FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Learning Brazilian Portuguese

dlougha
I recently visited Brazil and i was fascinated at the culture and beauy of that country. I am now thinking strongly of eventually moving to Brazil. Unfortunately I need to understand and speak portuguese.

Can anyone post some useful weblink tutorials for learning portuguese?

Likewise, is there anyone willing to teach some portuguese words and phrases?
mariohs
I'm very glad that you liked our country Dancing

We can try to teach you some words and phrases, but I don't think it'd be useful for you, as you won't know the correct pronunciation. But we can help you for sure whenever you need.

Do you know anything about Portuguese language? It's not that difficult to learn, but I think it's more difficult than English itself.
juninho_14
well, portuguese is one of the most difficult languages to learn of the world, we have so many verbs that i still need to learn lol...
but if u give it a try you can learn it ! I also have got a british friend wich came here and shes learning portugues ! but it takes a while to get the "thing" heheh...

where in Brazil were u?
just to know im from Rio de Janeiro Wink
c ya Cool
sergio_ykz
The portuguese is not very dificult if you only need to speak moderated in it, but if you need to know How to write a good text?, then it's a problem because portuguese have many rules that are diferent in Brazil and Portugal, and each year new are released.

But are many organization that provides for you intercambio to learn a period or more in Brazil, if you are a student.
D'Artagnan
Hello,

http://www.sk.com.br/sk.html

It's the page that i've consulted many times when i found something that i don't know...

Don't worry , i believe that you can learn portuguese better then i learned english xD, a class can make the things easier but it's possible to learn a language "alone", i'm not very ok with grammar, but even in portuguese i don't like grammar at all =).

the site have a nice community , i dont know if they have a English-to-portuguese site, but you can find help at the foruns, i've seem some people talking about a kind of knowledge interchaging trought internet...

Good Luck to you...
Boa Sorte para você...
gnomme
Incredible!! de first time I see someone interested in it...
phantombr
gnomme wrote:
Incredible!! de first time I see someone interested in it...

Deixa ele ficar sabendo o que é um advérbio de tempo numa oração predicativa sem objeto direto que ele vai pensar em aprender latim...

[SNIPPED] eu detesto gramática....
É muito saco aguentar 11 anos de português na escola Razz
Bockman
phantombr....

Incrível é tu com 11 anos de português na escola não teres aprendido onde e quando usar (ou no caso - NÃO usar) palavrões.... Fica o aviso.

dlougha, i'll try and find some online tutorials (audio if possible) for you. i'll post some more when i find it (probably next week)

Be Well Cool
orien
O melhor site para falantes de inglês que estudam português que conheço é o http://www.sonia-portuguese.com/. Você pode procurar por alguém para praticar a língua em Unilang.org e Polyglot-learn-language.com
dlougha
@Everyone,

Thanks for your kind and helpful replies to my Question. My apologies for not replying sooner.

mariohs wrote:

We can try to teach you some words and phrases, but I don't think it'd be useful for you, as you won't know the correct pronunciation. But we can help you for sure whenever you need.

Do you know anything about Portuguese language?.

Thanks Mariohs for your offer of help. I do have a Portuguese course that I got when I was in Brasil. It is a good course which I started studying in Brasil but unfortunately since I arrived home, I have not opened the course. Since I am back in Ireland, I have not been disciplined to study Brazilian Portuguese. I opened this discussion topic with the hope that I would discipline myself into studying Portuguese every day. There will be times when I shall have questions. This is where I hope there are some of you out there whom I can acquaint myself with and who will be kind enough to help me with my questions, pronunciation or translation of a word.

Juninho wrote:

where in Brazil were u?
just to know im from Rio de Janeiro

Actually I have been to Brasil 4 times. My first trip was to Rio (leblon). I also stayed at Fazenda about 50 km outside of Rio.

My second trip was to Goias…Goiania, and also Brasilia.

My third trip was to Recife + a hiking trip in Chapada Diamantina (Bahia),

My last trip which was during June-August, was also to Recife. But I also traveled to Ouro Preto and the surrounding small towns in Minas Gerais. I then went to Curitiba, and Foz de Igucu in Parana state.

The more I have gone to Brasil the more I fall in love with Brasil. I also see many business opportunities there which I hope to take advantage of. Long termVisas are very easy to apply for people who are willing to invest a small amount of money in a business providing that they guarantee employment opportunities to Brasilian citizens.

Sergio wrote:

But are many organization that provides for you intercambio to learn a period or more in Brazil,

I hope to find if there are any Portuguese courses available where ever I move to. I do not know if there are many Portuguese courses available in the bigger cities?

Bockman wrote:

dlougha, i'll try and find some online tutorials (audio if possible) for you. i'll post some more when i find it (probably next week)

Thanks for your help Bockman, I shall look forward to the links you provide. Every little helps Very Happy

Also, thanks everyone else whom I did not quote, but who were kind enough to contribute in your consideration to reply to my post. I look forward to your future suggestions and communication.
Very Happy
juninho_14
LOL ! Fazenda? its almost 20 Minutes from my house ! lol.. cool did u enjoy it?

Quote:

Deixa ele ficar sabendo o que é um advérbio de tempo numa oração predicativa sem objeto direto que ele vai pensar em aprender latim...

Its true !!! Men, its not easy to learn portuguese !!! be sure of that ! Its really not easy, but u can learn something studying of course.
mariohs
Quote:
Thanks Mariohs for your offer of help. I do have a Portuguese course that I got when I was in Brasil. It is a good course which I started studying in Brasil but unfortunately since I arrived home, I have not opened the course. Since I am back in Ireland, I have not been disciplined to study Brazilian Portuguese.

I saw you came here many times, I think the best way to learn is coming here as much as you can. Courses and other things are not as good as dealing with the language every single day and depending on it to "survive".

Quote:
There will be times when I shall have questions. This is where I hope there are some of you out there whom I can acquaint myself with and who will be kind enough to help me with my questions, pronunciation or translation of a word.

Just feel free to ask, and we will surely help you.

Quote:
a hiking trip in Chapada Diamantina (Bahia)

How did you like it? People say it's amazing... I'd like to know.

Quote:
I then went to Curitiba, and Foz de Igucu in Parana state.

Foz do Iguaçu is fantastic, isn't it?

And btw, you don't want to be a portuguese teacher, do you? So don't be afraid about all the "portuguese is very difficult to learn" expressions. It's easy to survive, but not easy to be a teacher Wink