FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Favorite Comic

medievalman26
What are your favorite comic book series? Mine is Batman. The only thing I request is no one bash comics.
Yantaal
I love daredevil, he ismy hero^^

but recently the Civil War series is so insane.
Eneru
Mine is the ever so famous spider-man! I like spawn comics too! Smile
kurogane
spawn , is very good comic ^^
pashmina
i like
1 spiderman
2 hulk
3 xmen
4 dexter
etc etc
of course i like the batman too
Killua
- Spiderman
- Batman
- Flash
- Aquaman
- Linterna Verde
- Los barrabase
etc. etc. Very Happy
Cloudchasers
weeeeeee
1. Flame of recca
2. bleach
3. Naruto

They are all great manga that you must read!!
medievalman26
Cloudchasers wrote:
weeeeeee
1. Flame of recca
2. bleach
3. Naruto

I don't think you posted in the right one because comics are very different from manga. This was supposed to be about your favorite comic not manga. I see alot of people like marvel or DC. How come no one likes poor Darkhorse comics? Oh well I do like Star Wars comics too but I still like Batman the best. Some of you guys did mention some really cool comics. Keep on posting I really want to see just how many people like similar comics, or what comics everyone is into.
Scaramanga
medievalman26 wrote:
Cloudchasers wrote:
weeeeeee
1. Flame of recca
2. bleach
3. Naruto

I don't think you posted in the right one because comics are very different from manga.

Uhh you're aware that manga is just Japanese comics right? Nowhere in this thread does it say American/Western comics ONLY.

As for my current favourite picks:

Spider-Man
Ex Machina
Y: The Last Man
Books of Magic/k
Watchmen (I know, it's not an ongoing series, but anyone who hasn't read this needs to go out there and get this.)
medievalman26
Scaramanga wrote:
medievalman26 wrote:
Cloudchasers wrote:
weeeeeee
1. Flame of recca
2. bleach
3. Naruto

I don't think you posted in the right one because comics are very different from manga.

Uhh you're aware that manga is just Japanese comics right? Nowhere in this thread does it say American/Western comics ONLY.

As for my current favourite picks:

Spider-Man
Ex Machina
Y: The Last Man
Books of Magic/k
Watchmen (I know, it's not an ongoing series, but anyone who hasn't read this needs to go out there and get this.)

Oh! OK thanks for the correction I was not aware of that.
shwetanshu
spideman
garfield
calvin & hobbes
Chacha Choudhary
n3k0
Hikaru no Go!!!
gaelteic
I like,

Cerebus
John Constantine (Helblazer)
Lucifer Morningstar (Vertigo)
Sandman (Vertigo)

and a whole lot more. Very Happy
roveneco
i like

connan the barbarian
superman
spiderman
x-man
lucky luke
yhally
i usually read tres ojos on late 90s LOL
"BEN" is all tagalog action story LOL but its the best for me...
blk3
Combatron, funny Comics Pinoy!
Mordane
JUDGE DREDD, and just 2000AD In general. Especially ABC Warriors!

linastrin
I'm not quite sure what my favorite comic is. . . but it would most likely be by Miller. He's the bomb.
ddukki
My favorite comic book series would have to be Calvin & Hobbes. Sure, they're not superheroes, but they could be ... and I'm pretty sure Calvin's tried to be in a couple of them.
xanarulz
I really didn't read to much comics, but I did read a few batman and superman ones though...
Scaramanga
linastrin wrote:
I'm not quite sure what my favorite comic is. . . but it would most likely be by Miller. He's the bomb.

Could you pick one by him over the rest?

I'm fairly fond of Miller myself, and if I were to choose I'd probably have to say Ronin or his early 90s work on Daredevil with John Romita, Jr.
ashish2005
We don't get to read the comics of superheros like spiderman, batman etc in my country. I do not know a single place where to buy them. But when I was a kid I used to go and read indian comics of superheroes like nagaraj, superdoga and others (Anyone heard about them?). They were my favourites when I was a kid but now it's not the same anymore.
Revvion
Spiderman is my favorite followed by the ultimates (1 & 2)
wjsdpwl
i really love comics. i read many mangas. i guess angel sanctuary and god child series are my favorite ones. i love yuki kaori's comics. her style is really cool and her stories are twisted and so much different from other comics. i also like NANA. main character nana's style is punkish girl with short haircut. i love everything she wears.
Chelissamow
Hmm... for American comics, I'd say my favourite is Calvin and the Hobbes.

For manga, my favourite is Naruto. The storyline is awesome!
exarkun
medievalman26 wrote:
I see alot of people like marvel or DC. How come no one likes poor Darkhorse comics? Oh well I do like Star Wars comics too but I still like Batman the best. Some of you guys did mention some really cool comics. Keep on posting I really want to see just how many people like similar comics, or what comics everyone is into.

Yeah, I am a fan of DarkHorse's Star Wars Comic too.. It is fun and enjoying to learn more about star wars from the comic which features the republic thousands and thousand of years ago, and the sith war, etc.

But I like captain america too. he is a great hero to me. Wink
rhls
Being a long time collector my favorite is Justice League and Ion is pushing hard.
Erethakbe
Im sure that no one will have ever heard of mine.

El Eternauta

An apocaliptical snowfall has fallen in Buenos Aires, and everybody is dying...

its an awasome comic, THE argentinian comic.

If you can read spanish or italian (it has been edited there) i strongly recomend it!

It was writen in 1955 aprox
GProject
Well I've always been a bog Spider-man fan, so I guess that's my favourite. Although I like quite a few of the Batman graphic novels, as well as the Spawn series and the Clerks comic book (based on the Kevin Smith movie).

I really want to read some of the Preacher series, since I hear they are excellent. I think that's next on my 'must read' list.
mansonivan
onepiece! slamdunk! naruto! bleach! eyeshield 21! deathnote!
medievalman26
Batman is still my top comic but I really like Dark Horse's Star Wars Legacy series right now.
Carpem
I love all of Frank Miller, I can't choose a complete serie because they're maked by diferent people and, por example, Daredevil was a second class heroe before FM.
LovE-RicH
Mickey Mouse! My mother used to buy it for me when I was a kid, the only comic I really enjoyed back then.Wink
PennyCopper
"Western" comic series?

Bone
Sandman
Preacher (I heard a rumor that HBO was fixing to turn this one in a series. Any truth to this?)
Love & Rockets
and for sheer guilty pleasure factor: Elfquest (you can laugh all you want, it's ok!)
legendaryduelists
I like the comics of Batman, is my favorite heroe, and i think is one of the greatest, not only for what he can achieve, is because is a human, but can do extraordinary things.
schmidi
Spiderman and "the Avengers" are my favorites comics...
mansonivan
spiderman! superman! and and heman!
JC Denton
Donald Duck especially by Carl Barks, Marco Rota or *drum sound* DON ROSA \o/. I have read Donald Duck since I was six years old and I ain't thinking of stop any day soon.

(The life and times of Scrooge McDuck is a must read)
jasmine
I like to read mangas and I can't pick a fave (eep!)

Currently though, I'm enjoying reading Kyou Kara Maoh doujinshis (fan comics). Very Happy
Punya
My favourite comics:

- Sandman
- Spiderman
- X-Men
- Everything Frank Miller ^^

~Punya
medievalman26
Wow so I am pretty alone on the Legacy one eh o well. I still see that a whole lot of people like comics and that is just awesome.
Kishimaru
My manga

A 13 year old girl who always practiced fighting by herself, named Chikako Daichi. Her sister is always jealous of her. So when the military knocks on their door searching for boys to enroll, their mother and father (Kotokuou, and Mai-San) tell them there are no boys. Chikako fights her way into the military, seeing as it is her only chance. A couple days before, she had been engaged to her beloved, Hitori Kurahashi. She sets off with the military. As always, her envious sister prowls and harnests a deep jealousy.
Chikako and her fiance share the same room in the military base, but nothing rated M (mature) happens. The story is based on what happens to those two. Soon, Chikako and Hitori are forced to kill an innocent man, hired by force to the enemy forces to spy on the military's plan. Hitori steals his identity, to get revenge at enemy bases. Now known as Daisuke Bishukai, he must sneak into the enemy bases and discover their plan. Chikako worries for her beloved. When he brings back the plan, he is captured. Now it is up to Chikako to save her fiance` and have the adventure of her childhood dreams.
hrtorrent
1. Zagor

2. Alan Ford

kvdisclosure
1. SPiderman

2. Superman

3. Batman

or many superhero more . . .
Flexx-D
I especially like Donald Duck! He's a comic duck, who always haves a adventure with his nephews..
icantthink
My favorite is sandman, and batman is my hero too.

I read Manga a lot too. Right now I'm reading Eyeshield 21 and I really like it! I think it's the first manga about American football. is it?
Grahambel
Spiderman
anonymous21
My favorite would be W.I.T.C.H. They are so cool and all...
I also like Ragnarok Comics, Monster Allergy, and OnePiece... They rock!
medievalman26
I have to admit I really didn't think that this topic would actually get this long it is amazing to think that so many people like comics. I still like Batman the best out of all the ones you have listed.
J-Evil
I used to collect the Sonic the Hedgehog comics back in my early teen years (wasnt THAT long ago, I'm only 20 now lol), but after a certain point, they became harder and harder to find in stores in my area and I'm not sure anyone around here carries them anymore Sad\

Suppose I could order online though...
scojiro
berserk comic, they are the best. anyone knows where can i download the scans? Surprised
matheus_controle
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy The best wolverine, after spiderman, conam the barbaric, flash, water man, magnet, hulk, sandman, Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
fortune
Right now
1. Bleach
2. Shana
3. Bubblegum 2040
4. Rurouni Kenshin
5. Pleasae Teacher and twins
6. Figure 17
7. World of Narue
8. Witch hunter Robin

It's everything Japanese but i f you fing Eng subs in Youtube it will be fun.
I reccomend BLEACH. It is really fun! But sub trnaslator is really bad so i'm making my own
translation animation for BLEACH.
russel26
for me is archie...thats nice comic
Meir_wolF
my most loved comic is spiderman
tekage
My favourite is "wolverine", but I guess you could also say x-men, new avengers, wolverine origins, civil war, and so on....
I'm a true-to-marvel comic reader, I like almost everything they've published so far with some rare exceptions. Anyway, what I wanted to say is that in this kind of histories, they almost always "meet" in some place, spider-man helps Iron Man with this or that or Hulk gets caught by the Illuminati and so on...
Perhaps it should be asked which is your favourite character, or story or something of the sort... But perhaps this only applies for Marvel, for there are other comics which are more normal and no so messed up and tricky to follow Razz
deStructuralized
Probably a tie between Origin (not to be confused with Wolverine: Origins, though Wolverine is the protagonist in both) and Batman: Hush.

Frank Miller is, as many have mentioned, a genius. I'm also a Jeph Loeb fan.
minty
As some others have said I have never been into comics a whole lot, however, my best friend is a huge comic freak. He introduced me to "The Walking Dead." A sweet serious that comes out once a month and is in black n white. It's main focus is on a man and how it adapts and changes to his surroundings and becomes leader of a group of people trying to find some life other than themselves and the zombies. I highly recommend.

-minty
rockstar
It has to be Judge Dredd. I still have my 2000ads from the late 70s and early 80s. I think 2000ad lost something when it changed to full colour.
toadinhishole
Hellblazer, because John Constantine is a ridiculous human being and utterly 3d character. Plus real time aging. He'll be seventy in fifteen years time. Probably still wearing the same coat as well.
IsraelYsrayl
Does anyone have any resources on where I can sell my comic books dated back in the mid 70's and early 80' (Marvel and DC) I would like to get rid of them for spare cash
Blissgene
Too many, just name some

ZUI YOU JI
TIAN SHANG TIAN XIA
DAO GENG ZUO
HORROR PET SHOP
7 YOUTH PRISONERS
JO-JO

Hope you may understand, hehe
Crazy_Canuck
Let's see:

Superman
Fantastic 4
X Men - I like Gambit!
Batman

Plus some others. Anyone remember Metal Men? I liked that one too.
kriszara
Absolute favorite comic series is Fables by Bill Willingham.
There is a Futruama comic book that is just hilarious.
Comic I miss the most - Bloom County.
Kristine
Knightly Games has great deals on comics and games.
amperx
hmm my fave are indie comics such as

iskul raybal
pepe and pillar

foreign comic faves are:

marvel
spawn
Cliffer
i like kongfu panda
airtrecklegends
Favourite Manga thats hard one ....
Are you alice( So random it hurts but is awsome )
D Gray Man( Dark and deep )
Witchunter(Almost looks like D gray man 2 xD)
One piece( 20 years and a pirate story that is still awsome do that)
Pandora hearts( Darker than Dark and awsome )
The breaker(martial arts are fun !)
Dreamland( Originality prize)
Ares( manwha )( Historical stuff isn't boring )
fudjack
Favorite comic is BatMan. Very strong storyline
therimalaya
I like Spiderman and batman too
rocking
My favourite comic books serieas is Death Note.
rjraaz
I have no favourite comic my did not allow me to read comics.

But i did read them by borrowing from my friends, that was really very fun for my life.

And mostly i did Series Of "Nagraaj" and "Chacha Choudary and Sabu"
nezam
rjraaz wrote:
I have no favourite comic my did not allow me to read comics.

But i did read them by borrowing from my friends, that was really very fun for my life.

And mostly i did Series Of "Nagraaj" and "Chacha Choudary and Sabu"

I used to love TINKLE comics Razz from india.I guess you mite be knowin..
drunkenkoz
airtrecklegends wrote:
Favourite Manga thats hard one ....
Are you alice( So random it hurts but is awsome )
D Gray Man( Dark and deep )
Witchunter(Almost looks like D gray man 2 xD)
One piece( 20 years and a pirate story that is still awsome do that)
Pandora hearts( Darker than Dark and awsome )
The breaker(martial arts are fun !)
Dreamland( Originality prize)
Ares( manwha )( Historical stuff isn't boring )

One piece and Witchhunters were great mangas. I enjoyed them especially the One Piece. It's never ending and it gets better and better over time.
aoisubs
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

Immortal Regis ~ and the second season ~ Cavalier of the Abyss

Deadman Wonderland
codersfriend
One piece rules ... haha Smile
Ntham
Batman, Star Wars Legacy and Watchmen
ExMachina
I'm more of a webcomic kind of person, in particular ones that are short and humorous...the two that I follow closely are Hipster Hitler and Scandinavia and the World.

Very Happy
caroline953
Astonishing X-Men and Justice League of America JLA are my favorite comic book series. Joss Whedon and John Cassaday have been enjoying huge amounts of success with their run on Astonishing X-Men series. Teamed with artists Ed Benes and Sandra Hope, the JLA is having a resurgence of popularity.
welshsteve
I was a big fan of Roy Of The Rovers when I was younger. Not just for the Roy Of The Rovers/Melchester Rovers bit, but for the other stories too, such as "Hot Shot Hamish and Mighty Mouse", "Mike's Mini Men" (subbuteo), and "Billy's Boots".

After this I started buying the "FOOTBALL PICTURE STORY MONTHLY" series of mini comics.
kaysch
There is one cartoon character I really like: Donald Duck as drawn by Carl Barks.

"The Long Race to Pumpkinburg" is a real classic. I loved it as a kid, and I still do...
pravojednostavno
I like spiderman and batman
grofet
Crayon shinchan - Japan comic
The comic of crayon shinchan is very funy
But i think crayon shinchan is for adult since the story is very very not good for children
It's need a lot of censor to make it suitable for children