FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Conan the Cimmerian

tuncay
I am pretty surprised that there is no topic about one of the greatest symbols of comic books of all time.

The original character was created by Robert E. Howard, who unfortunately committed suicide in 1936 just when he was 30 years old. He changed the direction of fictitious novel writing for quite a while and still is an inspiration for those who take off.

The character is in a completely different setting than our world, yet the names of side characters assert some nationalities at times, not known if on purpose or not.

Well, I guess anyone can discuss if they like Conan or not here.
tuncay
And yes, the movies based on Conan are simply horrible Smile
RoninRa
And steer away from the animated series... *shudder*

Anyway, Conan is a great comic with a huge world based on our own world in a fictious Hyborian Age.
I'm currently awaiting eagerly for Age of Conan, the Conan MMO to come out.. I really have faith in Funcom about that one.

I own tons of Conan comics and must say I love the stories written by Roy Thomas. They're really epic and involving.
andrewdesign
tuncay wrote:
I am pretty surprised that there is no topic about one of the greatest symbols of comic books of all time.

The original character was created by Robert E. Howard, who unfortunately committed suicide in 1936 just when he was 30 years old. He changed the direction of fictitious novel writing for quite a while and still is an inspiration for those who take off.

The character is in a completely different setting than our world, yet the names of side characters assert some nationalities at times, not known if on purpose or not.

Well, I guess anyone can discuss if they like Conan or not here.

It's ALL about the Punisher!!!

That's Awesome is back and getting ready for the new season! The first episode will air September 22nd so be sure to tell all your friends. A few of the upcoming segments from the new season are That's Awesome News, interviews with the cast of Arrested Development, and Chopsticks. Also, a new website design is under production and should be completed in the next few weeks.
RoninRa
andrewdesign wrote:

It's ALL about the Punisher!!!

That's Awesome is back and getting ready for the new season! The first episode will air September 22nd so be sure to tell all your friends. A few of the upcoming segments from the new season are That's Awesome News, interviews with the cast of Arrested Development, and Chopsticks. Also, a new website design is under production and should be completed in the next few weeks.

And this really has alot to do with Conan... Pfft!
Take your spam elsewhere please...