FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Poker

7Pound7
Hi all,

I want to learn how to play Poker (the cardgame) at home. Does anyone know a website that explains how to play it? With the rules and the most popular variants of the game.

thanx
jeromep
First thing you do, is do a Google search.

The next thing you do, is go to wikipedia.org

Smile
lastelement0
the major variant today is texas hold 'em. it is a vary simple variant to learn yet hard to master. thats something all pros can attest to. id advise going to fulltiltpoker.com and download their software. its free and the best way to learn the game. i feel experience is the best way to learn something. also a quick google of poker will yield plenty of information as well
jsaxon2
bodog.net can be a good site for learning Texas Hold-em
Blu_Spykz
www.poker.com

Free sign up, you can play for free (play money and real money), and within the website it shows you the rules and how to play.
lastelement0
i also forgot to mention you can turn on any sports channel, generally espn and you can catch some of the world series of poker. u can get a good sense of what happens from watching that and at some point they usually explain the bare basics of the game.
traxion
poker..

it is a easy game to learn but a hard game to be the best

i poker for free with Everest Poker

u get there 100 free points. when u got 0 point they will fill it up to 100 again:)

ofcourse there is a real money area. so if u think u can make some money u also can try it there

good luck with it
ronb
I learned how to play poker by playing for free at tigergaming.com. Once I was good at it (I played for free for about 1 yr) I started playing with real money. Now I play almost daily and slowly building my bank roll. tigergaming even accept American players (altough I am Canadian).
Blu_Spykz
Started up learning to play on Pogo.com - free poker games to play against real people or computers for play chips.

After learning the basics, I downloaded poker.com and, since then, have won 2 freerolls (tournaments for 1500 players, free to enter to win real money), and won countles other mini 6-20 player tournies, and have currently withdrawn more than $600 despite not depositing anything in my poker.com account.
jay84h
PartyPoker.com, it's really fun and enjoyable.
Yjaxygames
www.everestpoker.net, download it, and play the tutorials, you can learn it there. For more, always visit Wikipedia.
Marinho
I like poker so much! It's too easy to learn! If you need I can help you! What do you know about it?
7Pound7
Hi Frihosters and poker-lovers,

Thanks for the info!
More input about the game is always welcome. I learned the basics now a little bit. I played the online free game "poker superstars 2". But I don't like that too much. The computer players play too stupid, so you don't learn very much about the things to do.

A question does anyone have a chart or so with the chance calculations?
Wonder if anyone made something like that?