FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows login Support - Please Help

pashmina
I am currently running my PC on windows XP professional. I have created about 3 users. It is ovious that when I start my PC it will show from which user to login through. Now the thing I wanted to do is that, when I start my PC, I want it to dirctly login with the guest user with out having the login screen(without the login screen)?
Can this be possible?
And if I want to log to a particular user account, well I can switch my user by doing the Log-off and again log-in.
Can this happend?
askchris
Hi there,
This can actually be done with a small 'free' add-on from Microsoft called tweak ui. The download page is here.
All you have to do is install this application and it will appear as a new program on your start menu. Open the program and look for Logon, near the bottom, and expand the plus tab then click on autologon, the rest should be self explanatory.

All the best
pashmina
wow! nice
they are lots of Power toys around there.
it says
bgillingham
not 100% certain if this is still a windows security hazard, but you shouldn't automatically log in using the administrator account. I remember hearing this a long time ago on a program called "Screensavers" with Leo Laporte. I think that it is fine to have a created-user account belonging to the Administrator group.

I also use the TweakUI for logging in on my pc.... do you remember when a simple Windows 95 machine would be up and running in under 1 minute?? Today, the XP OS loads so much crap that it doesn't really need IMHO. In any case, I usually just leave my computer on to avoid the delays involved in cold reboots.