FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Phishing scam or new feature?

Is mail.yahoo.com the old 24 hour log-in or 2 week log-in for you?
New 2 week!
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Old 24 hour.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yahoo!?!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
What are you talking about? o_O
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

myrevolt
I recently installed Firefox 2.0 (I had and still use 1.5) and customized it with my typical assortment of extensions. Now where things get weird is that I go to check my yahoo mail and I get a message that asks me if I'd like to save my password for two weeks, fair enough, I was sick of it timing out after 24 hours and Gmail offered the two week sign-on long ago. Now all that was in Windows, I booted into my fresh linux install (gentoo) and noticed that even with FF 2.0 I still got the old "Remember my ID on this computer", I figured they were using user-agents to filter traffic but then I used user-agent switcher and the situation remained the same. I then proceeded to creating a new test profile for FF 2.0 and was amazed that I didn't get the 2 week option.
Here are the differences: (Old, then New, then Old large, then New large)

large
large

Now what I ask you is does anyone get the 2 week version or am I the victim of a phishing scam? Oh and anyone with IE or other browers I'm interested in your input as well. Thanks much.
Teddy1
I would trust the Remember My ID and Password on this computer as that is the one that has been used most. Good that you are keeping an eye out for scams Wink.

But check with Internet Explorer 6 sp2 or above to see if it says the same thing ? i personally use firefox 1.5 and it says Remember my ID and Password. Smile
mathiaus
It would seem to be a new feature of theirs
link
hofodomo01
Yeah, I like firefox's 'password log'...makes everything a whole lot less complex...
myrevolt
@mathiaus
Thanks for the reply, it was just weird cause the page was only different on that one Firefox account, none of my others and not a new one either. I'm not sure what I suspected - I must've been thinking something along the lines of an alternate DNS. However you managing to find a page in which they announce the new feature is a relief.

@ Teddy1 & hofodomo01
Thanks but I'm not sure you understand much of my rant Wink

@mods
You may wish to lock this thread or leave it for other suspected security breaches...
hunnyhiteshseth
I think it is a new feature. I had received it once yesterday but after that I have not seen it. But it seems to be a new feature.
Jack_Hammer
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
I think it is a new feature. I had received it once yesterday but after that I have not seen it. But it seems to be a new feature.

I would guess that is a new feature too considering it has
"New!" next to the sign in checkbox...
Wink