FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rate it - New PHP site...

What do you think of it? (Scale of 1 to 5)
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Dragonfly-online
I just finished uploading an alpha of my new PHP based website, it can be found at:

http://dragonfly-online.frih.net

By the way, the only page with content is the Index page, and even that's just filler.

Tell me what you think... Smile

By the way, check out putting your mouse over the marquee... (IT STOPS...Wink
Dragate
It is a really nicely design webiste, except for a few little things.

First of all, your font doesn't look like it fits with the site itself. I think you should make the font smaller a bit or change it up. Play with it to make it look more professional.

I see taht your other pages don't work, so they scale over the border of your bottom.

You see how the edges (black borders) on the left and right sort of fade away?

You should make one for the bottom of the page also. Currently, it just looks like it's cut off.

What ever font you used for the FIGHTING BORDEM part, looks like a good font, but you should make it smaller, becuase the bigger the font, the less professional and clean it looks.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!
irishmark
I just looked at it int IE6 and its a mess dude - seems your css and divs need somoe work
pashmina
nice design..
pashmina
script section a bit messed up link http://dragonfly-online.frih.net/index.php?type=scripts
http://dragonfly-online.frih.net/index.php?type=design
shows errors like
Quote:
Warning: main(content/design1.inc) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dragonfl/domains/dragonfly-online.frih.net/public_html/index.php on line 26

Warning: main(content/design1.inc) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dragonfl/domains/dragonfly-online.frih.net/public_html/index.php on line 26

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'content/design1.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/dragonfl/domains/dragonfly-online.frih.net/public_html/index.php on line 26
bgillingham
irishmark wrote:
I just looked at it int IE6 and its a mess dude - seems your css and divs need somoe work
This happens because of assumptions that other browsers make with respect to your CSS. Many times, making sure that your page validates through any HTML validation tool (like Website Optimization Tools) will solve your CSS issues.
GB
It is okay. I don't like the scrolling text, whether it stops or not when I roll over it.
{name here}
Dump the marquees and expand the site width. Nobody wants to read something that's scrunched up to the side. Well, that's at least what I get at my rediculously high resolution. I think it'd be kind of scrunched up to the side if I reverted to a lower res anyway.
Ka7raK
Whoever rated 4, it's being sympathetic. Seriously, i'm not not saying the layout is bad (it's not great) but i'd only rate 4 to good websites and i'm afraid this layout is more of the same stuff out there.
varon
it looks good for a PHP encoded site, if you did this with pure CSS and no tables, i'm impressed. Smile i just don't really go for monotones, so i would say your site needs more color Very Happy and ACTUAL content Very Happy but all in all it's a good one Smile
saratdear
The site feels a little bit cramped to me. Some of the test and images are overlapping, the title is half hidden under the header etc. And you should probably change the font. It does not match with the style of the site. And remove the marquee, or if you can't do that, atleast use a different size or a different font.
Other than all that, your site looks nice to me. Wink
pyapplico
Dragonfly-online wrote:
I just finished uploading an alpha of my new PHP based website, it can be found at:

http://dragonfly-online.frih.net

By the way, the only page with content is the Index page, and even that's just filler.

Tell me what you think... Smile

By the way, check out putting your mouse over the marquee... (IT STOPS...Wink

Takes ages to load all those images. (I've gone over my broadband limit).
aningbo
thats a lot of images and so u need to cut down buddy. it will never open on slow connections.

use fonts not bigger than 2 and yeah arial and tahoma looks good. try to avoid mouseover and mouseunder hover. it will look better. avoid marquee too. and hello ur links aren't working.