FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Popular Eighties Music in Movie and Television Soundtracks

RT Cunningham
I'm an eighties pop music fan, although I collect some music from 1960 (the year I was born) through to the present. I sometimes watch movies from the eighties and enjoy the soundtracks. Now, current movies and television shows have some eighties music included.

To the point, I'm beginning to compile a list of eighties music and what movies and television shows they were included in. I can't seem to find that particular bit of information anywhere on the net! It all started when I was trying to remember where I heard "Tears For Fears - Head Over Heels". After much searching and brain-wracking, I realized it was in "Donnie Darko", a movie I didn't particularly like.

I'm asking if anyone would point out movies and TV shows that include eighties music so that I can collect that info -- I plan to put it on one of my web pages as a compiled list. I already have "30 Something" to go through and add the songs from there.
BMB07
Paul Engemann - Push It To The Limit (Montage song featured in Scar Face)
Joe Esposito - You're The Best (Montage song featured in Karate Kid)

I do love montage songs, and these two are pure eighties Very Happy.
RT Cunningham
I've never even seen "Scarface", but I should have remembered "Karate Kid". Yeah, the montages are pretty good. I'm going through "Real Genius" right now for those and the closing credits.
RT Cunningham
Oh, I forgot to point out that the list I'm compiling is for music that made it to the top 100 for their respective years. So, what I'm saying is not just eighties music, but popular eighties music. If I didn't narrow it down, there would be literally thousands of items in the list.
BMB07
Oingo Boingo - Weird Science.

Such a happy/boppy song.

Made for the movie "Weird Science".

Great song, you should check it out if you haven't already Wink