FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

latest post in forum

Manofgames
I have been on Vbulletin a lot, and have noticed one small but useful and clear difference between the two forums -

on vbulletin, on the forum main page you can see the latest poster in that forum, and the latest topic posted in, ie www.namepros.com

this (i suppose) might be easy to implament, and would be useful.
Marston
Unneeded?
ocalhoun
Well, once you get to the point where you've read every new post and are just waiting for new ones, it could be handy; that way you can see if the new post in a particular forum is one you care about enough to see what someone added to it. It'd be hard to implement, though considering the small benifit. I'm sure there's something else that could be done with less trouble for more gain.
Marston
Nothing in phpBB is really "hard" to implement.
Manofgames
it shouldnt be too hard because phpbb has already fetched the date stamp and user from the latest post, so all bondings would have to do is add a little line of code that also retrives the post title from the array.
SpellcasterDX
Manofgames wrote:
it shouldnt be too hard because phpbb has already fetched the date stamp and user from the latest post, so all bondings would have to do is add a little line of code that also retrives the post title from the array.

Yeah, but is it necessary? Wink
Plus, Bondings isn't too keen on adding small miscellaneous features that aren't much of a help. (From what I've read)
arkebuzer
I cant really see what the use would be... could you please enlighten me? Razz
ocalhoun said one reason it would be good... but I cant say I understand the puspose of it. maybe it΄s just me though x)
LukeakaDanish
SpellcasterDX wrote:

Plus, Bondings isn't too keen on adding small miscellaneous features that aren't much of a help. (From what I've read)

True, however that is usually because it would put an extra strain on the database. In this case the data is already loaded from the database (as far as I remember), and just needs to be displayed, and yes, that should probably be no more than one line of code in the template.

I think this is a decent idea - not VERY useful...but a small thing that certainly wont detract from the frihost experience.
LostOverThere
Sounds good but I doubt it will be needed.

So Im saying No.