FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Boffel Production with new site design!

Boffel
Ok, Im sorry that I have so many double posts etc... in this thread, but because I cant make any new threads I post my update here:

I just learned about tables in html, so now Im trying to re-make the site with only html.

Actually I like the site design alot more now, please visit www.boffelproduction.frih.net and tell me what you like/dont like with it.

Also if you find any spell failures please tell me Razz

By the way, my site is about all my products like games, movies, 3d models and everything I make. For now I have only posted my 3d game, because its just the start of the new design.

So what do you think?[/i]
Boffel
---Please delete this post--- thx boffel
Dakafall
Nice Site! Very simple, not cluttered, I like it.... So your a game designer?? Thats awsome! Good luck with your site and keep adding those games! (if your still making them...)
Boffel
Sure Very Happy

I will also soon make a small java key talker, so youre computer will say the letters and digits when you click them. Just for fun Smile

But of course I also will continue with wilderness. And when im done with that, I will start other projects...

Thx for comment Smile
Dakafall
Sweet, I can tell you are very smart, can you create an HTML photo gallery?? Like an animated one...

I am hosting my own graphics forums and site and I need a gallery...

Thanks!
Boffel
what do you mean with animated gallery?

Do you mean a gallery with gif. animated design, as buttons etc...?

By the way... I dont want to make one in Html, but purhaps I can make one in Java.
b4r4t
sorry but... white letters on black background ... it's not good idea ... my eyes :/ ...
Next - two sections of body, html etc. So simple site and BAD CODDED ...
the6thfactor
Needs more. Simple is good, but this just doesn't cut it in my opinion. And yes, need to rid the site of the white on black. Use a gray of some sort so th viewer isn't blinded. And perhaps more of a lighter color to contrast all of the black? Keep workin at it, along with the game dev Smile
Boffel
Ok, I can change the font collor to gray.

And also later where the Welcome text is, I will replace the text with navigator buttons, and under the navigator I will have the other games, movies etc... I make.

Thanks for comments all Very Happy
Boffel
I have a newer Wilderness (My game) Version on my site now...

If you try my game, please add a comment here.

Thx - BoffelProduction
SamiTheBerber
I didn't test the game, but I will review the site.

You have two <html> elements. You start source with bgcolor. You write tags with caps. You should use better protection on site. It is very hard to guess the "password", but it is possible (don't worry, I didn't even try). Within picture, you should make link to a screenshot, not to download.
Boffel
Dont worry about the password, now its only a list with models etc... we need for the game. I will make it more secure later, but about the download link... I will of course make a own site for each game later, but im very bissy with the game now.

Thx for comment Very Happy
SamiTheBerber
Boffel wrote:
Dont worry about the password, now its only a list with models etc... we need for the game. I will make it more secure later, but about the download link... I will of course make a own site for each game later, but im very bissy with the game now.

About the game file, you should change the name of it. Remove the spaces and use _ instead of them.
Boffel
SamiTheBerber wrote:
Boffel wrote:

About the game file, you should change the name of it. Remove the spaces and use _ instead of them.

Do you mean: Wilderness_beta_V._6.zip

instead of: Wilderness%20beta%20V.%206.zip (%20 = space...)

Why? I would say that is just make the files uglyer. Rolling Eyes
SamiTheBerber
Boffel wrote:
SamiTheBerber wrote:
Boffel wrote:

Do you mean: Wilderness_beta_V._6.zip

instead of: Wilderness%20beta%20V.%206.zip (%20 = space...)

Why? I would say that is just make the files uglyer. Rolling Eyes

It makes it more simple. It makes it to look like one file too. Some downloader might get messy with spaces. But it is your decision.
Boffel
Ok, I have it as it is...

News:

One of my friends managed to hack my site, so he wrote that my site was banned on the front page.

I have get a new password and fixed the site again now.

I was a little sceard I had been banned now uh Confused Glad I wasnt Smile
LouLou
Very good
plato
too simple
Boffel
Ok, a much bether design has come now! Please say what you think...
b4r4t
Looks like it was made 10-15 years ago ... still bad ...

Bad code - old , verry old style - No CSS, lot of tables ... You have to learn MUCH...

For two images You have blue border ...

Style of this site (colors, images) is as bad as it can to be ...

Sorry for this hard words Smile

PS. Look on profesional sites , learn something and code Yours (fist learn about CSS, about tableless layouts and find out "Why tables for layout is stupid")

For profesional layout ... hmm
http://www.digart.pl/przegladaj/47/designs/strony_www.html

This is polish site, but You don;t have to read it ... "Nastepna strona" button (on bottom right) means "NEXT" Smile
Digital Thoth
Unfortunately, I have to agree with the negative commentary. The site is very simple, and learning basic CSS would help immensely.

That being said, the game itself looks like it's potentially fun, since I'm at work I didn't have a chance to look at it. I tried before and couldn't get it to work.

Also, back blue and white... really don't go together with the hues you're using. Try to soften the blue alittle, make it less bold and the white a little more subdued.

Hope that helps.
Boffel
Lol, I made the site on a mac, thats why the colors etc... looks so wierd.

Now I have fixed the site to how it actually should be on windows to, and added more stuff, like background color picker, some fading effects etc...

Can you please look at it again to say how it should be?

Anyway, I think tables works greate!

So visit www.boffelproduction.frih.net and make comments to it!
SamiTheBerber
Boffel wrote:
Lol, I made the site on a mac, thats why the colors etc... looks so wierd.

Now I have fixed the site to how it actually should be on windows to, and added more stuff, like background color picker, some fading effects etc...

Can you please look at it again to say how it should be?

Anyway, I think tables works greate!

So visit www.boffelproduction.frih.net and make comments to it!

Site looks much better than first time I saw it. The fading effect on navigation is pretty cool Wink However the marquee isn't. The layout changed between index and wilderness sites. Other is full width and other optimized width. Maybe because of that marquee? The voting doesn't look very nice. Modifing of that section will do "miracle" on site Wink I would also like to see bigger screenshots. Backgroundcolourpicker is well scripted, but is it useful and necessary? The site has iproved very much. Good work, keep going Wink
salman_500
well ... soory but i have to be negative with the design too ...

the design is way... tooo simple and old... u only have some 5 images with the rest, collored bg's of rows etc...

and the images you have, they are in no combination at all ... brown corners... grey and white logo, and rainbow colored buttons in nav bar...

It looks like when a site fails to load completely and you only get text and no actual template. ....

you can really make it liven up... there are loads of sites out there that provide free templates.... even i have one...lol its down but... will be up soon so you might want to get your hand on one of my templates...

well good luck... i hope your site gets more + comments ...

and about the wilderness game... it seems pretty nice... although the guy is very funny in the screen shot... the 3d looks sweet... i didnt play it... but the screens are interesting ....

hope you succeed with the mmorpg. ... Good Luck !

and remember... Frihost is the best place to ask for any kind of help ... im sure you will get help on every matter... just ask !
WallBase
Nice Nice!!!...