FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Life without the Internet!!!





pashmina
Think what would your life be without the internet.
My computer would be totally useless with the internet. It would be like seeing the same thing every day. same work same game same every things until some other thing is installed. My life would be incomplete with out the internet. All the online stuffs and getting yourself updated... i would miss all those stuffs.!!!
Agent ME
Heh it seems kind of odd to think of no-internet. Also seems odd to realize that is what the world was 20 years ago Razz
eliasr
well, i would have my porn on cd's Embarassed

but yeah, the internet is allways updateing, so, we kinda need it. else would it only be to writeing school work on my computer, i don't need 120 gb for that.
Alias
Life is very different for me without the internet. Because without the internet I maybe always go out to the pubs and enjoy the company with them. Also without the internet I can't have this much knowledge in computers because I usually learn some cool stuffs under the internet.
billgertz
life withouht internet is gonna be like medieval period. hehehe. the era of snail mail and telegram is gonna be the best way of communication.
vinx_18
I can live without the internet but I have to change my lifestyle. If people live without the internet before, I think we can survive!
k_s_baskar
Hey Net is my first lover. I can't live without net

There will be no end to net that's y microsoft named it's product as .net not net. Smile
pashmina
billgertz wrote:
life withouht internet is gonna be like medieval period. hehehe. the era of snail mail and telegram is gonna be the best way of communication.

its funny and dam true
sky217
I have only 1 computer, but my router serves 4 devices. When the Internet isn't working, neither is my phone.

Oh, and no online banking... I shudder to think about having to actually walk into the bank and stand in line.

Also no more VPNing into work. Have to get dressed and go in every time there's a problem in the middle of the night. Then again, maybe there would be fewer problems in the middle of the night it if we didn't have the Internet. Smile
amusic
yeah....those day after the earthquake in Taiwan, my connection is down. Feel bored with my computer without internet, it's useless without network.
nilsmo
You can still use a computer for many stimulating purposes without the Internet. Write something, program something (provided you have some compiler), no distractions...
the-geek
nothing would happene if the internet is not there. would be used to it soon. my hardisk crashed and i was so upset then now im ok. my cell is checking my gmail and surfing net with it. having net is great but without it life wont stop..
ravi_9793
I think my life will have nothing to do....I will have to waste my time outside my room.

Without internet i cant imagine my daily timetables......
fedex220
Hello,

Without the internet i do not know what i would do. First of all i would probably just not even go on my computer because there woul be no website or anything. you would be playing Solitare and paint and all of that all over. Excwept if you purchase a game at the store then it could have some kick to it when you turn on your computer and start up your account. But really it woulnt be the same. But to tell you the truth the internet just maks you pay more money in alot of ways. First of all your monthly bill thenVirus software, and games to play.. To ask someone to have the internet is like say pay an extra 100$ of your money a month.
bigdan
I'd think we'd all go nuts without it. It's become an integral part of our lives, especially this generation.
Tuxy
The internet is my life, so life without the internet = impossible.

Seriously tho, if internet just would stop to exist it would be a worldwide disaster. However, if internet was never invented, would we care? We wouldn't even know what it was so in that case it wouldn't be a problem at all.
rhathar
I think.... I would be ok. As much as I am in love with computers - one of my majors is CIS, even, I think I'd actually be able to get out of the house more.

I'd be in better shape, play more sports, probably have even more friends. Heh.

But... would I want the internet to go away? Oh, hell no Smile I love it and hey, I gotta get rich somehow Wink
yy1124
Every time i think of this I shivered >.<.

Is very hard for me to give up on internet now, is like one of the most important part of myself is taken out.
proto-man
NO INTERNET! Can such a thing exist?

Lol, sure I would survive without internet, but life would be pretty darn hard. I do all my homework on the internet/comp, so I use it pretty much everyday. the internet is so useful for all kinds of little things that you might want to lookup, the pizza store phone number, friends address on yellowpages, email, whatnot. Even if you don't use internet for major things, these little things are really helpful.
standready
It would be even harder to operate my business without the internet but I could survive. I did it before but things are easier with than without. Also more fun with. I get to chat with people from all around the world.
outofnicks
I think I'd be a better person if I didn't spend so much time at the computer. I'd be more active, more social (face to face) and probably in better health.
As much as I enjoy all the different things one can explore on the internet, it being like a magic crystal ball, I believe the world could be a better place without all the able-bodied folks sequestered in front of their monitors. I'm 53 years old so I may not drastically change my ways, but one never knows Cool
tribe
Life without the internet would be a disaster. I get all my news off the net and have met so many great people on the net.

I feel like the internet is a web of people with similar interests who find their way to similar sites.

A tremendous site for aviation supporters is Airliners.net 2 Million Page Views for 200,000 daily visitors.

I think all and all, we need the internet to live nowadays.
guugu
i think i could live without internet... I would be healthy also... it was only like 4 or 5 years ago when i lived in "forest" and there wasnt internet connections. I was more active... played football like 3 or 4 times in week... After movin in the city i play floorball only 2 times in week ;p
Rako
I think life without the internet for me wouldn't be so bad because i mainly use it for information which i can get at other places. i think life without computers would be hard because i write slow it's not neat and i have terrible spelling.
xlosin_love&&
Oh. My. God. Life without internet? How could I live with that? I would literally die. It's like, I wake up every morning and the first thing I do before anything else is, turn on my computer and go on the internet. I sit on my ass here for the whole day (until I get kicked out but...) I can't imagine life without it - really.
Dean_The_Great
I got my computer long before we had internet. And it was alright only because I didn't realize exactly what I was missing. My school at the time had the internet so I just transported stuff back and forth on 3.25"s. yup... the internet 1.44MB at a time...
Satori
It's funny to think how most people nowadays can't think of what life would be like without the internet. Yet, for thousands of years, humans managed to survive without it. I personally use the internet everyday pretty much, so it is hard for me to think of what I'd do with all the time I'd have if I didn't have an internet to spend it on. Maybe I'd do something productive, like read a book...I guess I'll never know Smile
schmidi
Life without Internet is not possible... for me, i think Laughing
hhmm... the television is dead for me now... but this would be different, if i had no Internet....
emjawa
Life without internet would mean that we wouldn't be discussing this. Deep huh? Razz Err, yes. Life would be pretty dull, a hell load less geeky though.
ShawnKelfonne
I would have so much more free time without the internet. I think the last time the internet and power were out, I actually went and read some books. I can't see myself really doing that so much as long as the internet is around. (That, and there haven't been that many books that appeal to me lately.)
Silent
I really have no clue what life would be like without the internet... Although i have only had the internet for 7 years i cannot remember life to well before that! lol i think i was a lot more active though. But before i had the internet i spent a lot more money on video games a such so if u think about it the internet can be good and bad by saving money. (Well it saves me money cause my mom pays for it and not me lol) But it is bad and i think thats the reason there is more obeace people but hey. People have to option and if they choose this lifestyle well they can live with it and handle it on there own Smile
kairo
Well thinking about it brings back memories of the times we had no cell phones. I can't imagine living without a cell phone or internet access. I don't recall the last time i wrote a check or received a statement in the mail.
I think it would be devastating to have no internet.
Blu_Spykz
My life wouldn't be overly different really.

I'm just 21, still active, still learning. I don't depend on the internet that much.

A life without DVD's or VCR's though... Think I'd die a slow painful death.
engeland
Life without internet would make all my school work hand-written.

That would really suck
kolaro2
Increasing using internet makes the world getting smaller.so without internet , I might going to be a crazy and my pc will be nonesense for all. Sad
qbawler311
Darkness would fall no sun...no smiles...bunnies would stop chirping. It would be terrible. Dallas sucks.
frozenhead
No emails..

No chat..

No FriHost..

No music

No porn! LOL.. kidding..


A life without internet is just sooo... I don't know? My work is dependent to it so I really can't picture it out. Rolling Eyes
tijn01
I can't say I would be scared to have life without the internet..... I only use it for an hour or so a week, the only thing I would really miss is my email, but I like sending letters too, and sometimes its good to buy stuff online, but I don't really miss the internet..... I prefer real people and places..... maybe I'm a generation older????
reddishblue
pashmina wrote:
billgertz wrote:
life withouht internet is gonna be like medieval period. hehehe. the era of snail mail and telegram is gonna be the best way of communication.

its funny and dam true

Um Telegram lol they created the phone way before the internet, some how I dont thing we would choose the telegram.
the1991
i dread having to move because the rent is going to be higher and i wont be able to get internet at my apartment Sad. i am poor.
rampantinsanity
Life without the internet is really hard for me.

I only recently, just a few weeks ago got the internet back again after being without it for several insane months. I managed to survive, mostly by going to the library and walking all over the neighborhood with the laptop. Searching for a stray signal or something, and then fighting with the computer to coax it into picking up the wifi and keep it going..

I get really cranky without the net and to make matters worse, we have a role play and gaming forum that I'm trying to keep alive and make improvements to. So I was constantly worried about it dying but the forum members have been really good, especially my moderators and they stuck it out and now we're back and with net.

For now.

-Alunasa from Rampant Insanity
kurogane
Living whitout net, x_x, i can live , XD
Satori
engeland wrote:
Life without internet would make all my school work hand-written.

That would really suck

Couldn't you just type it in a word processor? I mean, you don't need the internet to type your school work. In fact, you don't even need a computer to type your school work. Typewriters do still exist. Not that anyone uses them anymore...but I fail to see how a lack of internet would make you have to hand write your school work.
schumway
I dont know how I would survive without the internet or without google now... they are so integrated into life and work... i am lost without it!!!

one of my friends moved out to the sticks... they were thinking of getting dial up and already I was having suicidal tendancies thinking about using dial up for internet access... nevermind no access!!!!
tefa_taftaf2010
it will be impossiple and i cant do any thing with my computer so i'll try to sell it


internet now is an important thing to all people ( as i think )

regards
Kyraxe
I would be able to do so much more stuff in the "outside" world if there was no internet. I remember when I was younger I was involved in so many more things. Now with MMORPG's, if I want to talk to friends, I don't need a phone or drive over to see them, I can just log on to the internet, sign into my game and away I go, my social aspect for the day is complete. The way I live really has changed with the use of the internet, and how much more and more I depend on it for daily things.
Lilystock
I've just had some no-internet time because I've just moved from Hong Kong to France and had to have everything reconnected again...

Well, I felt pretty isolated to say the least. Despite being with my baby, it's been like being alone again.

But to be true, I'm not a phone person, so didn't call friends or family too...
Runescapetown
That would be boring if you have nothing to do..
[FuN]goku
frozenhead wrote:
No porn! LOL.. kidding..

Whos Kidding lol!

But life w/o internet? Shocked Shocked Shocked Cant..... go... on... Need internet...
Satori
Kyraxe wrote:
Now with MMORPG's, if I want to talk to friends, I don't need a phone or drive over to see them, I can just log on to the internet, sign into my game and away I go, my social aspect for the day is complete.


Wow...no offense meant, but your post just sounds really sad.

Your first sentences make it sound like you wish the internet didn't exist so you actually could spend more time in the "outside" world, as you put it. But then you say that if you want to talk to friends, you can just huddle at your computer to do so instead of actually going to visit them in person. I can assure you that the social aspect of sitting alone in a room, "talking" through text to your "friends" isn't actually being social. If you really desire to spend more time in the "outside world" you CAN! It's just a matter of prying yourself away from the lifesucking machine you call a computer and actually doing it! Computers themselves aren't inherently lifesucking machines, but they CAN be if you allow them to be...which seems to be the case with you. But hey, if you want to "live" your life by spending endless hours alone staring at a computer screen projecting a fantasy world into your mind, then be my guest.

(Sorry if my post is offensive...but I've BEEN THERE back in high school and I let 2 years of my life get sucked away by an MMORPG...so I'm really just sharing my opinions based on my own experience. And my opinion is to get out while you still can.)
cvkien
my life without internet is just useless... because nowadays, my internet connection was terrible slow! and i have to go other places to use the internet services. so, internet is so important for me. without internet, i'll become a useless people. and that i was realize it 2 months ago. without internet, my days was blank, i become blur, stress... i just hope my line will not have problems no matter what day.
Chris24
Life was better without the internet. Plenty of friedns, read the paper and watched tube for news, hey played sports, even wrote my own homework. If you let it the internet will interupt your likfe not enhance it.

Having problems with girlfriend? hmmm, get off the computer and interact with her...What a novel idea. Getting a tire around your waist? hmmmm get off your ass and go to the gym and shape up. When was the last time you went out and actually went sleaigh riding, don't let me guess its too cold outside.....

Just sarcasm there, but I could care less if there were an internet or not. I have a good relationship with friends wife and family because I dont spend the bulk of my time on the net
letssee
Without the internet the business world wouldn't be the same. There would be no such thing as searching for a product before purchasing it from the retail stores, and there would be a lot of confusion. In fact, business would be extremely difficult as the only way to find out is watch T.V., listen to the word of mouth or actually driving to the place to find out. With the internet it has saved us a lot of time.
shwetanshu
if there was no interbnet, i wud have probably bored to death... but my wud be very happy since i wud pay more attention to my studies Laughing
pestaa
i couldn't understand the title of the topic... cause there is no life without internet Razz am not an addict, just a fan Smile
i like the infinite... and i can get it here Smile
jabapyth
id probably get a lot more done Smile, but i wouldnt be able to look everything up on google/wikipedia Wink ...
...i wonder what the next "internet-like" discovery will be? one that will change the world as much as this has?
Ethan Bradley
Life without the internet... Doing research for school would be a whole lot more time consuming. Well, that's assuming that you are using the internet for its original purpose: free knowledge. Razz Actually going to the library, and what if there isn't a book that tells you exactly what you need to know? Not to mention because of no internet, the libraries would be filled up with people... Life would be hard to imagine without it.

Life without the internet is no life at all! Laughing
Soulfire
Our internet was down for a few hours today, and because I had no school and my friends were busy I was insanely bored! If we had never had the internet, then it wouldn't matter, but after using it and then losing it, it would be a pretty big loss. I mean, it sounds "nerdy" to say that, but we spend a lot of time on the internet.

Not to mention the transfer of data from one place to another would be extremely slow without the internet, which would make the word much less unified. The internet truely is something... amazing.
vdk777
I think it would be a little bit boring without internet, but we already had that time when we had no internet and even we had no computers. Now we have things that others didn't had 15-30 years ago. It's call Evaluation of Humanity. We will be suprised even more let say maybe in 30 years.
Seiji
I would probably watch tv all day or be out all the time. Life w/o internet sucks. My internet goes down time to time so I know how it feels.
cruisearound
Couldnt imagine for one minute, not having the net tbh.
Only realise how much i use it when for some reason its not acailable to me. Sad
NuniPio
haha oh no, please dont even go there.. the internet is like my heart to be honest, of it stops then ill die.. Sad
Illionaire
It is true that we have been completely reliant on the internet. Our house got struck by lightening in the summer and the internet was down for about 3 days. It was a horrible 3 days. The internet is such a usefull tool. There is pretty much no piece of information that you cant find online.

There are negative aspects. People become obsessed with talking on MSN, or checking myspace/facebook. Sometimes it seems like a sickness.
r_y_e_20
Really? life without this internet sucks. Internet is global sharing for me and thats very important. This have been my library, almanac, encyclopedia, newspaper, tv and many more informative medium combined. Better to find out who started this Internet because he/she deserves a nobel prize. I hope there is an ICT category.
FaLLeN
Yeah no internet would really suck, im actually kind of going without lately.
I have some stupid problem with my central splitter or something and we need to get a technician out to fix it for us. Hope it doesn't take too much fix.
NuniPio
i also remember once telstra stuffed up some phone lines at the pillar box and swaped our line with somebody elses and we had no internet for about a week.. OMG i had NOTHING to do lol i had soo much freetime it was not funny. for those who think im joking, give it a try and see how much freetime you get without the internet.
erlendhg
It would be completely impossible Razz
A life without internet is like a...
...a world without... stuff!

I'm almost living in front of my computer Razz
tbsmicro
[quote="rampantinsanity"]
I only recently, just a few weeks ago got the internet back again after being without it for several insane months. I managed to survive, mostly by going to the library...

Like Rampantinsanity, I was without the internet for two months whilst changing internet providers. I was on an exchange which used LLU (Local Loop Unbundling) so had to totally cancel my previous account, wait for the line to clear then submit a request with my new provider. Something went wrong admin wise and it took 2 months before finally I was connected to the new ISP. These two months were HELL. I never realised how much I relied on the internet !! It was over christmas too, so I couldn't order anything from online stores (well I tell a lie, I did cheat and use my employers internet connection on my lunch, but only once!! promise). I forwarded all my emails to my mobile phone provider and attempted to read them with my phone! seemed reasonable until I realised how many mails I actually get daily !
I even resorted to dial up connection to a no forms/no signup ISP, yes you read that right, DIAL UP !! thats 54kb/s MAX ! try downloading music files or even windows updates with that baby!!
Now you'll all be glad to read I am back to the high speed stuff that I only dreamt of during those two months, and I will never, NEVER let it slip away...
k10000s
Well, I can live without Internet. Sometimes I don't use Internet for several days. However, I feel inconvenient in that time.
By the way, I sarted using Internet to find information quickly. But nowadays, there are too much information and it takes longer time to read all articles and to find correct information.
Does anyone feel same as me?
jylan
I can go without the internet for a week without being too disadvantaged, but if there was no internet I would be so sad Crying or Very sad .
jylan
I can go without the internet for a week without being too disadvantaged, but if there was no internet I would be so sad Crying or Very sad .
bulek
I don't think I could live without the internet. There are sooo many things on internet that I simply can't skip. I am really bored on computer without internet because there is nothing to do except watching movies and playing games.
However I can stand week or two without internet when I go to vacation on seaside but when I come back I spend 3-4 hours only to check news and forum posts. Smile
tbsmicro
bulek wrote:
I don't think I could live without the internet. There are sooo many things on internet that I simply can't skip. I am really bored on computer without internet because there is nothing to do except watching movies and playing games.
However I can stand week or two without internet when I go to vacation on seaside but when I come back I spend 3-4 hours only to check news and forum posts. Smile


Me too, a holiday sort of allows me to forget about the internet, however with mobile phones i have been known to find locations with WAP so I guess even then I am cheating a bit. Like you bulek, when I get back it takes me a good few hours to get my email in order.
BosLady
I don't think I could ever live without my internet. I work at home on my computer and I spend a minimum of 8 hours a day on the internet. There have been times when my internet has went down for a couple hours and swear I was going to die!! It makes me wonder sometimes...what did I do before I had the internet at my fingertips everyday? I am guessing my life was kind of boring back then. Wink When we go on vacation, I have to bring the laptop and we have to have internet access at the hotel we are staying at. I know, I am very sad. But the plus side is that instead of sending postcards, we can email friends and family daily, attaching pictures of all the cool stuff we did that day. I love technology!!

~Tiffany
cybernie
The advent of computers and the internet has contributed and made a big change in the way people live. Things are made much easier. Think about doing transactions online, talking with your friends and at the same time seeing them wherever they are in real time, think about sharing files and documents from across the globe and being entertained while ganing more friends from around the world. These are just some of the great things brought to us by this new technology.

At present, life without internet would be like going back decades ago where people would sacrifice waiting in line to send their mails at post offices, wait in line to transact in banks and others. Who would like to go back to those "tiring days"?

Not me.
furtasacra
There was no Internet when I was a kid. There was some computer network communication, but it was all text, and you had to know programming language to use it. Oh, and of course, 9 baud modems that you actually put the phone receiver on.

There was also no call waiting, call forwarding, or cable television. No home video game consoles, no cellphones, and no wireless anything, including TV remote controls. (On the bright side, there was also no Tickle Me Elmo.)

From about 1995 to 2001, I was a horrid little web geek, but I worked in technical support for an internet service provider for a while. I burned to a crisp, and dropped out until September 2006. I had NO net access for five years.

Here's the thing: after a few months, I didn't miss it anymore. I still used the computer to balance my checkbook, keep a diary, and play single-player computer games. I missed some of my online friends for a while, but the only time I really got annoyed about not having net access was when I wanted to look up some bit of information that I didn't have a book about.

So, in short, not having internet access isn't the end of the world. In the grand scheme of life, the internet is no more than a convenience.
SyNMaN
furtasacra wrote:
There was no Internet when I was a kid. There was some computer network communication, but it was all text, and you had to know programming language to use it. Oh, and of course, 9 baud modems that you actually put the phone receiver on.

There was also no call waiting, call forwarding, or cable television. No home video game consoles, no cellphones, and no wireless anything, including TV remote controls. (On the bright side, there was also no Tickle Me Elmo.)

From about 1995 to 2001, I was a horrid little web geek, but I worked in technical support for an internet service provider for a while. I burned to a crisp, and dropped out until September 2006. I had NO net access for five years.

Here's the thing: after a few months, I didn't miss it anymore. I still used the computer to balance my checkbook, keep a diary, and play single-player computer games. I missed some of my online friends for a while, but the only time I really got annoyed about not having net access was when I wanted to look up some bit of information that I didn't have a book about.

So, in short, not having internet access isn't the end of the world. In the grand scheme of life, the internet is no more than a convenience.


the way the trend is going, being without internet is going to become a quality of life problem.... once the next generation takes over, you would definetly need internet access.
BosLady
[/quote]

the way the trend is going, being without internet is going to become a quality of life problem.... once the next generation takes over, you would definetly need internet access.[/quote]

I totally agree, there are some things that you can't do now without internet access. Banking for instance, it is a lot easier to go online and transfer funds rather than go into the bank and take care of things manually. I don't keep a checkbook, no one takes checks anymore anyway. My check card is automatically withdrawn from my account so I just go online every morning and see what my balance is. No need for a paper check register.

Also, when I pay some of my bills, a few of the companies I pay don't allow you to pay by phone unless if you pay a fee. I can go online at the same companies and pay my bills directly.

There are also a lot of businesses out there that are solely online. Shopping has become an easier feat to accomplish when searching for a good deal. The internet is definately the way the trend is going, I don't know what I would do without it.

My kids can't understand that we had a life before the internet. When I was younger, if I had a paper to write for school, we went to the library. We looked in the encyclopedia, checked out many books on the subject, etc. My kids now have a list of websites they used for their resource list. It is nice because everything is at your fingertips. You can work on it day or night.

~Tiffany
Utopia GFR
No Internet would mean returning to the basics of social life and classic media supports like television, radio and newspapers.

Since the Internet entered world massa consumption, it became during the last ten years a top priority in the life of millions.

Despite the benefits of creating new ways of communicating (email, chat, websites, online gaming, video, audio) , the Internet has also generated a a heap of psychological and social problems that highly contribute to disrupt people's living.

Amongst others, check out this website for some relevant information about Internet abuse :
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Internet/Abuse/

In my case, just like any another Frihoster (I guess), my level of dependence to the Internet is high and I couldn't stand the pressure in not connecting to the cyberworld after a given amount of time (something like 3 or 4 days).

It's just like sticking to your mobile phone and expecting someone to call you, I guess, we're all just paranoid individuals Very Happy
Babsta
My life wouldn't be incomplete without internet.. But yeah there would be some teeny meeny bit missing.
Razz Razz
Since I've got no website yet.. The stupid DirectAdmin doesn't work for me. =(
divinitywolf
i dont mean to insult you but you're going down the wrong path. You shouldn't be so attached to something. All we need is food and water in life. Everything else is just unnessacary. dont take it for granted. Every time you use the internet or computer it kills the planet just that tiny bit more. Material possessions arent needed in life.
furtasacra
I'm trying not to be excessively dependent on the Internet these days. For a while there, it was actually my primary social outlet, and I'm not going to let THAT happen again. I do enjoy the exchange of information, ideas, and opinions, but I don't have any online friends that I don't know offline.

There are three people that I don't know listed as friends on my MySpace page, but they are: Weird Al Yankovic, Elvira, and Alice Cooper. I added them just to be silly.

My worst internet addiction is reading news. The local paper where I live stinks. I could live without all this news, but I'd rather not. The internet is also a valuable tool for assessing political candidates when an election is coming up, because you can access voting records for members of congress and the senate and find out if they actually put their votes where their mouth is, so to speak. If I didn't have net access at home, I'd being heading to the library to research political candidates before an election, because paying attention to political ads on tv is an incredibly stupid way to form an opinion about somebody.
neema
my work will be overloaded
highlordadmin
When i did see the name of this topic, the first thing i did think was "IMPOSSIBLE!" and i know it is.

Think of all those things that need the internet? Sure, you might need it, but think bigger, like, banks need it, dont they? Wont it be a big set.back if the internet did disapear?

Internet is what i say is the most important invention (After telephones, wich made internet possible, and computers ofc.). It is usefull for school, work, and *cough* download porn*cough*.

For me, internet means alot, if i did have to live whitout it, i would go insane.
funnyerror
LIFE WITHOUT INTERNET:

1.) wake up

2.) eat and work

3.) poop and go to bed
Becky
Life without the internet would be..so boring.
I spend so much time on here, what would i do with that spare time?
Homework would be a pain to complete, i'd have to go to libarys to get information instead of just going onto google/wikipedia O_O
The majority of my socialising is done on the internet (sad i know), so i'd barely talk to anyone...

Life without the internet, no thanks Shocked
clarinda0551
One thing for sure: record and movie companies would be damn happy...
Becky
clarinda0551 wrote:
One thing for sure: record and movie companies would be damn happy...


yeah XD
But who cares about them? lol
seagullspirit
lets face it, the net is by far the easiest thing to get addicted to these days so a world without it would be a world of recovering addicts detoxing for months Wink
Fake
I guess I wud finally turn my computers off and meet real people
furtasacra
I guess I'm fairly lucky, as far as this goes, a lot of my friends don't even HAVE internet access at home, which forces me to venture out into the real world on a regular basis. As much as I enjoy farting around on the internet, I usually have other things to do.

That's probably a good thing.

And of course, I have my garden and my books and a lot of other things to occupy my spare time. For example, the whole house needs repainting, inside and out. Blecchhh. I really need to organize my DVD collection, too. Hell, I need to organize the entire back room of the house, it's full of all the crap that doesn't seem to belong anywhere else. DOUBLE blecchh!

Maybe I'll fart around on the internet a little longer...
matador88
not a nice experience - short time ago i was disconnected due to high traffic !!
no internet is good for hobby
but bad for work and its too handy - from tv guide, bus / train, news, communication (emails, icq).........
shamy
I tried live with out internet when there was a problem in my computer , and I found life so bored , I really can't live with out the internet.
Malchior
I am using the internet for 6 years now and I've become addicted to it. Addicted is a bad thing for me because I sometimes forget to eat at the right time and exercise. I became addicted because of the wide varieties of the things you can do in the internet. Chat, Forum Boards, MMORPG's, and all that stuff.

But because I became sick for one week and was in no way could have internet access, I started to have time for my real life. The internet can be bad sometimes when you're too addicted. So I suggest we put even a small time for exercise and outdoor activities. Very Happy
Disaster-Pieces
I dred to think about it! i wouldnt survive!
skygaia
well...it is not easy to imagine my life without internet.
Just 10 years ago, I didn't know what www is. but now internet is compulsary in my life. every morning as soon as I got up, I checked my emails and read newspaper on my computer. and I often buy something at internet shopping mall. and I call to my parents through internet phone because it's very cheap...

So I can't imagine my life without internet
shafqatullah
no bloggers, no seo's, no IT's, no and other related job. our life would be so damn boring.. and if internet wasn't invented i would not met people here *hug*
eneka38
Life without the internet would be terrible. Everything would be affected. My studies, my work, everything. I just can't imagine how it would be.
ChrisCh
I remember my internet being down for about 18 hours once, and when I was at home during that time, I just faced total boredom (after trying everything to get it back up and running - turns out that they were doing maintenance on the exchange but didn't advise anyone in advance)... Pretty much everything in my house is connected to the internet except for my refrigerator - but if I had a few thousand spare I could always change that haha! My smartphone, desktop computer, laptop, Nintendo Wii, Bluray player, Foxtel HD box (Australian pay-tv), media & FTP server, network HD media streamer and television are all connected (either by cable or wi-fi) to the internet... so when it goes down, my house suddenly becomes much more boring haha!

And on top of that, I used to use a cloud computing software program by Microsoft (can't remember the name now), that kept most of my files stored on their systems instead of my own... but I decided it was faster to just keep them on a local hard drive - so when the internet was down then, I was unable to get any work done either haha! At least that part has changed Smile
goutha
eneka38 wrote:
Life without the internet would be terrible. Everything would be affected. My studies, my work, everything. I just can't imagine how it would be.


Modern life without internet would be very hard. But it's very possible to have a normal life without internet!!!
Bluedoll
There is a lot of things that I could do like finish all the stuff I have on hold. Yes, I could become very busy. If I lost the internet completely it would be very different for me but I think would still use my pc but only for personal use. Makes sense to me!
Denvis
There would be 'ITs' just not as much. The idea of computing would still exist however the internet itself hypothetically won't. Every piece of hardware and software we have now even without the internet would still need technical engineers to develop and maintain.

Life without the internet would certainly be different and a lot harder, especially now that we've been introduced to it. That being said, if a certain somebody didn't invent this incredible giant network, today we call the internet then I'm quite sure there will be some other form of communication that we'd invent and indulge ourselves upon.

I love the internet and I definitely don't want to see anything happen to it.
deanhills
Probably would be one of the greatest things that could happen to me for now. My eyes would be able to get a well deserved break. I probably would get out more than I do. I would be just as busy, but with different things. I'm certain I could survive without the Internet and that it probably would be good for me as well.
Insanity
I'm sure that I could survive without the Internet, things would just be a lot more difficult, especially since so much of modern society runs on the Internet. It wouldn't be life threatening, as humans have survived for tens of thousands of years with a connection to the world wide web, but then again living conditions back then were a lot more different.

Many banks have online banking systems that people use to control their finances, schools use the web to do research and set up classes and administration, and lots of important people like politicians and CEOs communicate about critical issues through this network. Without it, the modern world would cease to exist.

As for how it would apply to me, I simply wouldn't be able to read up on the news as easily, (I'd have to use the TV or subscribe to a newspaper), communicate with long distance friends as easily, and do a lot of things I do at work (email people, for example). Though yes, my eyes would probably be a bit better because of all this.
speeDemon
for me the worst part would be that I'd have to make all my projects and book reviews by actually going through various books and asking other people about these things. NO WIKIPEDIA!!!!! Shocked
eday2010
Life without the Internet would be great. Life was great before it, and it would be great without it again.

I see there are a lot of nerds on here whose lives revolve around Internet access, some of whom forgot how to make real friends. While some of you guys would probably kill yourself without Internet access, I would be happy. I only have it because it's there; I don't need it.
Greatking
i believe it would be one boring and terrible world without the internet.
i thank God for the life of the one person who established this multi versatile commodity.
The internet has become an integral part of millions of peoples' lives.
This took place within one generation. We are barely aware that we're utilizing
the internet for a myriad of seemingly mundane activities.
We are able to shop for blue jeans at bargain prices and purchase expensive sports cars that ordinary people could never possibly afford. We can also order seasonal edibles and collectibles.
There are so many things we can do now thanks to the internet, you only have to be daring and learn and reach out, so easy and affordable.
deanhills
Agreed Greatking. It's like an encyclopedia, atlas, information buro, booking agent all rolled into one. Not to mention being able to Skype as well.
timothymartin
Life did exist before the internet. In fact some would say that the internet causes less life and more existence.
deanhills
timothymartin wrote:
Life did exist before the internet. In fact some would say that the internet causes less life and more existence.
But isn't the internet life, in fact more life as there is greater communication with others? Such as in this Forum for example. We may not be known to one another, but we are still communicating?
chuksfree
Life without the internet, wow I have never imagined it until now.

I use the internet for pretty much everything. My studies, my work, for entertainment and for so many other things. Life without the internet would be very difficult, almost impossible to live.
xiaohan
I can't think.
PGe-tips
wouldn't feel the need to post on frihost forum.
For the rest think about 15 years backward .. we were perfectly happy... listened to CD's watched rented videotapes, and worked on big mainframe computers (AS400 and the alikes).

sure had a lot of more spare time !
andysart380
would suck..... nah j/k i could live in the woods
mukesh
Really its very good topic.

Without food we cant live to the earth just like Internet for me.

In my life Internet is very big helper. About all problem of computer, computer works types of knowledge, and information of any topic and 2 or 3 hours must i need game (world of warcraft) which i can play by Internet.

So, Internet is very usefull in my Life.
Thx You.
Related topics
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.