FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

alsys.exe error after clean install

Jaan
I did a clean install (quick format ntfs) twice and it still gives me the same crash report.
"alsys.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." send or dont send.

apparently alsys.exe is a keylogger. But how can that be if I clean installed off an xp disc?

Thanks for the help.
Animal
It's unlikely to be causing the problem, but did you try a full format before you install?

The other question remains: Is it a genuine Microsoft copy of XP? Or was it procured from another source? If it's the latter option and they've been friendly and added a keylogger, there are absolutely no guarantees at all as to what else has been added or modified with the install. If this is the case, you're best off buying a copy of XP - they might even be on special offer since it's just before the launch of Vista Wink
Jaan
I will try a full format. I have a genuine key for XP (retail), but the cd is downloaded, because I found it saves heaps of time (latest updates are all included). As you said this is probably the case of a keylogger. I will try with the original cd.
cheers.
Animal
Jaan wrote:
As you said this is probably the case of a keylogger. I will try with the original cd.

That's certainly the best plan. Assuming you have a fast web connection, this update procedure won't add too much time to the process.
Jaan
Yes, but I still don't get why it kept showing up. I've used the same cd twice and haven't had any problems. And no worries with the keylogger cause I have a router + firewall. And it isn't running (hence the error message).
Jaan
GAHH.... I reinstalled using the windows xp cd that came with the ibm laptop.
and STILL i get the alsys.exe crash error report.
I did a FULL ntfs format.
What next?