FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flash Game Programming questions

Flash is great for games?
Yep, awesome!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
It's ok.
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Naw, it's lame!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Sneemaster
I'm learning flash 8 and Actionscript for game programming right now. Does anyone know of websites with great tutorials or samples? Does anyone have any samples I could look at? Especially with different styles of games: 2d topdown, 2d side scrolling, mouse/keyboard/gamepad use, AI, things like gravity and collisions?
I'm also wondering about how much flash can handle in terms of computing calculations and ai during play. How complex can you make a game with flash?
I've used VB, C#, and C++ for game development (mostly in 3D) for DirectX and OpenGL and even wrappers like SDL and Irrlicht so I'm wondering how Flash compares to all that in 2D? I know flash is great for 2D type games (maybe easier too?), but how about 3D? Is it possible to do? What do you all think of Flash versus other languages/systems for game development?
Duncan Idaho
Test games, hire(optional) testers for your games, and get people to test other games and tell you what they are like. Most games I've seen are fairly well. Now not all are triple leet grade games, but some aren't even MK2 worth. Dunno about memory, I've seen some big games though.
awesty
It is possible to make 3D games in flash. I have seen it been done before. Check out newgrounds and you might be able to see some. (There arent very many).

For tutorials you could check out:
http://www.awestyproductions.com