FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sun damage on face

qbawler311
The skin over my cheek bones are always a little red, I think it is from damage from severe sunburns...i am fair skinned. Anyone know how I can treat this to get it back to normal?
qbawler311
Bump one time..there has to be some knowledge in this forum on this subject.
benjmd
This is one of those dermatology things that is really only well-addressed by actually seeing/touching the area you are talking about.

Sunburn should eventually fade away with time. If this has persisted for a long time, it is likely not suburn, as that will heal. Long term skin damage from sun is often manifests as pigmentation changes on a pale-tan-brown color spectrum in spots or small patches. Wrinkles, dryness, etc. can also develop.

Some infections also produce rashes across the cheeks, but if you're not otherwise sick or if this has lasted more than a week that likely does not apply.

Some people just have rosy cheeks (especially those of Irish heritage).

However, some do have something (fairly common) called Rosacea (Row-zay-she-uh) in which accumulation of blood closer to the surface of the skin in the cheeks causes a reddened appearance. Sometimes there are other symptoms that go along with this. It may be acne-like but may not be.

As always, if you feel it is concerning to you, it is worth bringing up with your family physician or internist!!