FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Borat the movie? Or borat the series? which is best

braunsnow
which do you think is more worthy of your time
braunsnow
To me this is a no brainer, Borat the movie was well over rated, at some point it even made to place #123 on IMDB. The series is much better, 1h30 of sacha's humour is to much, on top of that adding a plot and attributing "feelings" to the borat character was a mistake.
braunsnow
Definitely the series, each small episode is very well balanced, not to long, not to short, and extremly funny.
BlockUp
I agree... being a Brit that casually watched the series since 1997, I am pretty confident the small episodes are better. In fact the movie was a bit lengthy to me, I remember thinking, "just when is this going to end?" while I was watching it. Laughing
Anticollie
I'm not sure, I love Da Ali G show, but I cannot really take the whole "gangsta/whatever he's conveying" feel for too long without growing bored. I generally just watch the Borat segments @ YouTube/Google Video, because I don't find all of the show to be that capturing. I was in absolute tears of laughter at the movie, however. It was fantastically funny.

Anticollie.
pudovkin
None. Yet.
I'm waiting for showcase here in Brazil.
Really anxious. Wink
soldeinvierno
pudovkin wrote:
None. Yet.
I'm waiting for showcase here in Brazil.
Really anxious. Wink

Yes, it's not fair that we don't get all the series outside the States...
suicidecore
hell yea the Borat movie looks awesome. I love Ali G, and his movie is funny as shit too. Bruno is probably my favorite character currently though, "you know, just being fabulous"
azfad
no brainer - series all the way. the movie is a pale recreation for me and all the best parts have been done already in the series (save for one exception - the nude wrestling scene in the hotel room which is very funny). i quite like bruno too (but not sexually)
engeland
The movie is funny in a way that it's difficult to laugh. (That's a bad thing). But the wrestling scene was gross. As a guy it's very hard to watch that even though it was the funniest part