FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The all time best movie is...

braunsnow
Which movie do you think deserves the title of being the best movie ever?
braunsnow
Personaly I have quite a few contenders. Without seeking originality I would probably answer: Matrix, the godfather, shawshank redemption...
However, I think V for Vandetta is the best: great action, original plot inspired from history and real facts, its a great balance of all the key ingredients.
RT Cunningham
Titanic, without a doubt. Both my wife and my son, who would always get up at least once during a movie to go to the bathroom or whatever, sat through the entire movie without budging or even fidgeting a little.
Blu_Spykz
Tough board. Far to many good films in their own respective genres to give a definite "best" tag.

I would say that TOP contenders for the best film ever would be:

The Terminator
Aliens
The Matrix
The Godfather Pt 2
Pulp Fiction
LOTR: Return Of The King
SW: The Empire Strikes Back
& Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

There are, thousands, more that come to mind, but that's possibly the best pick. (IMO)
Andrew426
I would have to say

Pulp fiction
Vanishing point (1971)
or Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

There are alot of other movies that I think could possibly be the best movie of all time, I just cant remember them (however, "Freddy got Fingered" is most definitely not of the best movies of all time)
b4r4t
hmm ... i don't know ... the movies whitch gave me something more than 2-3h of fun ...

Requiem for a Dream ?
The Green Mile ?
The Shawshank Redemption ?
ItsWesley
As said in friends, DIE HARD!
Although personally I think films like the shawshank redemption should be high up as one of the best.
braunsnow
I relly can't get my head around thinking die hard is the best movie of all time, what an insult to all the others which actually took a descent amount of thought and time put into...
HDirtwater
Quote:
what an insult to all the others which actually took a descent amount of thought and time put into...

Almost as insulting as starting a topic that is covered over and over in these forums - even stickyd to the top.

Generally not a good idea to start your posting career here by duplicating topics and insulting other posters.... Crying or Very sad
Anticollie
Hmm, it would be a very close match between V for Vendetta (I've watched it at least a dozen times now). Or The Godfather series, those were all so awesome Very Happy

I'm quite a fan of the political movies, like Welcome to Sarajevo, Fahrenheit 9/11, and all the like, however I don't really consider them to be in the "zomgez lieks totaliiiez awesomez!!!11/2!" category, really. I simply find them intriguing & thought provoking. Although, I don't enjoy books & movies from the nut jobs that are all convinced that the US government caused 9/11, or silly bull-splat like that.

Edit/PS: Pulp Fiction & the Kill Bill series were so sweet, Pulp Fiction is an easy contender for "best movie," definitely.

Anticollie.
Seiji
The Big Scene(Murder, Take One) is probably the best movie I've ever soon. I don't know how Jang Jin was able to write such a good movie. The twist at the end just left me speechless.
Blu_Spykz
BEst movies ever..according to IMDB

Rank Rating Title Votes
1. 9.1 The Godfather (1972) 189,577
2. 9.1 The Shawshank Redemption (1994) 228,221
3. 8.9 The Godfather: Part II (1974) 106,999
4. 8.8 The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) 172,355
5. 8.8 Buono, il brutto, il cattivo, Il (1966) 52,936
6. 8.8 Casablanca (1942) 91,367
7. 8.8 Schindler's List (1993) 135,584
8. 8.7 Pulp Fiction (1994) 194,115
9. 8.7 Shichinin no samurai (1954) 49,485
10. 8.7 Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) 145,027
11. 8.7 Star Wars (1977) 182,086
12. 8.7 One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) 98,537
13. 8.7 Rear Window (1954) 58,038
14. 8.7 The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) 214,281
15. 8.6 12 Angry Men (1957) 44,018
16. 8.6 Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) 125,000
17. 8.6 The Usual Suspects (1995) 142,358
18. 8.6 Cidade de Deus (2002) 55,613
19. 8.6 Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964) 87,391
20. 8.6 Goodfellas (1990) 100,111
shwetanshu
Rang De Basanti, Dil Chahata Hai, Lakshya, Matrix Trilogy, Lage Raho Munnabhai, Shawshank Redemption
Ozzy
These get my vote:

Pulp Fiction
The Green Mile
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
skugge
The Godfather would be the obvious pick. The second in the series is great to. I personally think that Grave of the Fireflies is an amazing movie. The Elephant Man is pretty amazing too. But if I was to pick just one, I think it might be David Lynch Mulholland Drive.
Tokci
I'll go for Godfather series and shawsank redemption.
Godfather series was perfect...I mean its very difficult to get one movie right let alone three.
ps3vault
Scarface Surprised for sure.
gnllr
Lord of the Rings baby!!!!
Captain Fertile
I really cant even begin to answer that one.

I would love to have a movie that I couldinstantly state but there are far too many. So many in fact that if I try to name them I will be coming back here to edit this and add more as they come to mind for the rest of my life.

Great question but a bugger to answer.
taragudrig
I've got a three way tie for best movie: Memento, The Game, and The Usual Suspects.
frenchy
braunsnow wrote:
Which movie do you think deserves the title of being the best movie ever?

Maybe Scarface or Goodfellas
saratdear
shwetanshu wrote:
Rang De Basanti, Dil Chahata Hai, Lakshya, Matrix Trilogy, Lage Raho Munnabhai, Shawshank Redemption

Ha ha, you must remember that some of these are Hindi films, are not very widely known. I saw Lakshya, was a good film, but was nothing very great.
I don't get to watch many English films, but the best I have seen is Titanic. Great, Classic film.

No offense intended, shwetanshu.