FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Homegrown GFX (!!MODS PLEASE LOCK! OLD THREAD!!)

Dakafall
Finally here is my website! Like every other website it is still getting updated constantly but it is pretty much done.....

Please come and take a look!

http://www.homegrowngfx.frih.net/
Dakafall
Everything on this site is now up to date! Please come and check it out! I need members like [you]!
bgillingham
I am not sure if your link used to be good, and your account has been suspended, or what --- the link leads to a 403 Forbidden page.
Dakafall
Oh yeah sorry about that I havnt gotten around to editing my post, the site is currently udergoing some construction on the main page so it can look alot more neat....

Be back up soon!
Alie
It looks like simple flash corporative template. Is it yours or may be you modified freeware one?
Dakafall
Its going to be alot better, I just changed it because I have some problems with FTP at the moment and so once I get that changed I am going to make it alot better....
Alie
Quote:
I have some problems with FTP at the moment

I see you started to make some changes already Wink
bgillingham
I like to see a centered body div. On my monitor (1600x1200 resolution), everything was a bit to the left of center. But, it the site looks different today -- and it is centered. Very Happy

Is that picture of a "lime - in soda" some stock photo that you purchased? It looks like a pro-photo (and it makes me thirsty).

I saw that you have no downloads yet. If you are interested, I have a software downloads website. One of my features on the website is that users can create multiple lists that are made of subsets of all software on my site. The resultant page will display the software you selected as well as a link and banner for your site (optional). If you are interested, after you become a member on our site, you can go to http://betterwindowssoftware.com/mycustomlists.php to create and manage your lists. There is no limit to the number of lists that you can create... You specify the URL suffix - but the list would always be available at "http://betterwindowssoftware.com/lists/whatever url suffix you choose.html". I could see if you wouldn't want to use this software list - on my website, it is more geared toward classrooms, or small businesses that want their people to have a recommended software list.
Dakafall
Hey if you want I can have you like be an admin or something on my site and help me build it up... I mean you dont have to if you dont want to but it would be pretty cool if you could...
Dakafall
I got a brand new layout and everything is in working order! For the first person that signs up and posts in here will be on my admin team! The next 4 that sign up and post in here will be on my Mod team!

Please come and sign up!

Thanks!

=Dakafall
plato
cool work at all
Dakafall
MAn only two people on my site and that is including me :'( someone should sign up and bring more people.........

just remember about what i said in my last post......

Dakafall wrote:
I got a brand new layout and everything is in working order! For the first person that signs up and posts in here will be on my admin team! The next 4 that sign up and post in here will be on my Mod team!

Please come and sign up!

Thanks!

=Dakafall
plato
Im in guy.
Dakafall
Ok sweet ty! I will be changing your status here very soon.

UPDATE: Tutorials and Sigs added! Be sure to check them out!
{name here}
Three criticisms of your design:
1) You directly link your email. That's how you get spambots spamming your email. Use a contact form with an odd verification system(not just some URL CAPTCHA) or link to it using "someone at microsoft dot com" or something like that notation so you don't get the spam that you could get.
2) You lack a logo
3) You use a table based design, though it doesn't look like any of your content requires your site to be accessible to someone who is blind. It could save you a fair amount of bandwidth, though.
Dakafall
I will take off my email ASAP, I do have a contact us form and I dont know why I linked directly to my email, I will take that off.....

Thanks for you feedback, I will change layout too....
Vimor
Definately agree with everyone else..... you need a more unique layout. Also a nice logo..... since its a game rendering site you definately need some examples on the home page as well.

Sites need to be appealing to pull people in. People usually don't know the quality of your site but they usually base it off the appeal of your site and how professional it looks.

Also you should have waited until you actually had a layout and had that site nearly finished before advertising it. Some people will go to a site and not like it and never go back wether or not it gets modified.

Hope I helped you out in some way.
Dakafall
Oh ok,

Well....

I put up a logo, my only problem I guess is my template.... I just dont know how to make those yet, but I guess I will learn....

Thanks for the feedback!
Dakafall
I have a new logo and I put some signatures and tutorials in my forums! Please come check it out!
Dakafall
Ok guys I have got some info for you that might be of interest! My website is back and ready for some action! It is fully revised and has everything you could ever want! Once I get all the link readys it will be totally ready to use and to buy stuff from! Please take a look and get a feel for what is soon to come!!

www.homegrowngfx.tk

Check it out!!

Thanks!
legion
it looks good ... are you using Joomla?
Dakafall
Nope, I totally messed up with this one.. It is an HTML template that was dirived from PHPNuke design, I saved it as an HTML document and totally messed it up because I didnt save the PSD part so I either start all over again or make a new design....
legion
you should continue to improve this one Wink
Dakafall
I should keep this template?? If that is what your saying I will go with it, but if that is not what you are saying I wont go with it... This template is very difficult to do because I keep messin it up, if you could help me with that, that would be awsome! I will pay you what you want or I could give you 3 sigs Razz

Please help!

Thanks!