FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Upgrading mobile graphics

ltwomba
Hi,
I was looking forward to upgrading my ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP (which I believe is integrated into the motherboard), because Vista won't run on that. Everything else is fine (1GB RAM, 3.2GHz processor, 80GB HDD). Is it possible to change this part, or do I need a new laptop?
Thanks!
LukeakaDanish
Integrated = impossible!

Are you sure you want vista? - it WONT make your pc any better :/
ltwomba
I just want it because I develop using DirectX and I'd like to upgrade to v10. And this graphics stinks because ATI's Linux drivers don't support it either, so I have to stick with Mesa driver (which is sloooow).
flameboy1974
Sorry but you can't upgrade integrated graphics. There are some web sites out there that will show you how or claim they did it, But I wouldn't trust it. Do something wrong and your whole laptop is out of commission.
aaahzombies
Dont do it, buy a new laptop. Or just stick with XP for now
mikethm
As a matter of fact, most non integrated laptop GPUs are not upgradable too. And yes, all integrated GPUs are not upgradable.
stephancreelle
yes , indeed , as there is said ,this isn't upgradeble . in most cases the only things there are upgradeble on a laptop are the hdd and in some cases the ram memory.
but before you are buying a new laptop , you should consider if this is really nessecairy , because mostly ,for the real work working , you dont need a laptop , and a normal pc does the (cheaper) trick. and then you can use your "old" laptop for the things you really need a laptop.
greetings