FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Linux Gaming

The_Gamer294
Any linux gamers out there? If so could you maybe post a few sites with some good stuff like performance tips or files. Thanks in advance:)
Sergiy
I sometimes play games on Linux. I use Transgaming Cedega program for emulates every windows game on linux.
For program you must pay but only 5$/month. The program working realy good. With Cedega you can run uTorrent program too. Laughing
Darius
Install WInXP and play Smile Linux - for work
The_Gamer294
Darius wrote:
Install WInXP and play Smile Linux - for work

i have that now but im getting sick of dual booting and wanted to just be in linux full time. I guess i should try getting cadega.
darth_revan
Some open-minded programmers make games for linux too. For example, Unreal Tournament 2004 has linux edition too.

I personally like linux, but i have to use Windows because of its popularity. I can't use all the programs and games on linux..
Psycho_X52
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - Linux version.
It's a free stand alone game.

Details from wikipedia:
Quote:

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (abbreviated as WOLF:ET, WET, and among gamers, ET) is a freeware first-person shooter (FPS) computer game, and a standalone sequel to Return to Castle Wolfenstein, created by Splash Damage.

Enemy Territory was originally planned to be released as a commercial expansion pack to the popular FPS Return to Castle Wolfenstein. However, due to problems with the single-player aspect, the multiplayer portion was released on May 29, 2003 as a freeware standalone game. In early 2004 the source code for the game logic (not the game engine) was released to the benefit of its modding community. The game's engine (Quake III) is free software/open-source.

http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com/file/Enemy_Territory;14408
Alias
You could play a lot of games in Linux by just using Wine and Cedega. Wink

Anyway, a simple wikipedia search brought these results here.

Their are numerous of available games in Linux that are free and otherwise that have been developed professionally.
blk3
Its hard to find games made for Linux that really utilizes that OS potential, most games are for Windows, because game developers vie for the marketablity of their games. They always go for those who have more OS installed, case in point are the consoles , more games are made for the console with the most numbers. Wine (emulator) doesnt work at all times.
The_Gamer294
I found this: http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/6136

I'm kind of a linux noob (I can barely compile a program).
So..

How does it look?