FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bully (Canis Canem Edit)

rightclickscott
I picked up this game during the holiday season, and I have to say, I am really impressed with it. It's got a cooky, over-the-top feel to it, with great gameplay, and so many side missions that you rarely need, or even really want to touch the main story, even though you'll love even that, and some of the great jokes that come out of it. It you haven't played this yet, this is a definite BUY in my book. Pick it up while you can!
flameb
Don't you mean "Canis Canem Edit" (or something similar, I can't fully remember the new name). I can't believe they had to change the name to suit over-vigilant committees. Rockstar have both a good and bad reputation - if, say, Pixar released a game called Bully, it would be fine, probably released with a G rating. But since Rockstar released it with exactly the same gameplay, violence etc, it must be a horribly violent game.

Anyway, I was looking at the game on eBay, thinking of buying. I think I'll like it, and you made my opinion more sided.
Handermier
Wait. They changed the name of the game from Bully to Canis Canem Edit? Wow, that is messed up. Bully isn't even a bad term. Rockstar has a bad rap.

<sarcasm>Just because they made GTA and made every kid want to go out with an uzi and destroy a whole city. Good job. </sarcasm>

-Handermier
Usuf
i think the game has a very new concept. count on Rockstar to take an absolutely normal environment and turn it into a battleground. Honestly we need more games like these, stuff which people would never have thought of making earlier.
lastelement0
i rented it before christmas and i agree, it was a good game. however, after playing it for a week, i determined i wouldnt want to spend the money to purchase it. it seemed to get a little repetitive after a while. each "chapter" of his life at the academy is spent disprespecting a different click. its good gameplay just not something i really enjoy doing.
apexcaliber
I've only seen the commercials and the review on G4 for this game. It seems to be different from anything else out there. Also seems to have a lot of features that would encite the mainstream public.

Nothing more so than most movies or books...but games always seem to do that.
7Pound7
it it sick
Insanity
I don't think its concept is that original; it takes almost the exact same game engine from the Grand Theft Auto series, with just a change of graphics and missions. I have played it though, and it seems like a pretty fun game. But then again that could be because I like GTA so much...
ReubenWilliams
it sounds pretty good I havn't played any computer games except sing star though. What format is this 'bully' on?
rightclickscott
Quote:
But since Rockstar released it with exactly the same gameplay, violence etc, it must be a horribly violent game.

It's really not, though. It's not violence in the sense that you run around killing people. It's more violent in the sense that people will run up to eachother and get into fist fights with eachother, or you just go around bullying whoever you want. It has some different twists like kissing girls, bullying people, and cooky weapons such as the Bottle Rocket Launcher.

Quote:
Wait. They changed the name of the game from Bully to Canis Canem Edit? Wow, that is messed up. Bully isn't even a bad term. Rockstar has a bad rap.

Only in the UK as far as I know. I don't care, I still have the case that says Bully in gold. Besides, Bully is a much better name, it fits in better with the game.

Quote:
it sounds pretty good I havn't played any computer games except sing star though. What format is this 'bully' on?

It's actually a PS2 game, but you may be able to find someone who dediced to make a PC version of it.
BCP88
I like the game. Only some lessons are difficult. In the english lesson you have to make a lot of english words with some letters. But i'm dutch and i can't find so mutch english words. Therefore i use the internet to find the english words.
Tatsumaru
Hm, this is one of the few PS2 games that's on my wishlist. It looks cool and pretty refreshing.
apexcaliber
I like the GTA games quite a bit. Not sure if I will ever get tired of that concept. Of course I am still happy with the same FPS games that seem to come out every year. As long as they keep the graphics slick I'm in.

The Scarface game look's promising and might have a few twists in it to keep people bored of the genre interested.
rightclickscott
BCP88 wrote:
I like the game. Only some lessons are difficult. In the english lesson you have to make a lot of english words with some letters. But i'm dutch and i can't find so mutch english words. Therefore i use the internet to find the english words.

There's an easy way to get through that. Press triangle, it'll pause the game and you can still see the letters.

apexcaliber wrote:
The Scarface game look's promising and might have a few twists in it to keep people bored of the genre interested.

That game came out a while ago, and it was only Meh.
Octaeder
rightclickscott wrote:

Quote:

Only in the UK as far as I know. I don't care, I still have the case that says Bully in gold. Besides, Bully is a much better name, it fits in better with the game.

Yeah it was only in UK the name was changed... maybe Europe as well but who the hell cares. To be honest the name fits perfectly for the game... And is used as the school motto in both regions in any case. The only annoying thing about it are the amount of people who can't pronounce 'Edit' properly.
Tuxy
Too bad the game isn't for PC... I would love to play it but i don't own a ps2
Motoracer380
this game is extremley fun i have played it at a friends house....thinking i may buy it myself.... it's a very interactive environment..you can hide in trash cans...lockers..anything else i havnt found..you can crack ockers combonations...flirt with girls..pick on guys..like give tem wedgies...it's real fun and even safe for kids to play no blood no weapons besides a slingshot and other things i hadnt found...no bad language...i think this game proves games can be fun without the violence and gore in them.
rightclickscott
I changed the name so people won't be confused.

I beat it not to long ago, and the story is rather quirky in it's little series of events. The ending isn't all that impressive, but it really fixes every little problem with the game. It's a real feel good ending. I won't tell you how it ends, but I will tell you this, if you wanna know how it ends, beat the game. :P
nicksp
Pretty fun game I must say. Love the humor and such.
Teddy1
Yes Bully is called Canis Canem Edit in the europe region. I'm not sure why but this game is a definite BUY in my books. It's humorous and has a good storyline. I would rate this on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best 1 being the worst i would say 10 Very Happy. This game is at the moment my favourite game. So what are you waiting for ? go get it!!!!!! Razz
orizak
Hmm, everyone seems to rate this game highly, but I think it looks horrible O_o

I mean, yeah, there's no violence or blood or anything, but there seems to be a lot more things kids would actually do (like pick on other kids).
rightclickscott
orizak wrote:
Hmm, everyone seems to rate this game highly, but I think it looks horrible O_o

I mean, yeah, there's no violence or blood or anything, but there seems to be a lot more things kids would actually do (like pick on other kids).

1: Graphics aren't everything. Sure, the graphics are choppy, but that doesn't stop it from being fun to play.

2: There's no blood, but there is certainly violence. Quite a bit of it actually. It every ****ing game was filled with gore, then they would all be cheap and lack any real flavor to them. As far as I see it, I think that people should stop overusing blood effects. Bully is one of the few games that I've played that keeps the same style a normal cheap bloody game would have, and bring it's own sense of style into it, that cheap effects could never match.

3: PLAY THE ****ING GAME BEFORE YOU START BAD MOUTHING IT!