FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FTP Problem

gursimran2006
I am having a trouble with my account. i can not upload my files through FTP. whenever I connect my pc through filezilla(a ftp client) i get eror:
Code:

Status:   Connected with ftp.gursimran.frih.net. Waiting for welcome message...
Response:   220 ProFTPD 1.2.9 Server ready.
Command:   USER gursimra
Response:   331 Password required for gursimra.
Command:   PASS **********
Response:   230 User gursimra logged in.
Command:   SYST
Response:   215 UNIX Type: L8
Command:   FEAT
Response:   211-Features:
Response:    MDTM
Response:    REST STREAM
Response:    SIZE
Response:   211 End
Command:   PWD
Response:   257 "/" is current directory.
Command:   TYPE A
Response:   200 Type set to A
Command:   PASV
Response:   227 Entering Passive Mode (216,32,85,170,192,5).
Command:   LIST
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error:   Transfer channel can't be opened. Reason: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a       period of time, or established connection failed because connected host  has failed to respond.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error:   Could not retrieve directory listing
Command:   TYPE I

error is in hyphens. i 've tried by making a new FTP account but failed. I also tried to resolve this problem by connecting it through an other FTP client but with no joy
help me plzzz.
Thanks.
driftingfe3s
I'm also having problems with FTP. I use FileZilla and I can connect fine, I am on active mode, and sometimes a few files will work, but I get lots of failed uploads. Also sometimes it will have trouble listing the directories and files.
mathiaus
gursimran2006 wrote:
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (216,32,85,170,192,5).

Try using ACTIVE mode instead.
outofnicks
Is it not port 21? I get this error, it connects but I only see a root directory with no listing. I'm using FireFTP, with Passive Mode unchecked.

outofnicks
OK I have a connection in gFTP for Linux, which I hate but it works.
I wonder why I can't connect with FireFTP? I've come to really like that but I can use FileZilla in wine also.
Ester
I'm also having trouble connecting through FlashFXP, below is the message I get, has anyone got any ideas on this problem. Is it a problem with server2?

WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 0.9.8b 04 May 2006
[L] Connecting to ftp.craftycardmaking.com -> DNS=ftp.craftycardmaking.com IP=216.32.85.170 PORT=21
[L] Connected to ftp.craftycardmaking.com
[L] 220 ProFTPD 1.2.9 Server ready.
[L] USER *****
[L] 331 Password required for ester.
[L] PASS (hidden)
[L] 230 User ***** logged in.
[L] SYST
[L] 215 UNIX Type: L8
[L] FEAT
[L] 211-Features:
[L] MDTM
[L] REST STREAM
[L] SIZE
[L] 211 End
[L] CWD /domains/craftycardmaking.com/public_html
[L] 250 CWD command successful.
[L] PWD
[L] 257 "/domains/craftycardmaking.com/public_html" is current directory.
[L] TYPE A
[L] 200 Type set to A
[L] Listening on PORT: 1580, Waiting for connection.
[L] PORT 216,32,85,170,6,44
[L] 200 PORT command successful
[L] LIST -al
[L] 425 Unable to build data connection: Connection timed out
[L] List Error
Babsta
Okay the error I get is 530.. Llogin incorrect.. even tho I just got a new password from the admin.. Sad
Animal
Babsta wrote:
Okay the error I get is 530.. Llogin incorrect.. even tho I just got a new password from the admin.. Sad

Have you tried logging into DirectAdmin first? If the password doesn't work for DirectAdmin, it won't work for FTP
mathiaus
Animal wrote:
Babsta wrote:

Have you tried logging into DirectAdmin first? If the password doesn't work for DirectAdmin, it won't work for FTP

I reset the password for the user and it works for me in DA and FTP though the user still has the same problem. I ran out of ideas to suggest.
Animal
Babsta, for support please see this thread.
Ester
I have played around with FlashXP and altered some settings and guess what..... It works.

Go into Options then connection - Data connection, make sure that there is no tick in Force active mode to use this IP.
also go into Options then connection - Proxy, make sure that there is no tick in Use passive mode.

This is all I did and it worked.
turbosquid
Also having FTP problems, my ftp client (FileZilla) logs on but times out after the LIST command, I have switched PASSV mode off which alows me to connect and receive the LIST ok,
I guess it must be a problem with the FTP server as i always used PASSV mode before without a problem.

Anyone any ideas?

TurboSquid
Commando_Sondre
This sucks bigtime, can't work on the server just because the FTP won't work. Bondings, you need the fix this, fast. I think I'm not the only one that have problems with this. I was going to upload XOOPS, and then suddenly, FTP won't work. It's almost disaster for me... Sad
Rosanova
Commando_Sondre wrote:
This sucks bigtime, can't work on the server just because the FTP won't work. Bondings, you need the fix this, fast. I think I'm not the only one that have problems with this. I was going to upload XOOPS, and then suddenly, FTP won't work. It's almost disaster for me... Sad

Hi there,

I think that I can give you a hint, that I've been used to upload modules to Xoops, and I would probably continue to use it in the future as it's both faster and easier.

I went into DirectAdmin and then used the File manager to upload files. Now the really hint is coming... I used 7zip to create a gzip file, as extension tar.gz, then upload the zipped file through the file manager and then unzipped the files directly on the server. It actually save you time on uploading using ftp, as I've found that there must be a leak of bandwidth at the ftp server.

I hope that you can use this.

Cheers!

Ps. Big greetings from Denmark to our brothers and sisters in Norway.