FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Indiana Jones 4 - Filming starts this year!

Blu_Spykz
In a long-awaited announcement, George Lucas and Steven Spielberg revealed today that the fourth installment of Indiana Jones will begin production in June 2007. Harrison Ford returns in his role as the daring Dr. Jones for the new adventure. The film will be produced by Lucasfilm Ltd., directed by Steven Spielberg and released by Paramount Pictures throughout the world in May 2008.

The screenplay has been written by David Koepp.

Spielberg states "George, Harrison and I are all very excited. We feel that the script was well worth the wait. We hope it delivers everything you'd expect from our history with Indiana Jones."

The film will be produced by Frank Marshall with George Lucas and Kathy Kennedy as executive producers. "Working with Steven, Frank, Kathy and the Indy crew is like working with family," states Lucas. "These films are such great fun to make. I'm looking forward to reuniting with the team and starting this new journey."

The film has plenty of action in store for the rogue archeologist. Harrison Ford comments "I'm delighted to be back in business with my old friends. I don't know if the pants still fit but I know the hat will. "

It will be shot on undisclosed locations around the world as well as in the United States.

For more than 25 years, audiences have been enraptured by the exploits of Indiana Jones. The film trilogy -- Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade -- garnered 14 Academy Award nominations, won 7 Oscars, and grossed over $1,182,000,000 at the box office. The films are among the most popular films ever made and have become a legendary part of film history.

Source : http://www.indianajones.com/
pudovkin
Really curious about this.
I don't think it will work, but let's wait.
nono888
I'm not that convincet that this sequel is going to be that of a hit.
The first 3 ones are ok but a 4'th one I'm not that shour.
Only time will tell.
driftingfe3s
I hope the fourth one is good. I loved the watching the Indiana Jones movies when I was a kid. Hopefully Harrison Ford isn't too old to do some action scenes and such. The newest Rocky came out good, lets hope the next Jones movie stays true to its roots and is a great movie.
kurogane
aleluya, I have seen like 100 times each one them, I wait for the opening with ancias ^^, were a very good type of films of harrison ford.
sevedrihan
I've been curious about this for a while, not sure how well this one's gonna work out but we'll see I guess. Seems like a few people are trying to revive some of the series' lately... I'll really hope that they deliver with the new Indy!
cavey
I am a big Indiana Jones fan. I can hardly wait to see this one on the movies. Hope it is not disappointing...
Ozzy
driftingfe3s wrote:
I hope the fourth one is good. I loved the watching the Indiana Jones movies when I was a kid. Hopefully Harrison Ford isn't too old to do some action scenes and such. The newest Rocky came out good, lets hope the next Jones movie stays true to its roots and is a great movie.

I personally don't think Harrison Ford will be up for it. I think this movie will be a big let down.

Why can't they just leave the trilogy alone.
Blu_Spykz
Ozzy wrote:
driftingfe3s wrote:

I personally don't think Harrison Ford will be up for it. I think this movie will be a big let down.

Why can't they just leave the trilogy alone.

Personally I agree... Harrison is somewhat older now, and I don't think it'll be as good as the first three.

I always thought that they could have made 2 trilogies out of Indiana Jones... but only if they were filmed when harrison was in his "prime".
mattchun
Acturally, I'm not so knee on that famous Indiana Jones series, although Steven be the producer.
RT Cunningham
::Yawn::

I'm sure it'll be okay. I don't think it will compare with the other three, but who knows? Rocky did it.
B4_Utopia
DUDE! ARE YOU SERIOUS! I LOVED THIS TRILOGY AS A KID! Very Happy If Harrison Ford is in it, it probably won't have any stunts or anything too flashy, seeing as he's old an all. But I am definately gonna see it, even if it is a flop, it'll definately give me a feeling of Nostalgia... Any idea when it'll be coming out, like 2009 or something?
Blu_Spykz
From what I gather, it'll go into production in June, to be released for May 2008.

That's possibly a wild guess on the part of my source, but he hasn't been wrong much recently.