FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Time traveling





account
If this was possible how would it work, and how would it effect your normal life I like this theory even though its confusing...

Like on family guy stewie saw his future self who he thinks is his dad. He then realizes it was his future self and goes to the future with him. The future never really changes but has better technology. Older stewie explains that in the future you take vacations to the past or future. Some other stuff happened in the middle then stewie got back to his time to stop himself from doing something. He saves himself but his past self kills him. So nothing really happened.

Okay I don't know what the point of this was because it even confused me but I think it is that. Even if you do change something in the past nothing really happened just minor differences.

What are your ideas on it?
jeromep
Yeah, it confuses me as well.. That's why, I don't bother to thing about it. ^_^
Seiji
I don't know much about but I think the faster you go the slower time runs. I heard they put atomic clocks on something really fast and it proved that time went slower. Or at least thats what I heard.
AG007
This is what I think on time. "If time could be altered then it would be no time." Why, well just say that in the future someone breaks the barriers of time (you know making stuff up), they can go back fix stuff, etc. Then the time that we live in now should be perfect, because our futuristic brothers will fix it for us. Well I don't see that so, I am guessing that nobody is going to change time. Therefore going back in time never will be discovered. Probably because we will never reach that level of intelligence or because the world is going to end. LOL. Get what I am saying? If not, oh well...
I guess that is time.
Rako
AG007 wrote:
This is what I think on time. "If time could be altered then it would be no time." Why, well just say that in the future someone breaks the barriers of time (you know making stuff up), they can go back fix stuff, etc. Then the time that we live in now should be perfect, because our futuristic brothers will fix it for us. Well I don't see that so, I am guessing that nobody is going to change time. Therefore going back in time never will be discovered. Probably because we will never reach that level of intelligence or because the world is going to end. LOL. Get what I am saying? If not, oh well...
I guess that is time.


Thats really interesting.

Time is a human invention there for there is no time. it is just everything moving froward. so to time travel you would have to get everything to move faster or everything to move backwards.
Ray Gravin
Isn't there a theory that the universe will some day reach its full expansion and then start to implode onto itself in reverse? That might be the closest anything gets to traveling back in time I would think. Its just not going to happen ever... but it does make for intriguing fiction : )
Scott
If backwards time travel was possible, don't you think we would have met someone from the distant future by now? Hmm!
cybernie
really confusing huh?! but what if time travel is possible?
hunnyhiteshseth
Obviously time travelling is possible. We are always travelling time in forward direction with each second.

So, I assume you mean time travelling in past, but if it had been possible past wuld not remain same & therefore our present which was future of past will change & therefore, we would not travel in time.
Confusing?
Ok, let me explain with an example.

Suppose Mr. X can travel in time. He travels few years back t prevent death of his grand-father. But if he prevents death of his grandfather, he would have not travelled in past as his grand-father is living. So, a time travel always result in a contradiction.
Jack_Hammer
I believe there is not such thing as 'Time' itself, it is just something man made up. The universe the only 'True' animation.
proto-man
I believe there have been many such topics in the Science forum. This should be moved there by the way. If you really are intent on finding out more, drop by that section. There's fully developed topics there on time travel.
Kaisonic
I think that time is the fourth dimension. Cause I mean, think about it. Dimensions identify the position of an object. Whenever you ask where something is, you're asking for its dimensions in space, a.k.a. its three dimensions. The fourth, time, is implied as "now". When asking where someone was yesterday, you're asking for the first three dimensions after giving the fourth dimension of "yesterday". Since we've already figured out how to move ourselves and other objects through the first three dimensions, we just need to figure out how to move through the fourth dimension. However, I think that unless it was SEVERELY limited and regulated to common people, the world would basically be screwed.
Idoru
So, family-guy, you say? Laughing
Well, there has been lots of movies, series, books etc made with a spinn in this
popular subject. It's thrilling, and for many it seems to touch some buried longing.
Propablly it's just a power-trip, like when kids fantisises about beeing super-
heroes, but for grown-up's... ...or... ah, for kids aswell. Laughing

Anyhow, I say much can be said about this, but think it shuld be moved to another
forum, like mabye philosophy? But I leave that to the mods.

For myself I only like to say that we still don't have a grip about what time is.
We can't measure it, so we've done the best we could of it. But time, as we see it today,
it's just a convinient construct we use mainly for communication and co-ordination.

Ofcourse family-guy can move like he wishes in time, as long as the one painting him
is willing to swap the order of his papers. Laughing Laughing
proficius
i think it would be cool
asciii
we just have to anticipate for the future now
paul_indo
I learned how to travel in time years ago. I have been traveling at 3600 seconds an hour for many years.

I would like to slow down now so if anyone has figured that out please let me know.
godam64
i think there is no time traveling. we stuck at the same time dimension and we cannot go back to past or future. future is not created yet, and the past is gone and disappear. so you have to use your time well Laughing
photon
Time travelling would not be possible in the physical dimension. Our universe is bound by laws, and try as we might, i think we can never cross the barrier of time. Also, if time travel is possible, like someone pointed out, there is no meaning of time. And the consequences are just mind boggling! Imagine if no one is bound by time - weird things can happen, and it will not make any sense!

So i dont think time travel is possible
mwasimba
I will just like to point out that time is a figment of our imagination. It does not exist and is merely a system within which we manage oue day to day lives be it in Africa or New York. Question can man travel through his own creation? I guess not But that just brings us to see how insignificant our awed creations and their meaninglessness in actual sense. Impossible Question
eku53ru
I remember something my high school chemistry teacher once said about time-traveling; it was a bit of a joke, but it was pretty neat. Like mwasimba said, time is a figment of our imagination (if not a social construct), so you can, in one sense, trick your body into thinking that you're time traveling. My teacher had suggested that when you sleep, you time travel because you literally go "in" at one point in time, and go "out" in another without remembering much about those times.
tom69
Quote @ Scott.


Maybe the US government already found out how to timetravel a hundred years ago Wink As everything they do is very confidential. Wink


Anyway, I don't think time travel is possible, BUT, it is possible to look into the past. Maybe you don't know , but when you look at the stars you're actually looking into the past. If traveling faster than light would be possible there might be a chance that we could time travel. But as we are far from this discovery, I don't believe in time travel....Not yet.
Dean_The_Great
Time, as it has been said, is imaginative. Therefore moving backwards in time is ludicrous and impossible. However, moving forward is relatively (however not practically) simple. Accelerate to near the speed of light, you don't have to match or pass the speed of light. Just get close, then wait.

Einstein's Theory of Relativity states that time will appear to slow for you, and so that way if you spent a relatively short amount of time at that speed, you could come out and many times that amount of time may have passed on Earth, technically transporting you to the future.

This was the concept addressed in the original "Planet of the Apes" film.
murtazahh
Time is just a human concept, it isnt actually real
Billwaa
Sometimes, I get stuck thinking about stuffs like this, so I just give u[. Anyway, only thing I know is that if my ancestor were dead before they can give birth to another one of my ancestor, I will not exist. So, if someone go back and prevent / cause a war. I might just dissapear
Josso
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vf-68.html

There are tons of topics like this over in that section. Most of them are worth a read through!
ninjakannon
Josso wrote:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vf-68.html

There are tons of topics like this over in that section. Most of them are worth a read through!

Yes, this topic needs to be moved and locked; there is already a topic on this here (and possibly a few more in that forum, but the one I've linked to is the most recent).
duckling
I think when you travel in time, you can't interfere them. because you are at different times.

but these things are very complex things which cannot be done at this time Smile
Captain Fertile
Scott wrote:
If backwards time travel was possible, don't you think we would have met someone from the distant future by now? Hmm!


A VERY good point indeed. And trying to think of an argument why you would not have met them just fries your brain!
skygaia
Even though I like to think of making scientific dreams like your subject, but I know it's impossible to realize it. So I have no idea.
ludio_
Such a profound development as time travel would not be allowed to be accessed by the general public because of the chaos that would ensue. My guess is that it would be controlled by a highly trained elite. How do we know we have not had visitors from the future already?
ninjakannon
skygaia wrote:
Even though I like to think of making scientific dreams like your subject, but I know it's impossible to realize it. So I have no idea.

It you know that it is impossible then you obviously do have an idea, a pretty strong one at that.

ludio_ wrote:
Such a profound development as time travel would not be allowed to be accessed by the general public because of the chaos that would ensue. My guess is that it would be controlled by a highly trained elite. How do we know we have not had visitors from the future already?

I hadn't thought of that, but yes you are right I suppose. If we humans do invent such a thing in the future then my best bet is that it will be kept secret for a long time - it's evident that we do not have this technology at present as the technology made known about to the public is far behind anything so amazing as time travel. You must realise, however, that if the ability of time travel is invented and discovered then there are going to be people who will want to use it for their own personal gains or amusement. Therefore, it would be only a matter of time before someone got their hands on the gadgetry required to travel backwards through time and arrived at in our present. Then we would all know about it (unless there was a cover up by the government or some similar occurrence).

Although, there is one problem with this; if time travel to the future is only possible.

Personally, I believe that neither travelling backward in time nor travelling forward in time are/will ever be possible.
sonalobramo
I don't think it's actually possible to travel to the past. Although theories conclude that you can travel to the future by moving really really fast through space. The past is reality engraved only in our brain or our pictures, etc. Time does not engrave itself in it's own space-time fabric.
DynamicNames
It's confusing. But, I guess that you could just go to the future or past, but you wouldn't be able to do anything to change yourself. One idea that would actually work is not going to the past, but bringing the past or maybe future to us. The only way that there wouldn't be a paradox, I think.
jackbreat
I think time travel is not possible. It's totally imagine part of our life. I can't believe these , it's totally confusing me. It's not possible to back past or goes to the future.
tonberry
So because your imagination can't process it, it must be impossible? The only people capable of answering whether it truly is possible or not are scientists in related fields, but this is still going to be an assumption. There is no way of knowing and one way sounds as plausible as the other.

There was a TV series called Red Dwarf - a classic British sci-fi comedy set inside a spaceship in cosmos, where the last human being, a hologram and a mutated cat go through funny as hell stuff. One of the better British shows!

Anyway, one of the first episodes was about time-travel and the screenwriters really knew how to stir shit up in an intelligent way - the twisted plot introduced some ridiculous interactions of present beings with future "shadows", thinking they are talking to real people. A lot of confusion and even more hilarity. It's the second episodes of the first series, "Future Echoes", if anyone is interested Smile
Related topics
Sun, Microsoft tout fruits of cooperation
I will share some joke in this topic
Joke lol
Galatasaray Museum
"terrorist" my thoughts
Hi all!
What countries did you visit?
ASTRAL PROJECTION?
Parking in a bank
Oil price!!!
Pirates of the Carribean...
How many countries have you lived in or at least visited?
Possibilitys implied in an object with mass traveling at c.
The Traveling Salesman Problem (TSP)
Thinking of Traveling
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.