FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GameMaker

neoon
any1 tried Game maker its an extreme cool program
Very Happy
for making 2d games and 3d games.
I have used it for a while now and the program its just incredible. You guys have to try it.
Its Need no scripting. its got drag and drop tool. and its a free if u dont wanna register it for to able to make 3d games and lot of extra stuff.

Smile

download it from this site: www.gamemaker.nl Smile
MrBlueSky
Yes, I know it. It is an oke tool for making simple games. It does need scripting though when you want to anything other than standard things.

If you want to make non-trivial games without learning how to program this isn't the tool for you (in fact there doesn't exist such a tool at all)
cheeta
i know few game programming engine...

they are quite good and most of all costly Smile
Bengt
I will try it out, thanks. Smile
Staggy11
I've used Game Maker a bit. It's pretty easy to pick up, and it allowed for complex games. I preferred Multimedia Fusion though.
Sergiy
I'm using FPS crator
WickedGravity
I have used it in the past with a great deal of success. It is a program that is, for the most part, for the beginner, but it has a great many features that are present in every game made today. it is a great stepping stone for those who plan to go to higher level game programming.
qscomputing
It's reasonable for the beginning-intermediate user wanting to make games for Windows only.
odinstag
I have the paid version of this software. I have not really made much with it so far. But if you want to start making games, this is a very quick route.

Just search around the net and you will find many sites to help in learning how to use it. With a little mental agility you can do some pretty amazing stuff for such simple software.
garionw
I have some issues with the new version though
{name here}
Sounds like it just bundles a few tools that you can otherwise install on computer and do it yourself the old fashioned way with an engine and a text editor, which will probably get you a better result.
LostOverThere
I like GM, but Im very much Anti GM7.
qscomputing
I haven't been following the GM7 saga, but I get the impression that a lot of users dislike it. But I stopped using GM a while back - mainly because I stopped using Windows.

Though I will say that they are very keen on censorship on the GM forums. Any topic that is complaining about GM gets locked on sight. This is hardly an original observation however.
Alias
I use Blitz3D for making games and I find it more easy to use than GameMaker.

Also it has a lot more capabilities in creating games than GameMaker. Smile
jrschool
THANKS TO LINKS DL BUT IT'S SO HARD TO USE IT AND MAKE ME CARTOON Smile
B4_Utopia
Game maker would have to be the best game design program I have ever come across! It doesn't take long at all to pick up, and once you get good at it, you can make a pretty good game, pretty quickly! It is mainly 2D but has support for 3D, although limited. I have seen someone make pretty decent 3D games... Blitz has for more capability, but for my money, I'd rather use Game maker... A lot less work... especially for 10 minute games...
LostOverThere
Yeah, Its easy, but shouldn't be used for Professional work.

Something Like Blitz Will really pay off.
cheeta
does any one hear ever used Unreal Engine ?? i would love to try it, but man its so costly Sad and no demo or tryout version either, i heard that its the best when comes to build a game, every thing ready made... Smile