FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Oddest sightings

Duncan Idaho
Please don't ask me about my sources, but I saw this thing about creature sightings in Bray Road Wisconsin, it was about things that looked wolfish, apperantly a werewolf, and that the patrolman there use silver bullets. Post sightings unsimilar or off completely here.
Dragonfly
If you could post up pictures related to what you saw will be more interesting for one like me. As of now I can't understand and picture out what you are actually speaking right now.
Aless
besides, without photos, how do we know that you actually saw it?
Teddy1
There are many beliefs that ghosts/soul entities are real, But the majority of evidence given the officials always find a reason for it... There has been a few that a reason couldn't be given for the type of evidence given so who knows if ghosts/soul entities exist. I personally believe they do exist but just haven't witnessed any of this yet. I have heard sounds before that could not be explained for i was home alone and heard someone coming down the stairs i went to check in case something fell and nothing was there nor was anything out of place... I have yet moved from there so i cannot investigate into this. Do any of you believe in ghosts?
Srs2388
I have a picture that I'll attach soon when i get home from school... I was messing with my camera and took a pic in my room, and there were 'orbs' everywhere.
could be dust or something not exactly sure but it looks cool.
Duncan Idaho
Dragonfly wrote:
If you could post up pictures related to what you saw will be more interesting for one like me. As of now I can't understand and picture out what you are actually speaking right now.

I didn't get it off the net so how can I?
Duncan Idaho
Again apparantly no one had a camera ready so here's a link to what a googled. (or search "Bray Road"). http://www.prairieghosts.com/brayrd.html
scimitarmoon
Being that I live in the next county over from Bray Road, I've heard a bit here and there about the "beast" that supposedly lives there. Unfortunately people from that county also have a bit of a reputation (here, at least) for being more than a little weird, so I have my doubts.

At any rate, there are rumors that some sort of beast or unknown animal lives in Walworth County, specifically near Bray Road. Some call it a werewolf, some say it's a bigfoot, some don't know what to call it. It's said it can transform into a human or is a large wolf that can walk on two legs and so on. It is supposedly responsible for numerous animal mutilations in the area, which makes it kind of surprising that here we never hear about those things... I believe there is at least one book written about it, and I have also watched part of a low-budget horror film based on the legend.

So far as I'm concerned, it's a hoax or just completely false.
Yazz
I personally don't believe in this stuff. Humans are crazy enough to forge animal mutilations and even more extreme acts simply for the sake of a legend.

People are weird.
madsencarl
I find it odd that people don't believe in this, but they believe in people splitting water, fitting millions of animals onto a wooden ship, people coming back from the dead, etc.

People are crazy.
Duncan Idaho
Yazz wrote:
I personally don't believe in this stuff. Humans are crazy enough to forge animal mutilations and even more extreme acts simply for the sake of a legend.

People are weird.

Yes and legends mutilate animals and the crazy people continue to talk. I won't say if it is real or not; no one can. But, out of all the in-ya-face encounters, not one description of what they sound like is given.
RhysAndrews
I was reading some skeptics book, about explanations to supernatural stuff. Apparently, seeing ghosts can sometimes be a coincidental, illusionary formation of lighting from cities etc... it can also be (and usually will be) the brain thinking it saw something, because of the circumstances and environment it's in. I've noticed that whenever my head is racing, if it's quiet I can swear someone is running up the stairs. I don't quite have an opinion on aliens, ghosts, and spirits - but I know there's an explanation waiting to be uncovered for every sighting. I believe there's more to us than billions of billions of billions of billions of billions of billions of atoms meshed together... we can think, we can see... we have senses - so there must be something else powering that. How this relates? Maybe there are these "other things powering us" without the atom part. I dunno.

-Rhys
a.Bird
This is why I live in highly populated areas. It makes the chances of me being eaten by the local werewolf very slim and I can sleep easier.
ReubenWilliams
I want to share a weird sighting I had with you, I was in a small out of the way village near the rural heart of england. Miles from any large or denseley populated area's me and my friends decided to soak up the jubilant atmosphere of the new years celebrations in the vicinity.

So we went to a local pub. On new years eve anight when logic would dictate every sight should be carefully designed to cause pleasure and delight.

When we walked in to this place the creatures we witnessed threw us all into discountenance for we had found a pub where the all white staff were made to dress up as racial minorities by their boss. There were men and women in black face paint as stipulatedby their employer. The clientelle was entirely white. This was pretty odd. There are no photos I'm afraid but this really happened.
eggg
a.Bird wrote:
This is why I live in highly populated areas. It makes the chances of me being eaten by the local werewolf very slim and I can sleep easier.

You probably haven't seen "American Werewolf in London" have you?

I mean, people travel back and forth between werewolf-infested areas and the big cities all the time. Pretty easy to get bit, go to the city after you've reverted to human form, and then eat some people. But the cops do get in the way, what with their guns and all.
a.Bird
eggg wrote:
a.Bird wrote:

You probably haven't seen "American Werewolf in London" have you?

I mean, people travel back and forth between werewolf-infested areas and the big cities all the time. Pretty easy to get bit, go to the city after you've reverted to human form, and then eat some people. But the cops do get in the way, what with their guns and all.

I actually have seen American Werewolf in London. Thanks for the useful information now I'll definitely be on the look out for strange foreigners foaming at the mouth.
scorpiosemotion
Well, I'm not one to discount the seemingly impossible. Who knows what is really out there. I do know if I ever saw a werewolf I'd hightail it in the opposite direction. I'd rather not be mince meat thank you very much. Most legends and myths are based on fact and perhaps there is a community of supernatural things such as not just werewolves and big foot, Nessie and Vamps. You never really know unless you've seen it for yourself.
Soulfire
..and aliens are building an advanced civilization inside my nose.

Actually, I don't know, but if you could give more information - description, sources, pictures, testimonies, etc. it would make for a much better discussion I'm sure.
Scott
I'd really like to see some weird sighting like that. Probably not something dangerous though.
ocalhoun
Duncan Idaho wrote:
Please don't ask me about my sources, but I saw this thing about creature sightings in Bray Road Wisconsin, it was about things that looked wolfish, apperantly a werewolf, and that the patrolman there use silver bullets.

This is well known in the TF (transformation) community. The general consensus is that it is somebody going around at night in what the TF community calls a fursuit. I wonder though, why this person continues to do so even though there is considerable danger in roaming around in the dark looking like a werewolf with silver-bullet toting policemen around...
a.Bird
ocalhoun wrote:
This is well known in the TF (transformation) community. The general consensus is that it is somebody going around at night in what the TF community calls a fursuit. I wonder though, why this person continues to do so even though there is considerable danger in roaming around in the dark looking like a werewolf with silver-bullet toting policemen around...

Hypothetically, if it is someone in a fursuit, perhaps he or she lives for the adventure of not only stirring mystery and creativity in his or her town but also facing the danger and fear of avoiding the law or even possibly injury.
quex
I got one for you... so we're out for the end-of-daycamp camping trip in a state park in Ohio (forgot which, but it was south of Circleville) and one of the counselors we all love (Pat) gets this idea to dress up in a gorilla suit and come rattle our tents at night to scare the feck out of us. (We were elementary kids.)

Sometime during the telling of scary stories and making s'mores, Pat tells us he heard on the radio that a gorilla escaped from a zoo a few days ago, and they think it's living in the park. Bull, of course, but we were too young not to believe him.

So, we all go to bed, and of course we don't fall asleep right away, and Pat goes and gets his gorilla suit on. The only problem is, to keep it hidden from us kids, he left it in his car which is parked a good 20 minutes walk from where we're camping. He changes AT the car so as not to risk anyone seeing him getting into the suit, and then walks 20 minutes back.

So he hoots like a gorilla, rattles everybody's tents, grabs another counselor (Stashka, his half-girlfriend who was in on the trick) and runs into the woods. The trick worked; we were scared witless. Pat ditches the costume in the woods with the plan of picking it up the next day, and he comes down out of the woods with Stashka, claiming he beat up the gorilla and saved her. (We believe this, of course.)

TWENTY MINUTES LATER, just as everyone has calmed down and gotten back into their tents, a park ranger vehicle pulls into camp and makes an announcement over a bull horn that a large animal has been sighted somewhere in our area of the campgrounds, and we're advised to take shelter in the park's tornado refuge. Pat asks the ranger what the animal looked like, and gets something like this: "Well, you're gonna laugh, and I personally think it's ridiculous, but two different families of campers in lots 20 and 29 both reported seeing a Bigfoot along the drive about half an hour ago."

Pat freaks out. He immediately explains the situation and even offers to go bring the suit out of the woods to prove it. He goes off to get it, but can't find where he left the damn thing. Stashka gives it a try, and meanwhile, all us kids are yelling at the two of them to get the hell back to camp so they don't get attacked/eaten/maimed/gorillafied/or some damn thing.

Fortunately, the ranger believes him even without the suit and cancels the warning. Pat gets a short lecture about not doing silly things without letting the ranger station know, we kids get the whole story and laugh our butts off, and that's that.

I wonder, however, if anyone ever told the families camping in 20 and 29 what they had really seen? Maybe there's still a Bigfoot legend floating around between campers in the woods south of Circleville...
R2.DETARD
one night I saw a small black kid walk into the bathroom while i was taking a dump.
I remember saying to him:
"you go first"
because he was blocking the door. then I realized that i was actually quite drunk and I went back to bed.
hallucination OVER.
ItsWesley
The wierdest thing I've heard people have seen nearby is a black panther I think, though I haven't heard that its killed anyone yet, but police have been searching peoples back yards recently.
Dean_The_Great
There is some weird stuff in this world, most of which I can't explain, although I've never seen any of it myself, with the exception of some bizzarre feats performed by humans. But those are things that are easily dismissed with the skeptics of such things with science and technology. It is our ability as humans to percieve that anything is possible considering our skill at manipulating the world and our perceptions of our senses.
Logantheman
I think bigfoot could be real