FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

google search engine??

zyee
my link is banned by google i think. any 1 had this kind of problem before? well, so i transmitted the site to here, and i use .frihost subdomain. and resummit the link to google, any 1 know how long will it take to process the new address? i had waited 2 weeks, and still the link do not appear at the result page, i do appear at yahoo there?

any know why?
Bondings
zyee wrote:
my link is banned by google i think. any 1 had this kind of problem before? well, so i transmitted the site to here, and i use .frihost subdomain. and resummit the link to google, any 1 know how long will it take to process the new address? i had waited 2 weeks, and still the link do not appear at the result page, i do appear at yahoo there?

any know why?

Google and other SE use links to find websites. To be spidered, you will need to have some links on important pages. In a few weeks/months, we will have a directory at frihost, which will make all listed sites be spidered. Wink
Ariane
Banned?? That's weird. I haven't heard of banned site before @.@
smart19
it's possible?
google won't ban any website i think
Zaheer Khan
I think there is some time period.
Here's the length of time it currently takes to get listed at each of the major search engines once you have submitted your web page.

MSN Up to 2 months
Google Up to 4 weeks
AltaVista Up to 1 week
Fast Up to 2 weeks
Excite Up to 6 weeks
Northern Light Up to 4 weeks
AOL Up to 2 months
HotBot Up to 2 months
iWon Up to 2 months
htmlmaster
^ That's really inaccurate, it takes months if not, years to get into Google. Chances are your site was not banned, unless you did some scheme like search engine autosubmitters, linked to "bad" websites (FFA pages for example), or you just have really bad content. Most likely your site has still yet to be crawled. My advice is to get a ton of links back to your site, the best way: directories.
haoys
Bondings wrote:
zyee wrote:

any know why?

Google and other SE use links to find websites. To be spidered, you will need to have some links on important pages. In a few weeks/months, we will have a directory at frihost, which will make all listed sites be spidered. Wink

get some friend links ,it's easy , just try it!
blueknot
banned ?

first thing i ever heard that google ban link submission.

maybe you are saying, they ban your adsense.

oh, well, if not, go and request another subdomain
saiyeek
zyee wrote:

any know why?

That's very strange. Why don't you try resubmitting again..
Donutey
google says themselves they don't ban websites.
i think you can find it near the submit page.

remeber to have a robots.txt file or meta tag saying that you allow the GoogleBot to index your site. My site took about two weeks, but another one i had took two months. Rolling Eyes
krazeek
google does give you hits onto your website if you notice it or not. my statistics say 46 or so just this month alone i have gotten from google and that is good for a small website like mine.
littlegiant
htmlmaster wrote:
^ That's really inaccurate, it takes months if not, years to get into Google....

Huh? Not necessarily. I had a site that got listed 7 days after I submitted it to Google.

Quote:
remeber to have a robots.txt file or meta tag saying that you allow the GoogleBot to index your site.

I don't think this will make a difference. As long as you don't disallow the Googlebot, meta tags or a robots.txt file won't specifically help your site get listed. I've never once used a robots.txt file and all my sites got listed in Google. The real key, as others have said, is to get back links to your site. Also make sure you don't link out to any 'bad neighbourhoods'.

Also, I'm not sure where some are getting the idea that Google doesn't 'ban' sites as they clearly state in their Google Information for Webmasters section:

"Alternately, your page may have been manually removed from our index if it didn't conform with the quality standards necessary to assign accurate PageRank. We won't comment on the individual reasons a page was removed, and we don't offer an exhaustive list of practices that can cause removal. However, certain actions such as cloaking, writing text that can be seen by search engines but not by users, or setting up pages/links with the sole purpose of fooling search engines may result in permanent removal from our index."

Check see for yourself:

http://www.google.com/webmasters/2a.html

Wink
blueknot
has he reply ?

is he still banned ?

haha.

try create another site.
billybob
banned!!
not all submitted site to google apear on the search results!
drtooty
WHEN YOU DESIGN THE WEB YOU SHOULD PROVIDE SEARCH ENGINES WITH A NAME N DESCRIPTION SO THAT SEACRH ENGINE CAN ADD IT.

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT DU MEAN WITH(BAN)??
mefistofele
I believe google does, actually, penalize some sites for improper seo practices, but this can hardly be called banning. Many spammers will harvest link farms - basically pages and pages of links to their own site, since this is what boosts a certain page "popularity" in the google ranking scale (it is almost exclusively based on link popularity - you can see how some people have exploited this, like the bloggers who make "miserable failure" point to GW Bush's bio - in good taste, too I think!). However, if people do this for sites that have nothing to do with the keywords they are linking them to, google tries to counteract this by banning - or penalizing - the spammers. In a recent Google recruiting event at my school, the Gengineering people were talking a lot about how they are trying to improve the quality of results and omit spammers - including banning.
shabda
Quote:
Banned?? That's weird. I haven't heard of banned site before @.@

No matter what google says, any SEO guy can tell you that they do it. Mostly for improper SEO practises. How long goog willl take to spidered is not known. Usually a month, but if you get good inbound links it might be days.
zaxacongrejo
google sandboxing periods 6 months
Watson9
Hello Every One !!!
Which is genuinely inaccurate, it will require many weeks or even, a long time to get involved with Yahoo and Google. Chances are your internet site has not been prohibited, if you don't performed a few plan like search engine car submitters, associated with "bad" websites, or maybe you simply have genuinely undesirable content. remember to possess a robots.
text report or maybe meta marking expressing which you let the Google Bot to list your internet site. The internet site got concerning 14 days, although another I'd got 8 weeks.