains with redirections to another service - they are working ok.

BUT

I created another subdomain without redirections - and it should go into the folder named the same - but it doesn't work - so I created a redirection to this folder with all the URL address - and it isn't working too.

Where is the problem - and why?

That's weird. Maybe you should wait some time.

However you should give us more details, like the url's of all your subdomains.
chorazy
Ok - for example:

projekty.chorazy.net -> in my public_html I have folder .\projekty - doesn't work
Bondings
chorazy wrote:
Ok - for example:
projekty.chorazy.net -> in my public_html I have folder .\projekty - doesn't work

I think you are making an infinite redirection somewhere in your cpanel. I got the same message when I redirected website.com to www.website.com as the www version always automatically redirects to the non-www version (which resulted in redirecting infinitely).
Could it be that you added a redirect from /projekty/ to your subdomain? Or something similar? I'm almost certain that it must be some redirection. I'm gonna look at your cpanel now and maybe I'll be able to solve it.
Bondings
I can't find the cause. I'll create a test subdomain with the name 'test'. Be sure to delete it afterwards if you want. Very Happy

The test.chorazy.net subdomain isn't working yet. But the difference is that chorazy.net/test/ is already up and running and chorazy.net/projekty/ is getting the same error as the subdomain. I think it isn't related with the subdomains but maybe with the files in your projekty directory. Could that be the reason?
chorazy
Hmmm it's strange but you're rigth - when I delete index.php it's working ok - but when there is index.php something is fail.
Bondings
chorazy wrote:
Hmmm it's strange but you're rigth - when I delete index.php it's working ok - but when there is index.php something is fail.

I tried to view that index.php file with file manager, but after a few seconds I got an error message and the window closed. I think you should take a look at your index.php file and debug it.
chorazy
Ok - thanks for your help - I'll try to reinstall scripts. I would try to do alone - I don't want to take more of your time - I'll post you if some will be bad. bye
iyepes
I think I'm facing the same issue reported in this thread. I can't see here if it was solved.

All my subdomains with index.html pages work properly, but I have one subdomain which starts with index.php, and I can't get it works.

If I enter with domain/directory it works fine, but if I use directory.domain, it fails.

I tried putting an index.html in my directory, and it opens right with a subdomain, but when I try to redirect it to directory.domain/index.php, it fails again.

Can you tell me how to solve this?