FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

rss 2.0 feeds

riyadh
i am making a website. to reduce time spent on updating my home page witht he latest news almost everyday, i want to parse my rss file on the home page so that it is updated as soon as i edit my feed.xml file. i knw how to write the rss file and a stylesheet for it but i need to knw how to parse it on my homepage. can anyone plz help???
kevinalle
I think you'll need PHP. There are XML parsing functions and you can read any file.
just 2 questions: Does your server support PHP? and, it is genneraly the other way. One dinamically generates a feed with your site's content...
Try http://php.net
good luck[/url]
deepak
You need this : http://simplepie.org/ [I'm assuming that you works in PHP]
MrBlueSky
riyadh wrote:
i am making a website. to reduce time spent on updating my home page witht he latest news almost everyday, i want to parse my rss file on the home page so that it is updated as soon as i edit my feed.xml file. i knw how to write the rss file and a stylesheet for it but i need to knw how to parse it on my homepage. can anyone plz help???

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but with the php function xslt_process() you can parse a rss file using a stylesheet you defined.

Example:

Code:

<?php
$xp = xslt_create();
echo xslt_process($xp, '/path/your.rss', '/path/your.xsl');
xslt_free($xp);
?>