FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Kitten!

666^.^666
I have a black and white kitten Olly , he's 7 months old and goes outside through the catflap the problem is at the moment is he's getting picked on by bigger cats, any ideas how to protect him
Rico
    You can keep him inside (but he’s not going to like you). Things should improve if you keep him in nights only.
    Get a dog for the outside (this is more complicated than it sounds, it would be better if there was already a dog, the cat and dog need to grow together or be very familiar with each other). Theoretically the dog will prevent other cats from entering the yard.
    Try to be outside when your cat is outside.
    Have him neutered. This won’t stop him from being picked on but it will prevent him from looking for fights.
666^.^666
yes he is neutered but apartently a neutered male is lowest on the picking lines of cats at atall so a female cat is considered more high and powerful than a neutered cat and also i don't think getting another animal is quite what my family intend , my family like dogs really =[ but keeping in for a while sounds good
emjawa
Spray him with green spots, attach spikes to his back and cover him in lion poo (repels cats from gardens). Of course, you might get the RSPCA or PETA chasing after you. Rolling Eyes
furtasacra
666^.^666 wrote:
he is neutered

Just keep him inside. Neutered cats generally don't do well outdoors without supervision.
melissareich
keep him inside, or try your best to Embarassed

my cat tries to get outside, fiesty like yours! but i keep him in and when he gets out, he's to scared to stay out long anyway, he doesn't have nails either to scratch other cats or in other words protect himself, i guess he learned after awhile that there was nothing out there for him,

so maybe your cat will learn from its mistakes! Razz
paulbarter
Are you in a block of flats? Cats dont usually do well living on top of each other. They need there space. Unfortunately you are going to have to wait it out until your cat gets bigger and stronger before leaving him outside alone. Until then I would suggest supervising your cat when outside and trying to chase the other cats away, so that there is a space in your garden that is cat free. I dont know how you keep cats out? A scarecrow probably wouldnt work!
666^.^666
lol nice suggestions guys =] lol ,
Quote:

Spray him with green spots, attach spikes to his back and cover him in lion poo (repels cats from gardens). Of course, you might get the RSPCA or PETA chasing after you. Rolling Eyes
=P hes staying inside more on his own accord recently =]
zenyuk
It is better to cut off sexual points in it's children