FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Virus Help _ Unwanted system lock

DecayClan
A friend of mine has a virus on his computer, which i have faced in the past, but i can't find the solution now Sad.

All the administration rights are blocked. Ctrl+alt+del, doesn't do anything, it only says that it has been disabled from the administrator(The laptoop is his, and he is the only user of it).
he uses Norton Internet security 2006, which didn't help...

Any suggestions?
Alias
Does the system restore is working? Try it maybe it will solve your problem. Wink
mystzero
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"DisableTaskMgr"=-

Copy and paste the above code to notepad. And save it as enabletskmgr.reg.

Execute the .reg file you've save. When you are ask whether you would want to merge to the registry. Click Yes.

Well, i think other administrative rights are not solved yet. Thus, download Hijackthis and paste the log here so we could analyse what other registry entries that are preventing the administrative rights to be fully functional.
ehab
hey thats some real good help : ) its a popular virus or something .. sucks pretty much ..
Animal
DecayClan wrote:
All the administration rights are blocked. Ctrl+alt+del, doesn't do anything, it only says that it has been disabled from the administrator

If you do have problems accessing the task manager with the keystrokes (CTRL+ALT+DEL), try right-clicking on the task bar (next to the start menu) and select Task Manager.

A friend of mine recently had a similar problem where CTRL+ALT+DEL wasn't working, and he didn't know about that little trick Wink
DecayClan
Thanks a lot people, really helpfull.
mystzero's solutionworked... Razz

The file he got the virus from, was scanned with norton internet Security 2006 first, but was found clean... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
(FULLY UPDATED) I hate those guys....Can't they make it better and charge less?

Anyways, thanks for your help
Psycho_X52
I had the same problem and I've fixed it with ad-aware.

I used Norton and it was the only program scrambled by a malware.