FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

POP 3 Server problem

eday2010
The POP 3 server seems to not be working, unless something has been changed that I do not know about.

Anytime I try t oconnect to my mail server (mail.wnstudios.ca), I get a time out error from Thunderbird. Just now it's given me an error saying the mailbox is in use.

Is there something wrong with the mail server thingy on server 2, or is something wrong on my end. This problem arose a couple of days ago through Windows Live Mail Desktop, which I installed over a month ago. I checked in Thunderbird and it's not working there either.
wumingsden
eday2010 wrote:
The POP 3 server seems to not be working, unless something has been changed that I do not know about.

Anytime I try t oconnect to my mail server (mail.wnstudios.ca), I get a time out error from Thunderbird. Just now it's given me an error saying the mailbox is in use.

Is there something wrong with the mail server thingy on server 2, or is something wrong on my end. This problem arose a couple of days ago through Windows Live Mail Desktop, which I installed over a month ago. I checked in Thunderbird and it's not working there either.

Current server status wrote:
Current Known Problems
There is currently an issue with the SMTP (outgoing mail) servers that is intermittently occurring on both servers. We're aware of the problem and are looking into it - we will let you know as soon as we have more details .....
Animal
wumingsden wrote:
eday2010 wrote:

Current server status wrote:
Current Known Problems
There is currently an issue with the SMTP (outgoing mail) servers that is intermittently occurring on both servers. We're aware of the problem and are looking into it - we will let you know as soon as we have more details .....

SMTP is for outgoing mail only, so the SMTP issue is not the problem.

eday2010 - have you made sure to swith TLS and SSL off? If Thunderbird's set at "TLS On If Available", it doesn't work.
eday2010
TLS and SSL are off and have always been off. I have not changed any of the settings since it was last working.

And my issue is with POP3, not SMTP. I am using my ISP's SMTP server since they block third party ones. Thanks anyhow, wumingsden Smile
wumingsden
Sorry about that, I very quickly skim-read your posts.

Does increasing the timeout value solve the problem, or have you already tried this?
eday2010
I touched none of the settings. However, I just tried it again and it's working again. I guess it was a server fart or something Smile
wumingsden
eday2010 wrote:
I touched none of the settings. However, I just tried it again and it's working again. I guess it was a server fart or something Smile

haha, probably. Cool

-locked-

(if you want it re-opened in the future PM me or another member of staff)

Wumingsden.