FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

AWITS reply button does not work !@!@!@

salman_500
Hey admin and mods....

im desperate at this point ...... Frihost mods require me to reply to a warning issued to me.... or else they will ban me... but i cannot !! i tried 4 - 5 times but the reply button doesnt even budge ! Sad

i do not mean any offence or any disregard to the system by this post.. its just that i dont want myself being banned from Frihost ! Shocked

please fix this problem so that i can reply and prove my innocence ..... it stated that if i didnt reply to it the next time i logged... i will be banned... and i cant risk loggin out at this moment... please mods... have mercy ! Surprised ..

seriously ... after you are done with the button ... delete this topic.......

Thnx !
wumingsden
salman_500 wrote:
Hey admin and mods....

im desperate at this point ...... Frihost mods require me to reply to a warning issued to me.... or else they will ban me... but i cannot !! i tried 4 - 5 times but the reply button doesnt even budge ! Sad

i do not mean any offence or any disregard to the system by this post.. its just that i dont want myself being banned from Frihost ! Shocked

please fix this problem so that i can reply and prove my innocence ..... it stated that if i didnt reply to it the next time i logged... i will be banned... and i cant risk loggin out at this moment... please mods... have mercy ! Surprised ..

seriously ... after you are done with the button ... delete this topic.......

Thnx !

Please try a different browser and see whether that works. No other staff members are having problems in that AWIT so I don't understand why you can't neither.

Note that it has already been made aware in the AWIT.
Nyizsa
Is Javascript enabled in your browser for frihost.com?
(Just an idea - I don't even know if AWIT uses it...)
Bondings
Javascript shouldn't have anything to do with it.

I added myself as a user to the AWIT and was able to reply to it. This is pretty weird. Can you maybe try again on a different computer/browser? Also what exactly happens/doesn't happen.

Oh and don't worry about logging out/logging in, we are just trying to clear the old AWITs and get people to reply to them (and not keep ignoring them). In your case there is a technical problem and we're aware of it.
salman_500
Bondings wrote:
Javascript shouldn't have anything to do with it.

I added myself as a user to the AWIT and was able to reply to it. This is pretty weird. Can you maybe try again on a different computer/browser? Also what exactly happens/doesn't happen.

Oh and don't worry about logging out/logging in, we are just trying to clear the old AWITs and get people to reply to them (and not keep ignoring them). In your case there is a technical problem and we're aware of it.

kk first of all thnx...

well when im using it.... just enter all the text and then press "Reply to this Warning" button... but nothing happens ... the explorer status bar at the bottom doesn't show anything... i re-click but nothing happens...

i dont have another browser at the moment bu i guess ill download one and check.... but just to be sure of it... |Frihost is added to my secure list of sites... and it has full access....

i dunno wats wrong... even tried restarting my computer and stuff....

guesss ill try on a different browser....
salman_500
ok i got myself mozilla firefox...

when i submit the first time i get this.. :

Quote:
ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.frihost.com:80/forums/awit_user_topic.php?awit_reply=.... "40% of my text here ......

The following error was encountered:

* Invalid URL

Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect. Possible problems:

* Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be `http://'' or similar)
* Missing hostname
* Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path
* Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed

Your cache administrator is webmaster.
Generated Sun, 07 Jan 2007 05:38:18 GMT by cache15.isd.wol.net.pk (Squid/2.4.STABLE7)

what i see the problem here... is that you are using GET method.... if im not mistaken there is probably a limit of the lenght of the URL .... due to which only 40% of my text is being displayed.... if i copy the URL displayed in the link an paste it again in the address box... it states :

Quote:
General Error

No valid topic_id provided. You must be kidding me!

soo.... errr..... i gues you should use POST .... or is it just me whos facing this error....

maybe internet explorer didnt allow the form to be submitted because of the lenght of the URL ... and mozilla firefox was stupid and just passed it on...only the ammount that was alloed.... which did not include this info :

Quote:
&id=60418&action=reply&submit=Reply+to+this+Warning

hmm.... the address bar shows the whole text and the info... but i guess it only reads the ammount that can be possible.... or is it not at all this way...

dunno..... try using POST though..... or test this urself by writing a huge chunk of text and then posting......
Blaster
I have an AWIT and i just replyed to mine and had no problem what so ever with firefox.