FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SEO or PPC

kochelp
Which is the better way to market a website? Search Engine Optimization or Pay Per Click Ads?

"Neither" is an acceptable answer too Smile.
TrueFact
I say SEO... the more you rank on search engines the more visitors you get for free (that's the most visible advantage of SEO).

I learned that if you rank good on search engines (google, Yahoo, MSN, ... etc.) with out paying too much on the way... you've made the best site.

What really markets a web site is its own content. People look for content... (if they are not... they won't be searching the web Smile ) and they want the good content and will never take a web site with bad or low quality content. And becarful that once you lose a visitor (due to content quality) he never comes back. What makes a visitor get back to your site (even if it has LQ content) is the feeling or the promising of new and fresh content of what they are after.

Go for SEOs and that will be through content. PPC can be effective sometimes but that's not guaranteed as your banners can be displayed to the wrong demographic or on the wrong side... while SEO will provide the link of your site for free to the one who is searching for it.
HereticMonkey
SEO is probably better, but I agree that content can make or break a site. However, if I really had to suggest a better way, I'd suggest viral marketing, especially if your business is geared towards a specific group (such as putting your sites in your forum signature, Youtube, or just posting a lot).

It's worth noting that your rank will increase if your site is relevant, and gets a lot of traffic....Strangely, I think SEO works because the best SEO'd sites are those that would work; SEO'ing them makes them better sites, whereas PPC just clutters sites....

HM