FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

intersting little situation

lastelement0
about a month ago things got really interesting with my relationships. right now im in college and first semester is now over. at first things with girls were going nowhere. the final night we were there that started to change.

not many girls were left in the dorm because most were done with exams. one girl, jess was still there because she had the same final as me the next day. things were nuts on my floor so i thought id pay her a visit. i ended up staying longer than i thought. we talked for hours and really got to know eachother. i ended up falling asleep in her bed with her and like we'd seem to wake up every once in a while and one of the times she mentioned one of our really good friends also liked me, caroline. jess was the only one that she told about this, so that presented an issue b/c jess was starting to fall for me.

now that we are all back home me and jess kept talking and things have developed as a result. im very happy right now. however, jess is apprehensive because she believes caroline will try and mess things up between me and her. i've talked with caroline without trying to reveal that i know she likes me yet let her know how i really feel about jess.

what should me and jess do to keep our relationship and not have caroline interfere?
Danomite
my advice...be honest with Caroline and just tell her you're into Jess... seems like the only logical thing to do, listen to your heart

and if that doesn't work...kill her Twisted Evil

but seriously I'd say be honest
shadowcastpm
That's always a nasty predicement, I suggest you talk to Caroline with Jess and talk it through, becuase there's nothing worse than her finding out from someone else. If she see's the two of you have been brave enough to face to her face to face in effect, she will think a lot more and possibly accept the fact, although I would't be suprised if it takes a while for it to sink into her head. I mean to be honest if it was my best friend I would go over board, but hey.. thats just me Razz

- Peter.
lastelement0
yeah we've talked with her about it but its more so been me and jess talking to caroline over im at differenet times. we'll be back in school next week and thats when we will really see how things are...im just really trying to make it work with me and jess without worries.
urbanbuddha
I think the more you try to shuffle the issue around Caroline, the worse you'll make it. Plus, the more you worry about this, the less time you and Jess can actually be together without worrying Caroline.

Treat her with respect and be honest. You were all friends to begin with and something like this shouldn't get in the way of that.
angelussum
Yikes. Tough situation.

I'd support what people have suggested, talk to Caroline and tell her about what's going. Try to be respectful of her feelings, but in the end, you can't control how she will react. Best to get this done soon, so you and Jess can move on Wink

Good luck with this.
lastelement0
thanks all for your help. luckily things have seemed to straighten out. me and jess are now "official". now its just a matter of getting her ex to quit being such an ass. he keeps calling trying to bug her. he'll act all nice then does a 180 and yells at her. i cant do anything bout it now until im with her on sunday cuz he usually calls her at night. o well. things are really awesome right now.
Chris24
Here ya go, BE HONEST WITH EVERYONE INVOLVED. IF it meant to be then it will happen . If one or the other can't accept it then they will either have to learn to live with it or move on.
genchan
I think how much Caroline likes you would be the main focus. Considering that you have not had a relationship with Caroline and you are only hearing about this from Jess, she may just have an infatuation on you rather than actual love.

If that is the case, I doubt she would go out of her way to disrupt your r/ship with Jess. A chat with her to straighten things out would probably be all that you need.

Things would get messier if you have a r/ship with Caroline and she has deep feelings for you.

Either you wait and see or just explain things to her in an honest way.
TribalArt
The situation with Carolines feelings have ended therefore I think its safe to say that her ex will soon stop calling Jess and being ass because he will see you two together and, hopefully, realises that there is nothing that he can do.
Logantheman
interesting situation my friend.. well I'd say that you should continue on with Jess.. since you like her, not the other.. now as far as caroline... if she tries to interfere... just dont let it effect ya man... ignore her if she tries... like she would really know more than the people in the relationship anyway..
ccer
Hmm, the problem doesn't seem that big. It can be solved only by understanding and compromising. What you must do is talk with Caroline and explain her about you and Jess. I hope she is that much understanding and will co-operate with you if she really loves you.

It is life and we all must accept it as it comes. In love some succeed and some fail. You must accept it.

So, if you think Jess is trust worthy enough then hang on with her if she is just spending her time with you the Caroline wouldn't be a bad idea.
:=)
freakinlame
Who do you actually like? Is it Jess or Caroline? If you like Jess, politely tell Caroline about it to avoid keeping her waiting for you to get her. The same goes if you like Caroline. Sometime, spending time alone with another person can create feelings that will normally won't occur had you two not been talking alone and falling asleep on her bed with her that night. After all, you can only choose one and let go of the other one. Smile
freakinlame
Who do you actually like? Is it Jess or Caroline? If you like Jess, politely tell Caroline about it to avoid keeping her waiting for you to get her. The same goes if you like Caroline. Sometime, spending time alone with another person can create feelings that will normally won't occur had you two not been talking alone and falling asleep on her bed with her that night. After all, you can only choose one and let go of the other one. Smile
lastelement0
thanks for all your responses. luckily everything seems to be working out just fine in some aspects. caroline is not interfering too badly. she does however seem kind of bitter towards jess and i although we aren't doing anything in front of her. and if she does try and do something my buddies are there to keep her line. but as for me and jess, everything is working out perfectly.
ccer
Its good to know the situation improving. But remember hiding in the the permanent solution. It will be good for all if you talk to her and not hide anything from her.