FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

BEGINNING MYSQL and PHP

butross
I am a total beginner when it comes to using mySQL and PHP. Basically I already have a website with a design that I like, and don't want to change that. But I want to add in a forum, with user accounts.

Does anyone know of any good websites that is good for beginners in learning mySQL and PHP. THnx.
manum
try out

www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp
Bejeweledhorses
just look up some tutorials on line
another thing that you may want to try is to go to your local librady and check out a refernce book on PHP and MYSQL

Yes, the tutorials online are great but there are just so MANY variations between PHP5, PHP4, PHPMY ADMIN, MYSQL, Pear and more!

Its enough to give you a BAD headache.........

When i first started out with PHP, i used ref books that go step by step...they are easier than some tutorials, but hey- you never know, sometimes the tuorials online ARE easier.........

if you want to add a forum with user accounts, that will have to be a bit tough. Do realize that if you create such a forum that it would have an expanding bandwidth and database size. What i mean is that with more posts from mofre users, the whole site would expand. If you have your own domain name with unlimited bandwidth size, then go for it!

-Otherwise, you would exceed the bandwidth, slow doen the server, and end up with a HUGE MESS!

*take my advice and good luick to you!!!!*