FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows Media Player and Dual View

jarred89
Hello,

I just brought a Computer and I am doing dual view but when I have windows media center opened on the secondary screen and when ever i want to go back on the primary screen with the mouse, the mouse wont go out of the secondary screen to go to the primary screen. Does anyone out there know how i can fix this problem?

Thanks,
Jarred
flameboy1974
Ok let me see if I have this correct. You are running dual monitors on one video card.
Video card setups let define how this is set up. You can have the monitors act as if they are on top of each other, side by side or mirror images.
When you do this try to remember which monitor is which. If your right monitor is really the left monitor in the setup then to get to the other monitor you need to move the mouse off the right side of the screen.
I suggest experimenting with different setting to see the results. Also be sure to look up your monitors in setup and know which one is #1 and #2
RisingSunn
I run two monitors myself and don't have that issue. Windows media player doesn't force itself to own the focus so I can't see how that happens.
I suppose a few things that would help to come to a better understanding would be:

1) what operating system? (98, ME, 2k, XP, Media Center, Vista)
2) What version of windows media player? (8,9,10,11)
3) Are your monitors set up to mirror each other or dual view?

And some other good info like that...
jarred89
RisingSunn wrote:
I run two monitors myself and don't have that issue. Windows media player doesn't force itself to own the focus so I can't see how that happens.
I suppose a few things that would help to come to a better understanding would be:

1) what operating system? (98, ME, 2k, XP, Media Center, Vista)
2) What version of windows media player? (8,9,10,11)
3) Are your monitors set up to mirror each other or dual view?

And some other good info like that...

Its Windows Media Centre, and windows media 10 and i am doing dual view. It seems to be locking media centre to just 1 screen and wont let the curser go to the other screen.
RisingSunn
Then in that case it is doing what it is supposed to do. Media Center Edition was designed to run on a TV or other single display system, when you run it in Media Mode (or whatever they call it) it will run only on a single screen. Perhaps if you try to run media player from just the desktop instead of media mode you would have better luck.
Teezgaff
What graphics card have you got?

I have an ATi. I also use catalyst control centre (download from ATI).

I use it to play movies from the pc onto the TV. There are 2 things I have to do to get this to work.
1) Clone pc to TV.
2)Then swap display mapping. (this makes the screen go black on my pc when in full screen mode and plays the movies on my TV in full screen)

to use both screens at once I select horizontal span and can have double desktops that can be navigated by moving mouse left or right on to either screen.
neosin
hey i got it working
i had the same stupid problem, i have dual screen 22 inches windows media center and vista ultimate
before the screen locks on 1 screen but to solve the problem so u can watch and do work on ur other screen all u have to do is press alt_tab and move the mouse over to the other monitor after that the mouse will stay on the other monitor Smile

hope it helps cos its working for me now Smile watching tv and doing work at same time wooooot ^^