FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suspended Again?

Cephalic_Carnage
I am having another problem with my account. It's the same thing as last time, but this time no one registration spammed us. Why was my account suspended again?
Bondings
It was automatically suspended because you reached 10GB of bandwidth. Most days between 1-2GB bandwidth per day Apache (webserver) usage.

Any idea how this could have happened?
Cephalic_Carnage
No, although it is a very active place, and there is a few things I can get rid of to decrease the amount. Do you know when it will be unsuspended?
Scorpio
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
No, although it is a very active place, and there is a few things I can get rid of to decrease the amount. Do you know when it will be unsuspended?

the bandwidth will be reset at the beginning of every new month..

I assume that your account will be back to normal by the first week of february/
billybob
You used 1-2 GB a day Shocked what did you have on your site?
SpellcasterDX
billybob wrote:
You used 1-2 GB a day Shocked what did you have on your site?

My site does that too...and I have no clue whatsoever why.
It's unfair, in my opinion. Apache burns up our bandwith and I don't even know why or how!
Marston
^ ... Uh, it's not the webserver software that burns up your bandwidth. It's more than likely a malicious user/bot.
truespeed
10gb of bandwidth is a lot,but for sucessfull sites perhaps a good idea would be, to do what they do on freewebtown,where you can buy extra bandwidth (on a monthly basis)...1gb = $2.
billybob
I'm not sure if its the same on direct admin but on cpannel and a few others you can view your subdomain stats with awstats which allows you to see which users (identified via ip) are using most bandwidth as well as which pages are using the most bandwidth, it might be a good idea if there are similar stats available on direct admin to see if there are any users using excessive amounts of bandwidth and ban there ip if you cannot resolve it.
Bondings
I'll take a look at both your accounts and see what is going wrong and who/what is responsible for the abnormal bandwidth usage, it's just that I don't really have that much free time for such things lately. Could it be the discoboard forum perhaps?
Cephalic_Carnage
It is possible. But I don't understand how mine hot the 10GB limit, when me and Spell both basically have the sme stuff on them.
SpellcasterDX
Bondings wrote:
I'll take a look at both your accounts and see what is going wrong and who/what is responsible for the abnormal bandwidth usage, it's just that I don't really have that much free time for such things lately. Could it be the discoboard forum perhaps?

That would be most appreciated. Very Happy

Perhaps, but, I don't see what it could be; registration is disabled so the registration spam is impossible, and my forums (and site) aren't very popular. I don't get very many hits a day...so, I doubt it could be my forums or my site.
Cephalic_Carnage
Wow, so I'm going to have to wait a whole month just because of an abnormality? That 's not good....
SpellcasterDX
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Wow, so I'm going to have to wait a whole month just because of an abnormality? That 's not good....

Yeah, I know, it sucks.
Cephalic_Carnage
Yeah. So I suppose I will need to keep my points up until next month huh?