FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Raymond E. Feist

INeedHelp
Over my Christmas break I finally sat down and started reading his Riftwar Saga. These books are great! If you have not yet had a chance to read books by Feist, start out with this series. The first book Magician: Apprentice is wonderful. Feel free to share your opinions of this author/series.
Roald
They're very good, I love his series, I hope he will write more books so I can read them all...
RoninRa
Roald wrote:
They're awful, I love his series, I hope he will write more books so I can read them all...

Humm...

I'm confused by your reply there Razz
You think it's both awful AND love the series?

Anyways, I love the Riftwar saga.. I got all 3 books and couldn't put them down until I had read them all.
Haven't picked up the sequel series yet though.
Roald
Hmm as you may have thought Enlish is my motherlanguage.
Roald
Roald wrote:
Hmm as you may have thought English is my mother language.
SlowWalkere
I haven't read them in a while, but the Riftwar Saga was a great set of books. Feist was one of my favorite author's as a youth, along with Terry Brooks.

However, I also liked Feist's later books about the Empire. It was very interesting to see a fantasy author write about the same world from both perspectives. Traditionally there is an evil side and a good side (i.e. Tolkien), but in Feist's two series he shows each of his major factions as human. The Empire series was also interesting for its use of a female as the protagonist. It breaks the normal stereotype of a young male fantasy hero.

- Walkere
jdhoward72
I love the series also, Riftwar I mean. The only problem is every time I go to reread them, I'm missing one of the four books, and have to go to the used book store to buy it. Don't know why this only happens with this series.

Also, have any of you read Princes of the Blood, I think is the title. I think it is a great continuation, along with Kings Buccaneer.

I've read some of the serpent wars, but didn't like them as well.

Take care,

John
benwhite
I've read every book he's written (as of this year, I finally got around to half price books and bought them). I'm looking forward to his newest series coming out in the near future, but I may wait until it's finished to begin reading--I hate waiting between volumes.
bonestorm74
I read Magician 15 years ago and absolutely loved it. The books Feist wrote with Janny Wurts are great also.
Octaeder
Question: Is it worth me reading the Riftwar Saga.

I absolutely love the Empire trilogy he did with Janny Wurts... Have read them a good few times.

Never got round to reading the Riftwar saga though and as I'm not reading anything new at the moment have been thinking about starting...
Lobo23
I've started tons of discussions with friends and none of my friends have ever even heard of his books, and I had a lot of trouble finding anyone who did. Here I am and look at everyone who knows his awesome series! Frign Sweet!
I read most of the books, from "Magician:Apprentice" to "The King's Buccanear" haven't gotten any of the rest yet, don't have time, I got about 7/8th's of Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth novels, they're sweet too Mr. Green
RoninRa
Octaeder wrote:
Question: Is it worth me reading the Riftwar Saga.

I absolutely love the Empire trilogy he did with Janny Wurts... Have read them a good few times.

Never got round to reading the Riftwar saga though and as I'm not reading anything new at the moment have been thinking about starting...

Absolutely worth reading!

If you're into fantasy, this trilogy is a must-read!

It's the kinda Trilogy that when you first begin you just can't put down the book, you just read on and on and leave you wanting more when you're done Wink
Octaeder
What do you know... It's stupidly cheap on Amazon as well.

Cheers for the advice, I think i'll give it a shot...
tileguy
I loved the first 2 in the series, but after that, I lost interest. I enjoyed the Serpent Wars series, though...and his book "Fairy Tale" was incredible. A very diverse author indeed.
Sharpe
I have 16 of his books. But in Dutch, so I'm clueless about the names of the sagas. :P

I loved the world he created at Kelewan. Sounds so Asian, Samurai/Ninja like. Also the books I started with, so I was shocked to find out it was just a "sidestory".

I still miss the books of the Kingdom vs Empire. :( They fall back to that alot in the rest of the books and I don't have them, so at times it gets annoying.