FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Parents 25th Anniversary Ideas Please!

blue77
My parents 25th anniversary is tomorrow. I am going to give them a card, but that's all I have planned. I want to do something cute for them since they said they could not celebrate this special day for financial reasons. Any quick little ideas? THANKS!
loryl
(I don't know what your budget is here.)

-Treat them to dinner, either via restaurant or by cooking something yourself. If you do the latter, don't forget to decorate the area where they'll be eating. Candles, roses, and stuff.
-Take them to a local attraction: a theme park, ice skating rink. Offer to be their chauffeur.

Just a note, silver is traditionally given for a couple's 25th anniversary, so you could give them a silver picture frame or paperweight.
Sadow
A thing that won't cost that much is too give them a poem where you write/express your appreciation for them raising you. You can write them you love them and that you are very glad they stayed together through good and bad (financial) times. Not often do children express their love and respect to their parents in these parts of the world, but I'm sure it will be one of the best presents they will ever get.
I did something like that when I married and left my parents home. They really loved it.
AmzLangers
the 25th wedding aniversery is the aniversery of china... I would say to go out to a traditional chinese restraunt and let them pig out on you. XP
or go out an buy a collective peice of crocory or china. even a cheap dinner set. Tere are sets in warehouses and cheap reject shops, or you can go to tupper where or ouse where for the relly neat dear stuff.
indeedwrestling
Anniversary Clocks are great because they are wound once a year and look very nice in a room. Otherwise, I'd suggest they throw a big bridal shower and register for all the things that'd like now that they know what they'll use in the kitchen and such!