FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Feedback on new design for client...

glenwood
Hey,

I'm doing a complete new design for a student apartment complex in the local area. I wanted a new fresh look that would draw visitors into the social atmosphere and lifestyle immediately. I just finished up with the slicing in Photoshop so it currently stands as a static site, but I'll make it more fluid once I get some initial feedback from the client and y'all. So please let me know if there are any things I should change or modify. Thanks in advance!

http://www.glenwood.frih.net/new/0/

Johnny
Mosquito.Tyler
I like the design. It promotes a fun atmosphere, my only suggestions would be a larger picture of the building on the home page, perhaps make the title larger, and you may want to add some transparency to the background, the green is a little bold and hard on the eyes.

Good job.
pashmina
very eye catching layout. yet a very nice design. good... i like it
glenwood
Quote:
I like the design. It promotes a fun atmosphere, my only suggestions would be a larger picture of the building on the home page, perhaps make the title larger, and you may want to add some transparency to the background, the green is a little bold and hard on the eyes.

Good job.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree with the larger picture of the property and making the company name more visible. The transparency is a nice point also and it is an easy one-click in Photoshop.

Thanks again. Anyone else want to chime in with their opinions?
lepris
I congratulate on the nice design you created! But my first remarks are, that it's a little hard to guess the name of the company, it would be nice to expose it better , maybe somewhere above the main menu on the right ? It could form a logical construction like: in Glenwood you can : . . .
The other thing is the bevel and emboss you used with type (headings and the writings on the white background) I don't think it's necessary, as the whole thing is based on strong planes of color. And maybe because in the menu you placed bullets made of black dots, which don't have a bevel or any other 3d associations.
I would consider use of second font face like the one from the black t-shirt held by the girl. I mean the one on the top 'Raintree campus', you could form some white backgrounds from it , they would look nicely as headings. you could than replace the solid horizontal lines with them. (you know the effect reached by multiplying a word in a chaotic order and variance of size, which forms something like a cloud). you could then use these graphic motives elsewhere.

I'm sorry I've written s much I myself suffer a great struggle when constructing a website. Spending hours in front of my monitor and suffering a great pain and inconvenience when the ideas cease to come to my head. The results are also weak. and begin to form only after a few attempts.
the6thfactor
lepris wrote:
I congratulate on the nice design you created! But my first remarks are, that it's a little hard to guess the name of the company, it would be nice to expose it better , maybe somewhere above the main menu on the right ? It could form a logical construction like: in Glenwood you can : . . .
The other thing is the bevel and emboss you used with type (headings and the writings on the white background) I don't think it's necessary, as the whole thing is based on strong planes of color. And maybe because in the menu you placed bullets made of black dots, which don't have a bevel or any other 3d associations.
I would consider use of second font face like the one from the black t-shirt held by the girl. I mean the one on the top 'Raintree campus', you could form some white backgrounds from it , they would look nicely as headings. you could than replace the solid horizontal lines with them. (you know the effect reached by multiplying a word in a chaotic order and variance of size, which forms something like a cloud). you could then use these graphic motives elsewhere.

I'm sorry I've written s much I myself suffer a great struggle when constructing a website. Spending hours in front of my monitor and suffering a great pain and inconvenience when the ideas cease to come to my head. The results are also weak. and begin to form only after a few attempts.

You hit two of the main points I was going to bring up. The name is indeed hard to decipher right away, you might want to either make it horizontal (which I know would defeat the purpose of the design) or possibly something that sticks out more (darker green box with a light color text?). And also, the bevel on the links I don't think is necessary either. I think even a flat text there would flow nicely with the rest of the site.

Looks great other than that though, I love the atmosphere! Smile
glenwood
Thank you for your latest suggestions. I could definitely play around with the property name to make it more visible and stand out more with some color changes. And I will try out plain text as links for the nav. bar on the right. I think the more text the better, so if the links can be, why not.

Thanks for the input.