FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ONLINE SHOP... how to set it up in your website?

eljormaz
Hi mates!!

I got a website,

www.lunademayo.com

I want to set up an online shop to sell some goods and music... with the ability to pay with card and so on...

Do anyone of you know something about how to do this?

Thank you very much in advance!!!
GB
If you're not sure how to do this, your best bet is to use a service like Cafepress. That way you are not responsible if someone gets a credit card number stolen on your site.

I've not done a sales website yet, but I know you need a security certificate and SSL encoding. Plus, you need to talk to Visa, Mastercard, etc. and figure out how much they'll charge you to take credit cards, and also set up an account.

In short, this isn't a weekend project. You need to study up on what other requirements there are and how to best organize your online catalogue.

Good luck, and have fun!
eljormaz
yeah!! this Cafepress is really great!!!

thanks a lot!!
GB
Glad I could help!
Handyman
Or you could use paypal they provide there own ssl cert.. Very simple just insert a buy now button. All of the credit card processing stuff is included with a business account. It is nice to have everything in one place. Also there is 2Checkout.com a lot like paypal.
mwasimba
Yes i think Paypal or StormPay or even clickbank can be useul in enabling a site to accept credit cards besides they charge you only when they process a card meaning you have already made cash!!!! A must have for anybody thinking of money money money!!!1
jdhoward72
I use Paypal on my site, and it's great. My only problem, I can't figure out how to add a button to the right side of my first one. I'm using Word and Coffeecup, plus a text editor. Has anyone had this problem with the Paypal buttons?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John
gluingquarters
I use paypal.. and if you want to do a cafepress type shop, check out zazzle.com -- they have a little more variety.
gluingquarters
jdhoward72 wrote:
I use Paypal on my site, and it's great. My only problem, I can't figure out how to add a button to the right side of my first one. I'm using Word and Coffeecup, plus a text editor. Has anyone had this problem with the Paypal buttons?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John

No, but I .. well, I'm not familiar with Coffeecup, but I assume you are using some sort of program that helps you build websites? I have always done hand-coding, and the buttons always go where I want them to go.
sanwixh
Why not try paypal or xoom?

Paypal is good, most e-bayers use this payment system, although you need to sign up or a business account if your going to have transactions valued above $100