FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Enhanced frih donate

Manofgames
bondings, im not sure if youve set this up already, but what about if you include a little line of code in the donate page which allows the amount of frih, and comment to be set automaticly.
eg people link to- .../donate.php?user=...&amount=50&comment=heres%20da%20money

if you get what i mean. so the user only needs to press submit.

this can be done easy eg-

$comment = $_GET['comment'];

etc. just a thought.

worked well on a forum i saw.
Blaster
its a really good and easy thing to implant. I support the idea. That will show that someone donated the money because i've had this problem before.
LukeakaDanish
Thats i a RUBBISH idea! (sorry)

Anyone could post a link saying [free fudge!], and when there's no free fudge but only an automatic "donation" of your frih's...you get my point...

Bad bad bad idea...
Animal
LukeakaDanish wrote:
Thats i a RUBBISH idea! (sorry)

Anyone could post a link saying [free fudge!], and when there's no free fudge but only an automatic "donation" of your frih's...you get my point...

Bad bad bad idea...

^ That is an extremely good point. And for that very reason, I'm sure that this will never be implemented on the forum.
Manofgames
What are you talking about??

all the script line would do is fill in the boxes automaticly, all the user would have to do is say yes, i want to do this, by pressing submit.

this is the way they do it on namepros.com, (http://www.namepros.com/namepros-info-and-suggestions/269539-quick-donation-modification.html)

it would be just stupid to do auto donate to that extent i was pretty tired when i wrote the first post, so I'm sorry if it got misinterpritted.
wumingsden
Personally I don't think it's needed. To donate all you have to do is type in an amount and write a short note to the user, that's all.
Manofgames
but it would make it much easier if you had a site where you sold stuff, using FRIH$ as the currency.
wumingsden
Manofgames wrote:
but it would make it much easier if you had a site where you sold stuff, using FRIH$ as the currency.

True, but there may be problems with this too
Manofgames
what problems could there be?

and just to clarify again, in my first post i said automaticly fills in the comments.

not automaticly submits the form, having specified an amount
LukeakaDanish
Manofgames wrote:

and just to clarify again, in my first post i said automaticly fills in the comments.

I STILL think that would be an easy way to scam users who dont pay attention...especially if promising free fudge...
Marston
LukeakaDanish wrote:
especially if promising free fudge...
Laughing
reddishblue
I don't think any enhancement is needed, I am quite happy just pressing donate esc, although I would like some free fudge lol
wumingsden
Manofgames wrote:

There could be possible problems with selling products from your site in exchange for FriHost FriH$. I don't mean just technically (because that is possible, but I mean whether steve likes that idea that users will buy products from sites hosted by frihost in exchange for frihost currency.
LukeakaDanish
wumingsden wrote:

There could be possible problems with selling products from your site in exchange for FriHost FriH$. I don't mean just technically (because that is possible, but I mean whether steve likes that idea that users will buy products from sites hosted by frihost in exchange for frihost currency.

I think that IF ANYTHING that should be incouraged!

Right now, the frih$ has almost no value - because it has limited use - if there where more things to do with your frih's, they might actually get some kind of value - and THAT would be cool imo.

The solution could be some form of api - maybe slightly more sophisticatedly than the above suggested - my primary idea is that the user should be made aware that they are entering frihost before being taken to the donation screen, and referrer sites should be logged for safety reasons.
Manofgames
i do agree with the fact they dont have much use atm, and trading of frih would be something that bondings would approve of.

i think bondings input on this matter would be usefull.
wumingsden
Manofgames wrote:
i do agree with the fact they dont have much use atm, and trading of frih would be something that bondings would approve of.

i think bondings input on this matter would be usefull.

Of course, but he is probably busy at the moment to deal with such a thing.

I don't personally don't think this suggestion should be implemented. It seems that the main idea is for it is for it to be available outside of frihost. However, I think frih$ should be kept within the frihost community, and not cross the border (for at lease the time being). It may cause more problems than it is worth, like already mention. Frih$ are worth something in the community, otherwise the marketplace and directory wouldn't exist, but more function to the posting-4-hosting system would of course be a benefit. There are plans in the future to create features where you can spend (hard-earned?) frih$.
However, saying this, I have no opinion on whether this suggestion should be implemented in frihost forums for only the frihost forums.