FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nintendo Fans (with a hint of Playstation)

Bump_on_a_Log08
Why even waste the money on an Xbox360 and Playstation3, at least for the time being? I have to admit I would like to play Halo3 and Final Fantasy XIII. I'm not rich, though. I am perfectly willing to wait for the prices to drop--if they drop. In the mean time, I wouldn't mind playing the amazing Wii games. Such games as The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and (of course) Super Smash Bros. Brawl. My friend just bought a Wii last week and he said The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is amazing. I can hardly wait until I get one.
QrafTee
Bump_on_a_Log08 wrote:
Why even waste the money on an Xbox360 and Playstation3, at least for the time being? I have to admit I would like to play Halo3 and Final Fantasy XIII. I'm not rich, though. I am perfectly willing to wait for the prices to drop--if they drop. In the mean time, I wouldn't mind playing the amazing Wii games. Such games as The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and (of course) Super Smash Bros. Brawl. My friend just bought a Wii last week and he said The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is amazing. I can hardly wait until I get one.

Well... the must-have games (at least in my opinion) are:
    Gears of War
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    Halo 3
    Resident Evil 5

PS3
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy XIII: Versus
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Resident Evil 5
    Resistance: Fall of Man

Wii
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers
    Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

As you can see, most of Wii's must-haves are first-party... which is what a lot of people wanted to avoid since that's what killed the Gamecube... the popular games being Nintendo, it pisses off third-party, thus killing game variety.

Also, as you can see 2 of the games for the 360 are not exclusives and are also coming out for the PS3.

Lastly, the remaining Microsoft must-haves are second-party titles.

When it comes down to it, all three consoles have around the same stuff, from the same people... (exception of PS3 since first-party PS3 games tend to be average to horrible with the exception of The Legend of Dragoon being on top)

So it's not that you're "wasting" money, it's about how long you're willing to wait for the games you want. Frankly, I don't have any money to spend on a PS3/360.
Bump_on_a_Log08
I think you probably know more about this than I about the other systems.

I agree with most of your top picks.

I have to admit, even if I did not think the Wii was better than the other systems because of its special characteristics I would probably get the Wii first because I am a big Nintendo fan. (ok maybe not the biggest fan) I really don't have any particular reason for liking Nintendo other than before the PS2 we have only had Nintendo systems.

The primary reasons we ever bought a PS2 were that my brother wanted to be able to play Final Fantasy X and it would be an extra DVD player.

I don't know why but I'm going to list all the systems/handhelds we have owned or currently own.

Previously Owned: NES, SNES, Sega Game Gear, N64, Gameboy Pocket, Game Boy Color

Currently Owned: GBA, Gamecube, PS2, NintendoDS (original)
Patriot Players
/signed. Ill wait however long it takes for the prices to drop. Until then I am going to buy a Wii.
Blu_Spykz
I'm actually off out in an hour to buy a wii.

I have liked Nintendo since I first played the SNES. Infact, the gamecube was, and currently *is* indeed my prefered console.

Such a shame it had a short lifespan.
Yantaal
i dont kno why the cube has such a bad, it really seemed like a good console to me, but nothing will ever beat the 64, thats where the REAL party is at