FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Unlocker-file deleting doftwere

samsundar
Unlocker is an Windows Explorer extension allowing you with a simple right-click on a file or folder to get rid of error message such as error deleting file or folder, cannot delete folder: it's being used by another person or program.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Unlocker.shtml
I found this software very useful
MrBlueSky
It is probably more safe to schedule the deletion of a locked file for the next reboot using Boot Deleter (also from softpedia)
Nyizsa
Hey, nice! A must-have if you want to make fun of others on the network... Cool
badai
for those file that you are not sure off, it's safer to schedule to delete on next reboot. but most of the time, we already knew explorer is the culprit (try to access the file information, or get the thumbnail). why stop everything and reboot if you can solve the problem right now?

unlocker will also tell you what process is accessing the file, so you can always be sure it's not harmful.
surdy
Thanks buddy this looks like a col software. it realy is a pain sometimes when files won't delete giving this naging error .

i think i must give it a try right away

cheerz
root
If explorer.exe is the offending process, which it is in most cases, you can open a command prompt, kill explorer.exe, delete the file/folder from the command prompt, and relaunch explorer.exe as an alternative to the application mentioned above.