FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GD and XS Mod

KHO
I was installing a Mod for my phpbb forum, and it said I needed to have GD and XS Mod installed and running on my server, I tried google, but with a couple letters like that, I couldn't get any good results.
wumingsden
KHO wrote:
I was installing a Mod for my phpbb forum, and it said I needed to have GD and XS Mod installed and running on my server, I tried google, but with a couple letters like that, I couldn't get any good results.

GD is GD library, a little like ImageMagick - http://www.boutell.com/gd/ (this is installed at frihost as well as GD2, which is probably what there talking about)

the XS MOD is the eXtreme Styles Hack - http://phpbbhacks.com/download/1657 (the official site is at phpbbstyles.com). The XS hack must be installed before you do the changes (note that this hack is very easy to install, only one file [i think] has to be edited. the template.php file has to be replaced, and a few new files have to be uploaded). all this is explained in the downloads package,
KHO
Thank you, thats exactly what I needed!! ^_^

EDIT

>_< I sorta... started before I installed XS, and now that Ive finished I cant find the control panel to run the script I needed, also, the /templates/ca_aphrodite/ area is missing all its files, I think it maybe didnt install right? Cause the mod is asking for some files that arent in there, I found them in SubSilver, but even after I modded appropriately nothing, replaced them for my active skin and tried others aswel.
wumingsden
KHO wrote:
Thank you, thats exactly what I needed!! ^_^

EDIT

>_< I sorta... started before I installed XS, and now that Ive finished I cant find the control panel to run the script I needed, also, the /templates/ca_aphrodite/ area is missing all its files, I think it maybe didnt install right? Cause the mod is asking for some files that arent in there, I found them in SubSilver, but even after I modded appropriately nothing, replaced them for my active skin and tried others aswel.

Hmmm, okay's, not too sure what you mean....

Is the problem fixed?

If not make sure you have uploaded the appropiate files in all of the templates admin directories that you use. If you don't then you will recieve errors if your using the specific template that has files missing.

What MOD are you trying to install? A avatar generator hack?
KHO
Yes, its an avatar generator, there are no errors at all either >_>. Just there isnt any kind of control panel for it, no way to specify what images I can use, no way to even enable it O.o.

>_> (btw I am totally willing to take a cop out and pay you some Frih$ and give you my login info if you think you can get it runnin)
wumingsden
KHO wrote:
Yes, its an avatar generator, there are no errors at all either >_>. Just there isnt any kind of control panel for it, no way to specify what images I can use, no way to even enable it O.o.

>_> (btw I am totally willing to take a cop out and pay you some Frih$ and give you my login info if you think you can get it runnin)

Make sure all admin/*.php files are uploaded and template/*/*.tpl files too.

If you still can't see why nothing will show, send me the download link for the MOD and your server2 password