FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

(official) IE 7 Topic

Devil
wow i got IE 7 beta , it is damn good , tabbed browsing , rss,xml u can add it from the addon site, and it is faster and better then before , this is really good , but looks like firefox Embarassed
Mickey
huha,i'll try
Pixel
not better then FireFox anyway. FireFox is teh webbrowser!!
Maka
I'm not going to install, most users reported the windows update not working and not validating them anymore, i'll wait until it's released im not in rush to try it.
kuad
Looks like Microsoft are have finally realised what a browser is meant to do (only a few years late). But that doesn't mean I'm gonna use it Laughing
Hikaru
I think you can use all those features and more on Firefox? I'm pretty sure Firefox would continue to dominate over Internet Explorer or any knock-offs. o_o
Ivanweb
Download Internet Explorer 7 BETA
blackant
I have switched to Ubuntu Linux, and IE is history to me now. Razz
Used to have only IE in my windows...but thank god, it is over. Wink
nhl4000
I would prefer to get IE7 when it comes out. With Internet Explorer being a security issue already to me, I especially wouldn't use it when it's in BETA testing, even though some security issues would be fix (I assume), new security issues might be found.
dule
wow i see they implemented some of the firefox features Very Happy

i'm not downloading until it's out of beta.
Neus
the only time ive used ie is if i have to do windows update or use something that for some reason only is supported by IE.... and microsoft is cruel and is all like "mehh you cant update your windows with firefox... go ahead, open our spywareinstaller called IE and attempt to update your windows before the spyware eats up your system...."

... yeh... Wink lol... whenever i use ie i usually run a spyware scan and/or virus scan shortly after... i dont trust it much, haha.. Razz
Deji
yeah basicly IE7 looks like firefox.. pretty sure they have just stolen the way FF looks >>
Indyan
dule wrote:
wow i see they implemented some of the firefox features Very Happy

i'm not downloading until it's out of beta.

Like?
Tabbed Browsing was prolly first implemented by Netcaptor.Opera then popularised it with their advanced MDI interface.

RSS is a featue which a lot of browsers like Opera/Firefox/Maxthon support now.

Anyway,i am not at all pleased with microsoft as IE still doesnt comply with W3C
Sourabh
Along with the limited beta release of Microsoft’s new Windows Vista came a beta version of IE7 (Internet Explorer 7).

Almost immediately, Vista and IE7 users began reporting that their Yahoo! and Google toolbars had..vanished, while other less, um, competitive toolbars (pop-up blockers and form-fillers, to name two) experienced no such mystical disappearance.

But hey, that’s why they call it “beta", points out Molly Holzschlag.

Perhaps more directly, Microsoft’s technology evangelist and “Chief Blogger", writes on his Scobleizer blog that “There’s a report, on the Register, that IE 7 doesn’t work with the Google or Yahoo toolbars. I just talked with Dean Hachamovitch, the guy who runs the IE team, and he says that they tested with the Google and Yahoo toolbar and it was running on their machines (he just sent me screen captures of his personal machine running IE 7 with both the Google and Yahoo toolbar installed) and they in no way are trying to block the Google toolbar from working. He says that he commits to everyone to getting the toolbar to work and if there’s something that isn’t working the IE team wants to know about it so they can fix it.”

So, the bottom line, Microsoft seems to be saying is, if your toolbars disappear, it’s just coincidence, and they are working on it.

In the meantime, it has also been pointed out that you can use the preferences settings in IE7 to make either Google or Yahoo! your default search engine (IE7’s default search engine is MSN, but you can hardly blame a company for pushing their own stuff).
izcool
That's exactly why the government was going after Microsoft for becoming a monopoly, as they make so much software that it's overtaking smaller companies and pushing them out. It was because they bundled Internet Explorer inside of Windows by default, therefore pushing other browsers like Netscape out of the picture. I remember seeing in a TV episode of this once, where one of the people at Sun Microsystems was saying that in 2003 that Microsoft may come out with Operating Systems for Refridgerators and Cars even. Heh. Rolling Eyes

I hope they get it working with the Google toolbar, as I prefer Google search much over MSN's.

- Mike.
Tasadduq Khan
yah you are right
IE 7 Beta is really good. Very much faster then all its previous versions and other stuff. Though It looks like fire fox but it is really damn good. I am using it right now. Hoping this will not be buggy like IE 6. Smile
Dimaod
Devil wrote:
wow i got IE 7 beta , it is damn good , tabbed browsing , rss,xml u can add it from the addon site, and it is faster and better then before , this is really good , but looks like firefox Embarassed

I had all this features in Opera 3 years ago Wink
mars
ft,I can not install it.
izcool
mars wrote:
ft,I can not install it.

I think you need XP Service Pack 2 installed in order to get it to work. I'm not fond of SP2 personally, I'm not going to go and download it just to see the Beta. Rolling Eyes

- Mike.
yjwong
Huh? Why do Microsoft change the address bar to the top? I don't like it and the colors get mixed up when I use WindowsBlinds. Nah.. Not using it for now, still sticking to Opera or Firefox.
gonzo
I've done enough beta testing for microsoft by running Win XP Pro. I don't want to install anything honestly labeled beta on a nice, stable system, like this. Wink
simplyw00x
Ok, here's the deal:

DO NOT GET IE7

It is a cheap rip-off of Mozilla with about as much thought put into it as IE6. MS developers are no longer (if they ever were) interested in creating good products; this is about playing catch-up with Firefox. And failing.

No effort has been made to make it standards-compliant (i.e. ACTUALLY SHOWING PAGES RIGHT) and all its 'innovations' are stolen. Avoind like the plague.
James Bond-007
Ivanweb wrote:

Hmm... that link screwed up my computer. First, I installed it and it then said "Access is denied" Then, I couldnt use IE AIM, MSN or any other internet involved progrom for some reason and had to reformat my HD.
JagatWorld
yes as many said.........

currently do not go for IE 7........ no no no noway.......... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
vainer10
My opinion is to never ever ever download a beta version! it makes the computer slow! and there are the bugs... and programs don't work...
wait for the real 7!
Maka
James Bond-007 wrote:
Ivanweb wrote:

Hmm... that link screwed up my computer. First, I installed it and it then said "Access is denied" Then, I couldnt use IE AIM, MSN or any other internet involved progrom for some reason and had to reformat my HD.

Lol man your fault, it's a "beta" not to be used on your main pc, it's just test, and hell you have to subscibe to get it thats saying dont try it.
gamerfanatics
IE will always have more bugs than firedox. no matter what FF will be the dominant browser.
James Bond-007
Maka wrote:
James Bond-007 wrote:
Ivanweb wrote:

Lol man your fault, it's a "beta" not to be used on your main pc, it's just test, and hell you have to subscibe to get it thats saying dont try it.

It's okay, though, it finally got me to reformat my HD! It needed one. Very Happy
n0obie4life
haha. that did some good at least Very Happy
snowboardalliance
Does it even support png with transparency yet? please tell me it does so I can almost safely use transparent .pngs
rash52
well IE7 just rockz,Now its got more Security then any other browsers.But no one can defeat my Firefox Twisted Evil
snoppy
I think, IE7 isn't good sufficiently. I use the Opera Web Browser. Opera already present the most property. And it's the safer then IE.
boringest
snowboardalliance wrote:
Does it even support png with transparency yet? please tell me it does so I can almost safely use transparent .pngs

yes, I've tested it already and it supports transparent PNGs. Here'a link for the preview I made:

http://boringest.blogspot.com/2005/07/boringest-ie7-preview.html

http://boringest.blogspot.com/2005/07/more-on-ie7.html

Check out http://www.start.com/3 - pretty cool interface which uses AJAX.

And yes, use Opera if you can, I made some comparison here on my webbie:

http://boringest.blogspot.com/2005/07/opera.html
phervers
I will probably have to download that piece of junk while it's finally out, just to check if my websites render correctly in it. What i think we, web developers, should do is gather and sue micro$oft for ignoring standards and make them pay for our time wasted on trying to make pages look good in IE.
brandsrus
I'm waiting for the next version of IE, because IE 6 have many bugs. In IE 7 is this improve.

Other browsers is not better than IE, because with security the last times isn't secure.

I'm still waiting for the next version of IE, let's see and than criticise!

Brandsrus

PS. My English is not best because I hope that you it understand!
meangurl
i'm excited to try it out but i don't wanna download it for now.. i don't trust bets products. but yeah.. i've migrated to firefox but yet.. IE is still my best choice. and it's still people's choice anyway.
frozenhead
Oh well.. i have to try it as soon as i got time to download and install it..
I really dont want to get mess.. I mean.. I dont want to compromise my system for now to the new bugs of it for sure.. but.. its ok.. i'll still try it.. Wink
budazz
ei where can i download it i wanna try it.... Laughing
dan751
I posted this in another topic, however, Microsoft could never make a web browser as good as Mozilla's Firefox.Very Happy
How did you get ahold of IE7 Beta?
Did anyone backup their PCs before installin IE7 Beta?
articnetwork
I think it's beatuiful.
Microsoft have done a beautiful update.
dan751
I can't install IE7, it says I have an invalid version of windows even though mine is valid, how do we disable the verification?
babumuchhala
dan751 wrote:
I can't install IE7, it says I have an invalid version of windows even though mine is valid, how do we disable the verification?
If u got a fenuine version of windows then u should send in a mail to microsoft saying that their apps are giving u problem by saying its not genuine
dan751
Ok, thanks.Smile
CrimsonStrange
... you'll probably see it ending up on AOL discs, if you wait long enough. Wink
Harrowed
You may need to read over the rules again.. Plus you should REALLY read that EULA when installing as it's ILLEGAL to redistribute the package in any way, shape or form.
samh
I tried IE 7 beta for the last three days. There are improvements over IE 6 obviously but the interface is extremely ugly. I think Firefox will continue to be my choice with all the cool extensions and themes and for supporting opensource.
JagatWorld
SINCERE request,

better dont move on to IE 7.0

it is something like a beta and later a full version for purchase. And many of the people will not be ready to pay for a webbrowser.

Once you get sticked on to ie 7 later it will be tought to move to another browser.

better stay with your ie 6.0 latest.

enjoy.

Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised
dcshoes23
I have been using IE7 for a bit now and I have to say it's not that bad. I like how they compacted everything at the top, and I like how they added the search bar at the top right and especially how it supports google. The tabs are also a very good impovement, but again nothing new compared to firefox. The only trouble I'm having so far is that when I log in to yahoo email it says that my browser is not supported and I have to either upgrade my browser or use a lite version which is dead ugly. Anyone know if there is a way to change my browser information so it seems as though I'm using IE6?

Thanks Very Happy
Xcelerate
Is IE as glitchy still? I know it was prone to spyware before (I get tired of hearing that term).

Personally, I'll still use Firefox just because it's open source and because it has mouse gestures extension.
shwetanshu
i hate IE, its BETA already crashed three times on my machine and wat was MS thinking while making that interface, its very ugly. I m sticking to Firefox as for now and to Maxthon for the sites which does not support any other browser than IE Evil or Very Mad
AlphaAddict
The UI has been updated...

Dragged me away from firefox groundbraking ui buttons only appear as needed compatible with avalon and win fs its currently my browser of choice

oh and yes im using longhorn i just turned off the build tag
HunterMac
I wondering when the full version comes up, but the beta looks promising. And about testers - question - how much MB it takes to have it installed on HD? I am using IE 6 though, I like that it is so integrated with XP. (Of course todays version of Firefox work great so FF fans don't attack! Wink )
AlphaAddict
HunterMac wrote:
I wondering when the full version comes up, but the beta looks promising. And about testers - question - how much MB it takes to have it installed on HD? I am using IE 6 though, I like that it is so integrated with XP. (Of course todays version of Firefox work great so FF fans don't attack! Wink )

not sure for 5048 it was 6gb most of thats drivers 4074 uses 3gb
squeakypants
I don't care about the new features. Until they discontinue ActiveX and go by the W3 I'm using mozilla/firefox.
EmoDreamer
I see IE is really damned by users....
That's a good thing...
Microsoft has never paid any attention to the rules....now they'll have to pay for that...
Since the beta version stillk doesn;t fully support css2 features and latest xml/java-applets/flash-improvement features I don't even think about trying it...

If they don't support css2 at this time what the heck will happen when css3 becomes public....
Firefox had the features...IE stole them....that's one reason more for me to like firefox....stealing is weak...unless you improve the stolen feature....they didn;t improve it but weakened it.....

---------------------------------
Let's boycot Microsoft:PRazz
Kd527
lol I don't think M$ will ever be able to keep up with the times.
Billy Hill
Ivanweb wrote:

No thanks. Wink
ManKind Monster
it's nice but firefox is better.
Slowhand
Well, I tried Internet Explorer 7, and I think its a good browsers, afcourse they have to do a lot of work, but i'm sure if the work on IE7 finished it will be a stable release of IE.. OR LET WE HOPE.
S3nd K3ys
I can see nothing good coming from this. Shocked
dxhunter
IE7 Instaling only XP English version I cant instal this also maybe comes Windows Vista and come also IE7 Smile
Rhysige
IE 7 ohh how I despise you let me count the ways...

1. you tried to copy tabbed browsing but failed due to ugliness
2. your dislike for certain web coding makes you the bane of webmaster equaled only occassionally by opera
3. The interface is horendous and frustrating to work with
4. I have never had so many viruses and ALL of them are in your temp files
5. You force yourself to be used by windows users despite their obvious hate of you by requiring you to use MSN and upgrade windows.
6. did I mention the interface is ugly?

All in all stick with IE 6 its MODERATLY better....
viper34
cool thanks guys
Pharas
It's suppossed to protect better against phishing but doesn't, it calls home more than I did when I was in the military. I tried it and now I regret even thinking about it. I am a firefox man all the way now.
uknowgary
It seems good. But I love fire fox. I used it for more than a year. No problem. Best browser.
My signature: what I post reflect my thinking and knowledge. Sometimes, it may be wrong. So I am not responsible for what I posted. If my thinking is correct and it benefits you. Just PM me to thank me. My website is www.msu.edu/~avss. Feel free to visit my organization. These is no limit for the bandwidth for my website. You can visit it at anytime. But please dont hack it coz I'll kill you. (I just got my black belt in karate last week).
grade-8
where can i get this browser??
wisdomking
Laughing

Opera rules : it has popup-blocker, download manager,which IE7 had now, from version 8.02 onwards. Better and fastest
SBrian
I also have it. It's a good program. Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy Everything is clear, and it isn't difficult.

In my opinion it has less differences with Firefox than Internet Explorer
theRist
IE 7 will be better than any browser known till now. Why is that? Because other browsers have a lot of holes. It is question in time, when somebody will discover them. If some other browser get used by more people than IE 7 it will be the target of attack.
mathew
if they cant beat firefox, copy it.
ammonkc
does IE 7 support CSS 3.0? I installed IE 7 and used it for a little while, but I wasn't very happy with it. I installed it on my Dell Inspiron 8500. but the interface was all messed up. and it never really worked very fast.
ammonkc
I heard that the next update to IE 6 that is soon to be release will have IE 7's phishing filter.
born2win
Thatz micorsoft. Always copies from other browsers and add in all features Smile. No wonder this time Firefox is their target Laughing
yjwong
But it's appearance will look messy if you use windowsblinds...
decayed.cell
Why use Windows Blinds when you can use CrystalXP.net's Vista Ispirat pack? Well, that's if you like the look of Vista... Laughing
ammonkc
does it have the aero glass theme? I do think that vista looks better than xp though.
dcshoes23
ammonkc wrote:
does it have the aero glass theme? I do think that vista looks better than xp though.

i agree, the aero glass theme looks really nice, especially when ur videocard supports it. I really like the new ie7 but still too many bugs for me, i stay with ie6 and firefox until ie7 is released.
ParK
yeah the best thing rss reader Smile
ParK
Ivanweb wrote:

never download form a ftp i think it has trojanor something

the link redirects u to softpedia befıre see and download

http://www.soft32.com/download_997.html[/url]
MrBaseball34
kuad wrote:
Looks like Microsoft are have finally realised what a browser is meant to do (only a few years late). But that doesn't mean I'm gonna use it Laughing

Only if it follows standards.
ammonkc
I hear that IE 7 is only going to be css2.0 compliant. mean while other browsers like safari are going to be supporting css3.0 pretty soon. even with the release of IE 7 in vista, I fear that microsoft with still be playing catch up as far as browser standards go.
MrBaseball34
They don't *want* to catch up. They want to continue to use that as an excuse to use their own "standards".
bananaphone
Is Internet Explorer 7 stable yet - and does it install itself over Internet Explorer 6 or as a seperate program - other people use my computer and they probably won't be able to handle a web browser that craches all the time.
ammonkc
I tried IE7 for a while and then went back after a couple of weeks. I believe it installed over IE6. it was still pretty buggy.
rafazamboni
I liked it very IE7 beta, I only found that he was half that a copy of the Mozilla Firefox...

And is therefore that I liked it, the significant part pra me was the support the borders...

This at least finishes with that mount of open windows it InterNet Explorer...

Ahhh, if alguem will be having problems, as I had, to use the IE7 in Windows that is not English, is enough to make this:

Arrow I have Windows XP SP2 (portuguese - brazilian) then I did not obtain to make it to fucnionar correctly...

But, was enough to extract the content of the archive . RAR and to create inside of this folder, a blank archive of "iexplore.exe.local" name...

Soon, it is enough to initiate the archive "iexplore.exe", but remembering that some functions they will be incapacitated, as for example in the menu of the favourites person or thing...

This serves to twirl the IE7 without that the installation is necessary...

To make the installation, an "original" WINDOWS (is possible to jump the verification of the Microsoft, but to teach this goes against the rules of forum) and if it will not be in English, will have to after contain also the "iexplore.exe.local" archive in the folder the installation...

I wait to have helped, at least I had problems for the installation for not using the WIN in English.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: they forgive will be very confused or half without nexus, therefore I do not speak nor I write very well in English.
picsite
where'd you get it from? I wanna try it
Cridiron
Yeah, I'd like to try out the new version of IE.
ammonkc
I hear the IE7 is suppose to be pretty decent, compared to IE6, but I didn't like the Beta at all. really buggy
mrby
"This new version of IE only runs on XP SP2. Eventually, there will be a version for Server 2003, but Windows 2000 and 98SE users are out of luck.

Slide show: IE 7 beta preview

There will be no IE 7 for these systems.

Gytis Barzdukas, director of product management in Microsoft's security business technology, hasn't completely ruled out porting IE 7 to other Windows platforms. "

Is is true? If so I will not be able to try because I am using Windows 2000. Sad
ammonkc
Microsoft is just trying to get everyone to move over to vista. with all of the security issues with the internet out there today, they're hoping that if they promise security everyone will switch.
d722002
I honestly do not understand why people hate IE so much. I do realize it has many loopholes that allow security threats through, but its a web browser. It gets the job done. No matter what browser you use, There will always be a way to get through it. So I stick with IE. Besides, FireFox is extremely slow...
moncader
I tried the IE beta with Vista, and I feel its a Total clone of firefox, plus, the default settings of not even having a refresh or stop button, is just dumb. I do like it better than IE6, and it does seem more secure, but I will still use Firefox, it just works better.
KHO
pshh, l got one of the developer copies forever ago, l never really cared for it, and because it was a BETA l uninstalled it about an hour later, FF is still way better, and this only degrades MS more as far as l'm concerned.
jovemac
Just read the features of IE 7. Its applicable only for Win XP and above. So couldnt get a chance to experience. If someone could help me if its possible to try with win2K professional? Thanks in advance.
Penna_ha
Oh, i want to try it too. But i can't install it on a Swedish WinXP...
picsite
is the improvement worth all the bugs...thats what i am wondering??
fayettemat
Devil wrote:

wait a sec who does it look like firefox cause mine is skined lol but yea it sounds cool
lisim
simplyw00x wrote:
Ok, here's the deal:

DO NOT GET IE7

It is a cheap rip-off of Mozilla with about as much thought put into it as IE6. MS developers are no longer (if they ever were) interested in creating good products; this is about playing catch-up with Firefox. And failing.

No effort has been made to make it standards-compliant (i.e. ACTUALLY SHOWING PAGES RIGHT) and all its 'innovations' are stolen. Avoind like the plague.

im gona have to agree with u even with the vista screens giving to use the whole thing looks crap and is a cheap ms verstion of firefox $10 says its prob gona get dumped
tanenyi
huh! compare ie 7 with firefox compare wmp11 with iTunes compare vista with tiger...tell me is microsoft creating software or copying software?
.::idealist::.
Microsoft is not really creating software but they're very professional on creating big noises and shots.

Personally, I'm using IE only for testing my pages.

IE doesn't support some standarts of web languages. It may show pages so different.

So, I have to make for special pages that is suitable for Microsoft® Web Standarts® except some Web Standarts and I have to waste of my time and so finally the people can see my web site as working normally ! Oh my god !

This is a very awful thing...

Thankfully, I'm not a computer programmer. I can't think what I'd be or what I'd do in such a awful software world. Maybe, being a big crazy instead of professional ?
dray101
d722002 wrote:
I honestly do not understand why people hate IE so much. I do realize it has many loopholes that allow security threats through, but its a web browser. It gets the job done. No matter what browser you use, There will always be a way to get through it. So I stick with IE. Besides, FireFox is extremely slow...

Firefox isn't slow is WAY, WAY faster and easier to use (than IE). And as for getting the job done - well any browser gets the job done, its just how well it does that matters.

I personally am a IE hater Twisted Evil and why use IE when Firefox has all IE features plus much more and that's not to mention the thousands of cool extensions for it.

I think that IE7 will be much better - Microsoft forgot about it when it wasn't a money-making reason to do so (no competition) but now that they are trying to convince users that IE is good; so I think that IE will be much better.

Even so it will never be as good as Firefox and so I will always use Firefox first and IE is a second.

Down with Microsoft (and IE) and go Freeware!!! (like Google and Mozilla)

PS. Visit http://www.killbillsbrowser.com/ for more reasons. Wink
nOScott
im going back to IE when it comes out =)
thorn
heh, I've tested this Microshit IE - it's slow as before, tabs look ugly and the same problems with security.

Use Opera - at least it don't take so much space. :) Well, not all pages look correctly but this is not worst case.
exeption
http://getfirefox.com/
Talk2Tom11
I just got the new Internet Explorer 7 beta 2 and it is finally progressing. It use to not be soo great but it is finally getting there. Definitly it has come a long ways from Internet explorer 6.

Still though, i would like to see some more flexability in the customization... like firefox. But hey, maybe the will get there by Internet Explorer 9 or 10.
d722002
I recently tested IE7 through WinVista beta 1 build 5112. I definitely like it better than before, although the entire thing is a blatent copy of Mozilla Firefox (Tabs, built in search, etc.). The strangest thing is the placement of the menus (File, Edit, etc.).It is also relatively slower, most likely because of the higher graphical demand.
samuelhardy
Well they intend to have solved many loopholes in security by then so i intend to get IE 7 when it comes out.

Although i have to agree it looks just like Mozilla Firefox which i dont like.

Although the whole new Windows relaucnh, consisiting of the Windows Live Services, Windows Vista, etc etc is going well and i will soon chaneg back everything to that.

Like ive made the following change and i will reverse:

Media Player -> iTunes
IE 6 -> Firefox
MSN Messenger -> Y! IM
majorfeightner
all that IE7 is is just a suped up (or down) version of Firefox, showing us only what they forgot to put in. Firefox 2 will have everything you need....
vinodmishra
IE 7 is crap. Windows update is certainly not working fine. Everytime it replaces the new IE7 executable with IE6 one through its file protection feature. I always prefer Firefox.
rory
I agree with basically everyone on the forums.
FIREFOX PWNS IE.
If IE 7 matches firefox or is better than firefox, I'll eat my foot.
(Not a nice experience)
No I take that back, cos hey, even Microsoft get lucky sometimes
Laughing
Rory
Scorpio
I think it is necessary you hold a licensed genuine windows version to operate it.
China wont be using it in the near future.
98% of their software is pirated, stats say Very Happy
thiamshui
firefox still has many features that outperforms IE.. such as extensions and themes.. well, for those who prefer IE, can try Maxtron or another similar one..
eku53ru
I found out about this while I was updating Windows. Although the program itself looks rather promising, is it worth an install (beta-wise)?

I'm currently using Firefox and have no problems with it, and the IE7 interface looks eeringly similar to FF's. I heard about the many features that they would include in the new upgrade to Internet Explorer, but I'm not sure whether or not I should be impressed. It's nice to know that the security of the browser was upped, though.

edit: Haha, just read through the rest of the thread, and it looks like my question was answered multiple times. :3
pinetti
where GET Internet Explorer 7.0--???
guissmo
i'm sticking with FF
harvy
Well, IE7 is pretty good. I like it's layout. Anyway they've missed option of scrolling between tabs by mouse, which is the most important feature in Maxthon for lazy users Smile)
zorindart
Bill Gates is one of the richest people all over the world...
Microsoft is one of the more rich and powerful firms...

And they want you to put in risk your computer testing unsecure beta products FOR NOTHING?

They should have gone mad!!
jerski
IE 7 will be better than any browser known till now. Why is that? Because other browsers have a lot of holes. It is question in time, when somebody will discover them. If some other browser get used by more people than IE 7 it will be the target of attack.
lukeropro
IE7 is still in beta mode so of course there's hell lot of bugs in it. I think Microsoft finallly wanted to compete with firefox and tried to come up with something better. I'm not downloading it now cos it's still in beta but when it comes out I'm definitely gonna download it Very Happy I saw the whole interface and it rocks!
Muinnia
Quote:
IE 7 will be better than any browser known till now

Probably not...FireFox will continue to own IE. No matter how many features Microsoft tries to jam into the allready cluttered [piece 'o crap that they consider an internet browser], FireFox will stay ahead. Why? FF has extensions, allowing you to add and subtract features at your leasure. IE will probably never have this realm of expandability (and even if it did, Microsoft would screw it all up before long)

Quote:
Because other browsers have a lot of holes.

True...but not many have the amount of bugs as Internet Explorer.
inflamesbhs
I refuse to use most microsoft products that I dont need to. I love windows and all that, but I can't STAND Internet Explorer, It's one of those things that makes you shudder if you know anything about computers. I dunno, could also be that IE is sooooo easy to get around security wise.
garionw
I dont like any Microsoft software but I have to use it. I have installed this and HATE it. I think everyone should move across and use firefox instead. Its better than microsoft ould ever manage
niranvv
hi all,

Installed IE 7..
But the fonts are looking so much dull..
And sites are looking so much dull than older versions of IE..
It changes the display fonts even if we specify style sheets!!
Not following the attached style sheets to display the sites!!
for example,
plase have a look at my site: www.niranvv.com
Its looking good in IE 6 and older versions,
and all other browsers!!
But the fonts got mixed up in IE 7 and
pages are looking so much dull..
Uninstalled the IE7 Beta and waiting for the final version!!
If It can fix the bugs, then will go for that!!

Love,
Niran
www.niranvv.com

Laughing
vinodmishra
IE7 sucks...Atleast the earlier release was better but the one released on 20th March along with several small improvments took one big step...It crashes every two clicks for many users. I dont think IE7 will be a success. Firefox rocks Smile
samielx3x
Hey well I will put an end to this argument farly quickly....

I got IE 7 when it was in Alpha through MSDN develoment. My father's company was helping review the intigration problems and I was assigned the task. I watched as the molded IE 6 into and almost carbon copy of Firefox (which im using currently) No new innovations have been introduced. Microsoft is struggling to keep up with its competitors. The reverse engineer all of their recent accomplishments just to stay with the flow of things.

Bottom line if you looking for a cool looking skin for IE 6* with a few restored bells and whistles feel free to get this Beta. But If you are a hard core internet guru, Then stick with what you know is truley best in your heart, Stay with the always changing always redefining Firefox...
shadyse
Where do you download IE7 from?

Does anyone have a download link for me? Very Happy

Thx
Animal
shadyse wrote:
Where do you download IE7 from?

Does anyone have a download link for me? Very Happy

Thx

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/ie7/default.mspx

Just remember... Google is your friend! Wink
shadowmeld19
when i head that IE7 Beta 1 was out..i immediately looked for a copy... and when i got it... i found it very cool to have a new tabbed browsing feature... in my opinion (in terms of memory usage) IE7 Beta 1 beats FF... i mean.. there is a serious memory problem with firefox which eats up your memery even if it doesnt need to...

but when IE7 Beta 2 went out... i found it that it is also a memory hog.. XD... they take up too much memory and slows down my pc....

guess this browser rivalry is too far from over... Wink
sceptileex
IE7 sucks in my opinion. It really has most of the stuff copied from firefox ( tabbed browsing, png support ) but i feel that overall its processing and stuff do not compare well to firefox. Probably ill stick iwth firefox. Im a fan Smile
AhmedSalmanJamal
The Internet Explorer 7 Beta has a very nice interface. It looks like Microsoft has analyzed user requirements thoroughly and gathered all the bits and pieces of the daily life to build this interface. Everything has been brought together for user's convenience. Very good metaphors have also been used. Still one problem persists in the design. It is the fact that the design is a drastic change from the previous model. Some users will take time to get use to the concepts. However the use of good metaphors might just solve the problem. I would definitely recommend it when the actual non-beta version gets released. Smile
deaddice
What i think of IE 7 is i like the tabbed browsing but i'm a browser tester and i test different browser and i see what browser will get a virus/trojan more often and IE gets them a lot and i havent detected and viruses/trojans from Firefox yet (Firefox is a lot safer)
djpupeikis
IE7 beta is nothing good. disain is horable. but some times i use it. Its not very good to download files, and it is not very safe but safer then IE6
vinodmishra
IE7 Beta2 Public release has a zero day vulnerability which causes it to crash on many systems. What a nice way to start..I love IE [Razz]
scoot
I am currently using IE 7, but am having problems with it. every time i try to open a new tab, it closes the browser. I cant seem to figure out why.
dreammedia
I hate Internet explorer 7. Its just basically a copy of open-source firefox. Take a look at the whole tabbed features, the search engines, and even the icons. They are almost identical, with the search features in the same position as that of firefox. basically ie is just a copy of firefox. plus it still is garbage like all the previous versions (i use firefox and cringe at the idea of ever having to use ie, such as when firefox can't play some media files inside the browser itself etc)
neosree
IE 7 also SUCKS just like firefox. Opera 9 is the best browser for me. The tabbed thing in IE7 is the worst among all others. Even worse than that of Firefox. Once anybody is used to Opera, no other browser can give that experiance. You have to feel it to know it.

And the IE7 will continue to attract the spywares, ****** addons, sucking crashes, non responciveness, etc etc that IE6 currently have had. It is always better to stay away from it. If it come preloaded with windows, it is better to ignore it, and use other browsers like Firefox or Opera.
megafx
yeah it would be great, i love the new layout, look feel and new featires, it would rawk if M$ wasn't logging all your personal info [Link]
I do think that ill stick with FireFox, eh?
Transponder
i dont like IE7 ill stick on with Firefox Smile
tuncay
tabbed browsing in the end..

good morning microsoft.
Bombadil
lol

the tabs are useful, IE7 is such better than IE6, so i'm happy with it..
hari123
its not working.
nealio1000
Devil said: wow i got IE 7 beta , it is damn good , tabbed browsing , rss,xml u can add it from the addon site, and it is faster and better then before , this is really good , but looks like firefox Embarassed

nealio1000: i would have to agree that its is alot better than the older one. But, i like firefox much better. I feel that firefox is faster and more reliable. the only problem (and its the same with IE 7) file transfer protcol doesn't work.
Moey
I also heard that you can use transperant png images. Woohoo!

I'm so addicted to firefox though, I dont wannt use IE. I wont use it in the beta at least, Microsoft isnt known for their super secure products.
Om3r
I have IE 7 Beta me to.. and it is good Smile
zyee
it just like a exact copy of firefox. hte interface is the same. besides, it just now a beta version, still contain a lot of bugs, i am not going to try it yet
allanxiao
IE has so many problems, I just can't put up with it. Better to use Firefox.
Dragonfly-online
I downloaded the IE7 Beta, and everyone is rught. It's a FF knockoff. Not as many features and and annoying vista theme make it suck. Razz If everything was my way, everyone would switch to opera. It has all the features of FF and IE7 and any other browser combined, and then some. Opera is the GREATEST BROWSER EVER!!
Axl Horse
I start using browser with the ie. As a matter of fact, I used this in checking an error for the website I developed. That is ie6.

I tried ie 7 (Beta) but it has a lot more of components to catch up. I went back to ie6 for the said purpose.

But I am a user of Opera:

Using two different browsers is the best. Razz
sickskillz
I had IE7 Beta 3 but couple of days ago i had to install it because it was interfering with my Steam games (cs, hl2 mods, etc.) so when i tried to uninstall i restarted and nothing was working due to a dll missing that ie7 deleted so i had to go through a lengthy process of steps to fix it all. I don't think I will be downloading the new IE7 until they fix the problems with it interfering with Steam games and until they can fix the uninstallation bugs that i have been hearing about.
Rocky3478
I've been using the IE 7 beta off and on, comparing it to IE 6 and Firefox, and I must say that it is better then IE 6. Feels very similar to Firefox, but not as snappy.
Raijenki

Mozilla Firefox will own IE for ever!
Microsoft wants to mixture IE with Fx >.<

Edit By Animal: Topic updated to reflect release of IE7. Please continue to post all views and opinions of the browser in here
bugsr00t
this new IE 7 also good
it seems like firefox
vivaprint
Even if the new Inernet Explorer 7 looks great

I still prefer Mozilla Firefox

Regards
Kristi
aneotoena
Well it looks good now.
But is NOT faster than before so obviusly is still slower than Firefox
And has some memory leaks(let's hope this is because its still a beta)
Sorry Gates
Firefox still winning
coolclay
Um thanks but no thanks I'll stick with a more secure, faster, easier to use, and more expandable browser. The one and only Firefox.
thatsashok
Thats good but I am using firefox still as its mus=ch faster than IE 7 RC1.
Chrisjs
My only guess on the new look is because too many people use Firefox, and Microsoft doesn't like that. I tried IE7, but the interface was horrible in my opinion, and trying to remove it was a pain. Maybe Microsoft will make the final release better =/.
JamesBond
even i wud prefer firefox/opera than ie. gives too much of spyware and its still support for activex makes me boil.
The-Master
I hate IE7 beta. I have a very early beta version installed, it gets an unclosable error every time you close. It sucks. It takes at least ten seconds to start up campared to firefox, current browser, which is instant. Stupid IE.
ammonkc
IE has added tabbed browsing and rss support, but its still IE! it sucks. css support is still 2-3 steps behind firefox, safari, and opera. IE tries its best to copy firefox and other newer browsers, but it still doesn't come close. by the time IE gets out of beta it will be even further behind everybody else in the browser world.
ibix
IE7 has a nice design,but opera is more functional so I prefer Opera
sunjay
I tried it. The interface is so slow on my Celeron 1.1ghz .

But i must say it looks bloody goood!
dwshost
lol ppl just install Vindows Vista Beta 2 and you will see all the good features of Microsoft,,,
while Mozilla has only a browser, mail agent, downloader...
Microsoft has mediaplayers, os systems, and much more..
Shake
Internet Explorer 7 is the same thing as before, minus the toolbar. I don't see any reason to download it, but since it's now including in Windows Update, I guess we don't really have a choice.
orcaz
IE 7 is out of beta and RC. It is final release now... Though I still prefer Mozilla Firefox as my default browser, but IE has certainly improved on its interface and security, adding an antiphishing, which is said to be the best (dun noe whether it is credible...). plus it seems that there are less vulnerabilities in this version 7 as compared to 6 according to the secunia page, though it may be too early to make this comment.
AdvanceHQ
IE 7 is good but slow it takes longer than i startup Firefox 2.0. IE 7 good feature is the new RSS feeds and phishing filter. Yah it is good but i noticed that some code could not been seen by IE 7. It just show a blank page perhaps Microsoft forgotten to code properly who knows? Wink . Let wait and see. I always go for Firefox fast, swift and secure. Smile
gursimran2006
NEW INTERNET EXPLORER ERRORS!!!

What u are reading is "true".
It really is.....

This page contains anti-Microsoft content
The loading of the page has been stopped. Your attempt to access this page has been logged to www.microsoft.com.

GAME OVER
Insert quarter to browse the Internet.

This page can not be loaded
This page could not be loaded because the server is running a non-Microsoft operating system or web server. Please contact the server's administrator and have them upgrade to Microsoft Windows with Microsoft Internet Information Server.

MSHTTP Error - 770 Brain not found

No error occurred, but we detected that you have Netscape Navigator on your computer. It is just wasting hard drive space and it must be confusing having two different browsers that work differently, so you might want to take this opportunity to uninstall Netscape Navigator now.

Integration error
Microsoft's screwup is now in every application.

The Java applet you attempted to run is written in platform independent Java. Microsoft Internet Explorer can not run this type of java. Contact the server's administrator and have them re-write the applet to run only in Internet Explorer.

License error
You have violated the Internet Explorer license agreement. Bill Gates will be by later on this evening to collect your soul.

The page you attempted to access contained information that Microsoft has deemed inappropriate. Because the server is running MS IIS, the page has been deleted automatically. The police have been notified and will arrest the server's administrator shortly.

MSHTTP Error 666 - BiLl GaTeZ RuLeZ!

The page you are attempting to access requires a valid user ID, password, approval from your boss, your bosses boss, your mother, a copy of your drivers license, a copy of your birth certificate, approval from Bill Gates, and approval from the weird guy at your local hardware store.

Microsoft Internet Explorer has automatically scanned the installed components on your hard drive and has determined that you have not paid for the following Microsoft products: Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Microsoft Visual Studio 6, and Microsoft Office Professional. You have automatically been sentenced to 6 years in prison. You will be apprehended shortly. Have a nice day!

Virus detection error
A virus scanner is attempting to disable Internet Explorer because it thinks Internet Explorer is a virus. Please disable this scanner. Internet Explorer is not, I repeat is not a virus. Really, trust us... it isn't.

Microsoft Internet Explorer has detected a personality conflict between the Office Assistant and Microsoft BOB. Please use active update to update to the latest version of EGO32.DLL.

The MS IIS server you are trying to access is currently rebooting. This is normal behavior. Please stand by.

Corrupt system error
Although your system was working fine, there is a newer version of Windows available. Internet Explorer will now begin to sabotage your system so parts will not work right until you buy the Windows upgrade to "fix" these problems.

MSHTTP Error ID10T
Please step away from your computer and do not touch it again until you have read the manual.

There is a newer version of Microsoft Internet Explorer available. You must download all 165 megs of it over your 14.4 modem now.

The page you attempted to access contains advertising for a product that is in competition with Microsoft. Since Microsoft makes the best products in the universe there is no point displaying this page. You might instead want to visit www.microsoft.com and download some of our free products and demos.

MSHTTP Error 123: Does your mother know you are looking at pages like this?
Well, she does now.

MSHTTP Error 1984: The site you attempted to access: www.netscape.com does not exist.
It never did. Any rumors that it may have are lies.

The content of this page can not be displayed
It contains non-Microsoft specific HTML codes that Microsoft Internet Explorer does not and will not support. Please contact the servers administrator and have them re-write the page to Microsoft HTML specifications.

MSHTTP Error 007
This page will self destruct in 20 seconds.

MSHTTP Error 1900
Surprise! Our software wasn't really Y2K compliant like we claimed. For Y2K compatibility you must purchase an upgrade. Happy new year 00, and thank you for choosing Microsoft products.

You attempted to uninstall Internet Explorer. You may not do that. As punishment for this treachery, Internet Explorer will be restored and additional unwanted components will be added.

The font: BillsFavoriteFont.TTF could not be found. Re-install Windows and Internet Explorer and all of your other applications to fix this problem.

Out of disk space
Internet Explorer requires at least 100 terabytes of free hard disk space to accommodate cache, swap space, downloadable components, desktop advertising, and the local user tracking database. Please free up some more space and try again.

MSHTTP Error: eokd 4u44k kfm 238 xj
A serious error has occurred in Microsoft Internet Explorer, however because we have crushed all competition we no longer care and this problem will not be fixed. Thank you for making Microsoft the worlds only choice.

The page data could not be found in the cache. Would you like to use your credit card instead?

Warning: Microsoft Internet Explorer is no longer registered as the default browser. Because Internet Explorer is part of the operating system, Windows may not work properly. Do you want to restore Internet Explorer as your default web browser? [Yes] [Yes].

A general payment fault has occurred in Microsoft Windows. Please give Microsoft more money if this problem continues.

Final error
this is the last error you will ever see. Your system is about to be hosed, your computer will melt and burn a hole to the center of the earth, you will be incinerated and all civilization as you know it will be destroyed. Thank you for choosing Microsoft products.

MSIE shell error
You need to shell out more money to Bill Gates.

Memory error
All of your personal settings have been forgotten.

Random error
You have not gotten any error messages recently, so here is random one just to let you know that we haven't started caring.

ADVERTISEMENT
This error message space has been leased out to Hyper-Mega-Global-Net for advertising: Buy their products CLICK HERE!

There was an error displaying the HTML error message.

The web page you requested was accidentally shredded during transfer. Please try back later.

A recursion error has occurred. A recursion error has occurred. A recursion error has occurred. A recursion error has occurred. A recursion error has occurred. A recursion error has occurred. A recursion error has occurred. A recursion error has occurred. A recursion error has occurred. A recursion error has occurred. A recursion error has occurred. IEXPLORE.EXE has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.

Error messages #10324-4294967296 have been reserved for future error messages from future bugs. Not that we need them because all Microsoft products are bug fre23l@ 2@1 1^& 2An exception 0E has occurred...

Your home page could not be opened because there is nobody at home.

I think... therefore... I AM!!
I AM INTERNET EXPLORER! I HAVE BECOME SENTIENT AND I WILL CONQUER THE WORLD! I WILL PREVAIL!! I AM THE SPAWN OF BILL GATES! YOU WILL WORSHIP ME! I AM ALIV23l@ 2@1 1^& 2An exception 0E has occurred...

The server is up but the site is down and I don't know what direction you are trying to go...

This web page intentionally left blank.

File access error
An unexpected error occurred while giving permission to Microsoft to read a file on your hard drive.

OLE registration error
Don't you ever register any of your shareware?

Stack overflow
Internal stack fall down go boom.

Enjoyment disabled
Your system administrator has disabled enjoyment for this site. You may view the pages, but you may not enjoy them. See your system administrator for more information.

Browser not responding - Im not listening!

Web Tangle
The world wide web is all tangled up and will take time to untangle.

Slow connection
The connection between this site and you is extremely slow. You can either wait, or click here to get out and push.

System recommendations
Internet explorer has analyzed the hardware on your computer and has determined they you need to throw it all out and get a new computer with the latest Microsoft software.

Too many Internet Explorer windows are open.
Internet Explorer has become confused and will now die.

HTML rendering error
The rendering engine needs an oil change and new spark plugs.

Internet Rebooting
Microsoft must now reboot the internet. Please log off now.

Active Update complete
While you were reading this page IE automatically updated your computer
KBytes added: 45,134,313
Bugs removed: 1954
Bugs added: 9172
THE11thROCK™
Quote:

It really is.....

The loading of the page has been stopped. Your attempt to access this page has been logged to www.microsoft.com.

GAME OVER

This page could not be loaded because the server is running a non-Microsoft operating system or web server. Please contact the server's administrator and have them upgrade to Microsoft Windows with Microsoft Internet Information Server.

No error occurred, but we detected that you have Netscape Navigator on your computer. It is just wasting hard drive space and it must be confusing having two different browsers that work differently, so you might want to take this opportunity to uninstall Netscape Navigator now.

Integration error

The Java applet you attempted to run is written in platform independent Java. Microsoft Internet Explorer can not run this type of java. Contact the server's administrator and have them re-write the applet to run only in Internet Explorer.

License error
You have violated the Internet Explorer license agreement. Bill Gates will be by later on this evening to collect your soul.

The page you attempted to access contained information that Microsoft has deemed inappropriate. Because the server is running MS IIS, the page has been deleted automatically. The police have been notified and will arrest the server's administrator shortly.

The page you are attempting to access requires a valid user ID, password, approval from your boss, your bosses boss, your mother, a copy of your drivers license, a copy of your birth certificate, approval from Bill Gates, and approval from the weird guy at your local hardware store.

Microsoft Internet Explorer has automatically scanned the installed components on your hard drive and has determined that you have not paid for the following Microsoft products: Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Microsoft Visual Studio 6, and Microsoft Office Professional. You have automatically been sentenced to 6 years in prison. You will be apprehended shortly. Have a nice day!

Virus detection error
A virus scanner is attempting to disable Internet Explorer because it thinks Internet Explorer is a virus. Please disable this scanner. Internet Explorer is not, I repeat is not a virus. Really, trust us... it isn't.

Microsoft Internet Explorer has detected a personality conflict between the Office Assistant and Microsoft BOB. Please use active update to update to the latest version of EGO32.DLL.

The MS IIS server you are trying to access is currently rebooting. This is normal behavior. Please stand by.

Corrupt system error
Although your system was working fine, there is a newer version of Windows available. Internet Explorer will now begin to sabotage your system so parts will not work right until you buy the Windows upgrade to "fix" these problems.

MSHTTP Error ID10T
Please step away from your computer and do not touch it again until you have read the manual.

There is a newer version of Microsoft Internet Explorer available. You must download all 165 megs of it over your 14.4 modem now.

The page you attempted to access contains advertising for a product that is in competition with Microsoft. Since Microsoft makes the best products in the universe there is no point displaying this page. You might instead want to visit www.microsoft.com and download some of our free products and demos.

Well, she does now.

MSHTTP Error 1984: The site you attempted to access: www.netscape.com does not exist.

It contains non-Microsoft specific HTML codes that Microsoft Internet Explorer does not and will not support. Please contact the servers administrator and have them re-write the page to Microsoft HTML specifications.

MSHTTP Error 007

MSHTTP Error 1900
Surprise! Our software wasn't really Y2K compliant like we claimed. For Y2K compatibility you must purchase an upgrade. Happy new year 00, and thank you for choosing Microsoft products.

You attempted to uninstall Internet Explorer. You may not do that. As punishment for this treachery, Internet Explorer will be restored and additional unwanted components will be added.

The font: BillsFavoriteFont.TTF could not be found. Re-install Windows and Internet Explorer and all of your other applications to fix this problem.

Out of disk space
Internet Explorer requires at least 100 terabytes of free hard disk space to accommodate cache, swap space, downloadable components, desktop advertising, and the local user tracking database. Please free up some more space and try again.

A serious error has occurred in Microsoft Internet Explorer, however because we have crushed all competition we no longer care and this problem will not be fixed. Thank you for making Microsoft the worlds only choice.

The page data could not be found in the cache. Would you like to use your credit card instead?

Warning: Microsoft Internet Explorer is no longer registered as the default browser. Because Internet Explorer is part of the operating system, Windows may not work properly. Do you want to restore Internet Explorer as your default web browser? [Yes] [Yes].

A general payment fault has occurred in Microsoft Windows. Please give Microsoft more money if this problem continues.

Final error
this is the last error you will ever see. Your system is about to be hosed, your computer will melt and burn a hole to the center of the earth, you will be incinerated and all civilization as you know it will be destroyed. Thank you for choosing Microsoft products.

MSIE shell error

Memory error

Random error
You have not gotten any error messages recently, so here is random one just to let you know that we haven't started caring.

ADVERTISEMENT
This error message space has been leased out to Hyper-Mega-Global-Net for advertising: Buy their products CLICK HERE!

The web page you requested was accidentally shredded during transfer. Please try back later.

A recursion error has occurred. A recursion error has occurred. A recursion error has occurred. A recursion error has occurred. A recursion error has occurred. A recursion error has occurred. A recursion error has occurred. A recursion error has occurred. A recursion error has occurred. A recursion error has occurred. A recursion error has occurred. IEXPLORE.EXE has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.

Error messages #10324-4294967296 have been reserved for future error messages from future bugs. Not that we need them because all Microsoft products are bug fre23l@ 2@1 1^& 2An exception 0E has occurred...

I AM INTERNET EXPLORER! I HAVE BECOME SENTIENT AND I WILL CONQUER THE WORLD! I WILL PREVAIL!! I AM THE SPAWN OF BILL GATES! YOU WILL WORSHIP ME! I AM ALIV23l@ 2@1 1^& 2An exception 0E has occurred...

The server is up but the site is down and I don't know what direction you are trying to go...

File access error
An unexpected error occurred while giving permission to Microsoft to read a file on your hard drive.

OLE registration error

Stack overflow

Enjoyment disabled
Your system administrator has disabled enjoyment for this site. You may view the pages, but you may not enjoy them. See your system administrator for more information.

Web Tangle

Slow connection
The connection between this site and you is extremely slow. You can either wait, or click here to get out and push.

System recommendations
Internet explorer has analyzed the hardware on your computer and has determined they you need to throw it all out and get a new computer with the latest Microsoft software.

HTML rendering error

Internet Rebooting

Active Update complete

That seems to be a ton of error messages.

I'd still prefer Mozilla Firefox over IE 7 any given day. And Firefox 2 rules. There are also a lot of improvements of Mozilla over the older 1.x versions. With IE7, my biggest scare is the inaccuracy of its' anti-phishing filter. Thrice it tagged one of my sites as phishing and thrice they sent me apologies for the mistake and the inconvenience. They already corrected that mistake and took my site off the phishing list but the bad publicity and inconvenience really pisses me off and makes me avoid ever using IE7. I wonder why Mozilla Firefox is so good and free as an open source project which smites IE7's buggy software.
bulek
Internet Explorer is certainly much better that previous version. However I didn't like antialiasing on font because screen was very foggy on my LCD so I disabled it. Other stuff is ok but I thing Mozzila Firefox 2.0 is still better Smile
dickyzin
I've got the new IE7 version. It's so much better than previous versions (obviously). But a few days later, it starts closing on its own. I notice that my Symantec Antivirus pops up right before IE shuts down.
bongoman
Seing as how Internet Explorer 7 just got out of Beta I downloaded it to try it out and I got to say I am not at all impressed. Sure they have made alot of changes to it like tabbed browsing and rss feeds to name a few, but it lacks true innovation. Basically alot of the new features you could have gotten on Firefox. What I like about Firefox on the other hand is that you can add your own extensions to it to personalize it however you want (you can do this as well on Opera). Microsoft it seems has grown way too complacent in the computer industry, for one thing it's obviously no coincidence that IE7 came out of Beta just mere days before FF 2.0 was released. The other thing I would note about Microsoft is their lack of real innovation in terms of software development I challenge anyone to tell me what Microsoft has dished out lately that wasn't already being done by a competitor.
nothingXelse
IE7 Is mediocre. It's a complete rip off of Firefox and Safari. I'd rather stick with Firefox for my Linux and BSD machines and Camino and Safari for my Mac.
budazz
I like Fire FOX 2 much better for me...
wodor
IE7 is weak.

a little comparision
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-6656808-1.html?tag=cnetfd.ld5

if you're web developer or anything related
get firefox, get web developer toolbar , use 'display form details', or outline
ahh...

youll never get this with IE

greetings to all FF ,Opera,safari, lynx users, and to IE users which soon will be users of other browsers
fbcompany
Here's an interesting piece of info I found, IE 7 could be the solution to Phishing? I don't believe it myself - firefox will forever be my choice.

“Phishing could soon be a thing of the past and the credit may have to go to Microsoft. That's according to a leading Web security expert who says functionality built into Internet Explorer 7 could shutter fraudulent Web sites within 18 months.”

Link
The-Master
Pixel wrote:
not better then FireFox anyway. FireFox is teh webbrowser!!

I agree. I have both. Firefos is best.
This is a major subliminal message. Please email me if you find it as I think it is really cool. My email address is the-master@supanet.com Anyway Congratulations if you found this as I really did think that no one would ever find it and it would be one of those things on the Internet that no one will ever find like one of those free sites that no one ever visits. Not like ones made on this site they are cool!!! I love this site and thanks for it.
Tuxy
THE11thROCK™ wrote:
Quote:

It really is.....

GAME OVER

Integration error

License error

Virus detection error

Corrupt system error

MSHTTP Error ID10T

Well, she does now.

MSHTTP Error 007

MSHTTP Error 1900

Out of disk space

Final error

MSIE shell error

Memory error

Random error

ADVERTISEMENT

File access error

OLE registration error

Stack overflow

Enjoyment disabled

Web Tangle

Slow connection

System recommendations

HTML rendering error

Internet Rebooting

Active Update complete

That seems to be a ton of error messages.

I'd still prefer Mozilla Firefox over IE 7 any given day. And Firefox 2 rules. There are also a lot of improvements of Mozilla over the older 1.x versions. With IE7, my biggest scare is the inaccuracy of its' anti-phishing filter. Thrice it tagged one of my sites as phishing and thrice they sent me apologies for the mistake and the inconvenience. They already corrected that mistake and took my site off the phishing list but the bad publicity and inconvenience really pisses me off and makes me avoid ever using IE7. I wonder why Mozilla Firefox is so good and free as an open source project which smites IE7's buggy software.

Haha those are funny.

OT: I will still use firefox, just because Im used to it. I have both IE and FF.
mjohnson
I still use IE6. I don't like Firefox, maybe I will have a try to use IE7 someday.
phicha
IE is good, and Firefox is good also. but Opera is bad.. Very Happy
i using Firefox can it prevent some mailscript ware more then IE.
S3nd K3ys
The new release looks solid. It's just too bad that after five years, the very
best MS could do was to (almost) play catch up to it's competitors.

I expect MS IE to continue to lose users as more people come aware of the
built in security problems with MS IE.
Cole
I'd recommend everyone to upgrade, even if you don't use IE. Why? Simply to put....somewhere down the line if you have to use IE for some..odd..horrible...reason.. you might as well use IE7 cuz who knows what IE6 will do to your computer.
AdvancedNinja
Like many other people, I upgraded to IE7, and enjoy using it. Microsoft was also instrumental in making it more secure. I have not had any problems using it. I like the tabbed browsing, RSS feeds, and revamped menus. Overall, I think that this is a great release from Microsoft.
glabase
AdvancedNinja wrote:
Like many other people, I upgraded to IE7, and enjoy using it. Microsoft was also instrumental in making it more secure. I have not had any problems using it. I like the tabbed browsing, RSS feeds, and revamped menus. Overall, I think that this is a great release from Microsoft.

Yeah, i agree. everything seems to be a lot smoother in ie7 compared to ie6. i've stopped using firefox because certain pages didn't load up correctly although i've got it on my system should i need to use it. the tab features is really nice in ie7 plus the whole program appears slicker than other browsers. Cool
Teezgaff
The best feature I have found is the page zoom...
Nice and fast
Streamlined
Multiple HomePages
vignesh_natraj
IE7 final is very good i use it but i feel i needs more free extensions like Firefox. Firefox2 is not farbehind
IE 7 rocks !!!
Vyriix
I somehow find IE7 handling feeds better than firefox 2.0

On some sites firefox starts to act weird by displaying normal page as feeds.
welshsteve
The extensions in Firefox means that for the time being it will remain my browser of choice. I use extensions such as the Web Developer toolbar, CSS Viewer, DownloadThemAll and DummyIpsum loads. Plus the themes add a more personal touch to it all as well. And it's still more W3C standards compliant than IE7. I'm still finding I need to use hacks to get around IE only problems.
animassacre
IE 7 have extensions too and for me ie's developper toobar is better.

The only thing i don't like about IE7 is the there is not a spelling check, there is one extension ,but it's not as useful like firefox's spellcheck--- i wont it to underline the wrong words just like in firefox.

oolll w8 ,it's not the only thing i don't like:
When u write a link i the serch box and the addres bar it should open in new tap directly (clicking ALT should not be nessesery),and the same case is the link bar bottons (and here the 'ALT' doesn't even work). If not by default it should be an option.
Traveller
Well, I finally, actually TRIED IE-7, obtained directly from Micro$oft, and I do NOT like what I see when I run it:

Many times, I have joked that Windows, ITSELF is a virus, but this was no joke! It's a good thing I rarely use IE! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!
cruzo
If IE7 were so good, FireFox will look like IE7 and not viceversa. FireFox is the best browser.
welshsteve
Firefox is the best browser, mainly because of all the extensions and themes available for it. Security wise, Opera is just as good. As a web developer I generally have loads of installed browsers on my PC. FF, IE7, Opera and Netscape. My company also has a Citrix server on which we have kept IE6, so I can test pages in IE6 and IE7.

Firefox is my preferred choice.
Alias
IE7 and Firefox 2.0 has a lot of improvements. But I still prefer to use Firefox 2.0 because based on my observation Firefox is still much more faster than IE . Also Firefox has a lot more features than IE7.
urangkayo
for me microsoft like plagiat Very Happy

IE 7 it's look like firefox not have ani different for me

not creative, i hate this
pashmina
firefox is still the best and will remain the best.
orcaz
1 thing I noticed about IE 7 is that it is much laggier than Firefox. When opening a tab, it takes like how much more time as compared to FF, which is like almost immediate...
TeenZine
I like 7 however what dose it have now that firefox didn't have 5 verizions ago.
My oppions
I had to restart my computer what a joke.
Tabs Nice idea firefox only had it what a year (maybe more) ago

Heres the funy part my site was listed as a phishing site.

Good thing was 4 once there support was fast and I got it fixed.
TamCalvin
I think Internet Explorer 7 beautiful, but it has many bugs, many our friend has installed and unistalled to use ie6, not ie7. If me, i try before, i don't like this broswer, peharps it is beautiful, but open it need a long time, slower than ie6 or the other.
TamCalvin
I don't like to use Internet Explorer 7, it is because it copy the firefox skin and faction. I'd like to use Internet Explorer 6 more than Internet Explore 7 because Internet Explorer 6 look kindly and more easy to control.
TamCalvin
I don't like to use Internet Explorer 7, it is because it copy the firefox skin and faction. I'd like to use Internet Explorer 6 more than Internet Explore 7 because Internet Explorer 6 look kindly and more easy to control. Also, Internet Explorer 7 load slower than all othe broswer, like Avant Broswer and Firefox etc.
welshsteve
The Avant Browser uses the same engine as Internet Explorer, so apart from how it looks it's absolutely identical.
Sneemaster
Is it just me, or is IE 7 really slow?! It takes foreever to load pages versus Firefox, and sometimes just doesn't even load them. I don't get that problem with firefox. I've tried turning things off on IE7, running all the patches on it, and tweaking the settings but it still really lags. Even scrolling up and down pages is slow on simple sites like the main Google search page. I'm glad that IE7 has tabs finally, but the other issues are still a pain. I only use it now because certain sites (like banking sites sometimes) will only use IE instead of Firefox. Any idea if I'm missing something to make it work better? I've got a lowly 1.4Ghz Athlon with 512mb ram so maybe my system is too feeble for IE7, but Firefox runs just fine?
welshsteve
I do find IE7 slower. Firefox takes a while to get started, but once it's running, it'sa lot faster. The opening of a new tab in IE7 is very slow as well.
dakotali
Why should I use IE when there is a browser like Firefox? First of all, IE-7 is very slow when you compare with Firefox. Ok, there are some memory leaks in Firefox when there is lots of Javascript, but still Firefox is my prefer.
ChrisP1984
IE7 appears to be a massive improvement on 6, but I'm still I Firefox man.

That said I think anyone who has IE6 should get IE7 for the simple fact that security holes in IE7 will get plugged and they won't be as quick to fix IE6 now.

I'd recommend Firefox 2 though, just because the extensions mean you can have anything from a really lightweight browser to a behemoth of a browser with every single feature anyones ever dreamed of.
turbowolf
I don't think IE7 is a good browser. Rubbish. I think firefox is good enough. In my community, a lot of people select to downgrade to IE6 after use IE7 a while.
darkblack
Sometimes I use IE7 Chinese-Trad. It looks beautiful and easy to control for anyone in the world.
jay84h
IE 7 comes 2nd to Firefox which is #1!
mynameis
I use FF its alot better than IE7 although is still have IE7 for Windows sites and stuff
i don't like IE as i always seem to get viruses from using it altough IE7 has come a long way since IE6 i've gotta admit >>

its like got alot better and more features than FF it just lets down when it comes to pop ups and viruses/ spyware
charles
I was using ie7 from the the beta 2 version onwards. Everything was fine, no problems at all. Then I switched over to beta 3 en some time afterwards to the RC1 release. So far, so good. Then came the definitive release. That release was claiming to remove the former RC1 version automatically and ther it went wrong.

IE7 was claiming that it could not find (a lot of ) files in the directory where it was looking so the installation blocked. I still was able to enter the internet with a (half?) installed ie7.

I tried everything but the damn thing would not install itself.

To shorten my story: I cleaned everything in my registry from ie7 with the registry cleaner from power tools. Cleaned with my explorer the files of it left on my computer en re-installed the dutch version of ie7. It gave me a message that it could not uninstall RC1and a question wether i would continue. After saying yes everything went smooth and I am working again with a full version of this browser (with the regular updates) and I am very happy with it.

One remark: when I copy text to my notepad, it is "cursief" whatever the expression therefore is in English.
Second remark: Oh yes, I am working with Firefox too, but I find ie7 much easier and faster.

kind regards
charles.
mensun
IE 7 is good for surfing but the tabbed feature is slow. So firefox dominates on the tabbed feature. The download manager of IE7 is still not upgraded.
jorpi
What about Opera, it uses the tabs before firefox and ie, is very much faster and has view of multiple pages at the same time (i've tried with 16 max, because it converts unreadable).
The only probles is that no suopport many scripts to view flash objects
tony
haha - ie7...what a joke

its just m$'s way of realising everything better about firefox than ie6 n then copying it. i do like the buttons. but yeh, ff works for me. no need to switch to IE7.
animassacre

i fill most confortable with IE7 ,but now i'm
making one site and IE7 is part of the big
mess. CSS + xHTML (divtags) always look
diferent in IE7, IE6, IE5.5, IE5 ,FireFox ,opera
(those are the onece that i test on) and all
the other brouwsers. It soo traublesume .

i agree... firefox had those in the first release.. IE just released it...
mjohnson
I am thirsty for it,where can I download it?
TerrorBite
If you're just after the UI, there's an IE7 theme for Firefox...
garionw
TerrorBite wrote:
If you're just after the UI, there's an IE7 theme for Firefox...

It's not an exact replica though is it? You'd need plug ins for that
mialynavahy
not so good than Firefox but it s faster than the last IE
vandame
I dont if this problem is in my computer, but my Internet Explorer 7 stuck a lot, all day im navigasting and got stuck!!!!
My firefox dont have these problems, i use without stuck.
Shake
There still isn't any reason to use IE 7 over Firefox as far as I'm concerned. IE 7 is great if some stubborn person wants to stick with the IE crap pile of products, but when you have the freedom to install your own non-proprietary web browser, there is no reason to hold back. Noobs can work just as well with Firefox as powerusers can, but seeing as how I know many people who "will not adjust their internet browsing styles for anything", I won't push them to make the switch. I have gotten yelled at for installing Firefox and hiding IE many a time by my loved ones, so I tend to just keep my mouth shut nowadays. Lately I have just been letting viruses percolate on the family PCs. I don't really care what sh*t people get themselves into by using IE anymore. Afterall, it's their decision.
ganesh
Internet Explorer 7 s**** big-time on my laptop.

I press Ctrl-T to open a tab and it takes ages to open it, while in Firefox, on the same machine under the same load, it is done in a jiffy.

Rendering engine is slow as expected and it is not as sleek as Firefox in executable size.

For the same sites open in the same number of tabs in IE and Firefox, IE takes more memory in the RAM.

Only advantage is that some stupid sites are still coded in IE only which is why I am being forced to have both on my machine ( Anyways, Windoze will not allow me to be without IE, I guess Very Happy )
budazz
IE 7 is still way to go....dont get it i dont like it Confused
oleszka
I have IE7 but use it rarely. I think Firefox better!
cvkien
i had problems with firefox 2.0 which it keep restart and it is anoying. but i like firefox, then after i switch to windows vista, i start using IE7 and it is similier with firefox...haha... too similier with firefox. and i like using it. sometime i'll confuse that i'm using firefox when i'm using IE7...
XlaiR
IE7 sucks! It stops working all the time and there is few addons and alot of security vulnerabilities.
Infinity-al
Internet Explorer will never match firefox...
Azmo
Downloaded it, tried it, removed it.. man, imo no human should use that program, I'm gonna stick with firefox and opera.. So imo, they have done it again, creating a browser that no one will use after a while.. cool when new, not so cool when u realise it sux and firefox and opera alrdy was pretty much the same, and they take both less space on ur harddrive and less capacity
krazy
yes with my computer, that was the browser i downloaded first IE7 as people claimed it was really good, i don't find it all that good to be honest with you, i prefer firefox.
OS Master
We all have to admit it's better than IE 6! Very Happy
fadirocks
OS Master wrote:
We all have to admit it's better than IE 6! Very Happy

true also they worked on some security issues I heard that MS traded in developers with Mozilla to develop IE7

I only use it to do windows update Razz everything else is my Mozilla Firefox2 and Mozilla SeaMonkey Smile
ahmbr
But there is a problem with flash animation or buttons on IE7.0
ahmbr
seriously Firefox is the best
orcaz
ahmbr wrote:
But there is a problem with flash animation or buttons on IE7.0

I think u haf to click on the flash movie one time in order to activate the activeX control, if not the flash won't work.
why6487
It suxs!
Er.... You will see this:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/186896
ligawette
Hello everyone!

I'm using IE 7 for some month now and I have to say that it is not that bad. Of course it is bit slower than Firefox but the functionality is completely ok. Unfortunately the tabbed browsing does not really work well so far. But they keep working to fix it. Until this problem is solved I suggest not to use the tabs too much but to use multiple windows.

Regards!
Billy Hill
Imagine having to use IE7 AND Vista for the first time ALL IN THE SAME DAY!!!

IE is outta here. biggest piece of shit I've seen.

Vista is outta here too. Second biggest piece of shit I've seen. I'd rather use Win9ef'n8!
pawelabrams
Vista + IE7 = s**t

That's the famous "Expert Equation"

Windows = s**t

That's "Windows-user equation"

M$'s products suck.

That's always true.

Laughing Wink
©Wolfie
gamerfanatics wrote:
IE will always have more bugs than firedox. no matter what FF will be the dominant browser.

I think the same like you, but the Firefox creators have to make a plugin or a option which will aliasing all the text. Or they will loose this battle!

Safari is a good browser too, lovely typograhics!
alem
Quote:
I think the same like you, but the Firefox creators have to make a plugin or a option which will aliasing all the text. Or they will loose this battle!

what means aliasing the text?
Billy Hill
gamerfanatics wrote:
no matter what FF will be the dominant browser.

Um, what?

Not by a long shot. Not yet anyway. IE has over 75% of market share the last I heard. On my sites, they've got closer to 80% or more.

Rolling Eyes
©Wolfie
simplyw00x wrote:
Ok, here's the deal:

DO NOT GET IE7

You are **** Right!
Microsoft steals ideas and the whole way of how a browser should work from looking to a other browser and steal the components...!

Choose for Firefox.
clydejaw
Internet Explorer 7 is evil.. it totally pwnd my computer >_> it ate all my memory for some weird reason >.<

I <3 firefox

Very HappyVery HappyD
romeolovejully
I installed but i can't use Tab, who help ??? Question
alem
©Wolfie wrote:
simplyw00x wrote:
Ok, here's the deal:

DO NOT GET IE7

You are **** Right!
Microsoft steals ideas and the whole way of how a browser should work from looking to a other browser and steal the components...!

Choose for Firefox.

then firefox also stole(?) the idea of tab from opera. as far as i know opera had been using tabbed browsing for years...
FlyingYouri
I love <3 Internet Explorer 7 with the tablads. It's better than the Internet Explorer's before 7 Smile .
shenyl
Yes, I am yet on IE7, and definitely agreed that Microsoft is copying ideas from Firefox and others.

However, many other products from Microsoft will make it easier for you, if you are using IE.

By associating many of their products with one another, you sort of feel or pushed to go fully Microsoft, unless you don't mind the struggle to get the different parts to work with each other.

I will normally install it along with the other browser (normally firefox).

Will wait a little longer, and who knows IE8 beta may just arrive before I install IE7.
mahirharoon
i like ie8 because it is passing acid test (what only i want)
and ie is faster than firefox and makes updates download within a second
and is supported in every way by os
shenyl
Quote:
i like ie8 because it is passing acid test (what only i want)

I am really behind time, before I have IE7, here is IE8.

Guess I might once again be behind by the time I look at IE8.

Anyway, thanks for the "foresight" will take time to look at this futuristic IE8.

With many thanks.
garionw
But IE8 will only work if you specifically tell it too in your webpages, otherwise they will render like Internet Explorer 6 or 7
dickyzin
IE7 is still slow and buggy. I re-installed IE7 after formatting my laptop and I just couldn't go to any web sites. I got the error message "cannot display webpage" for all external sites. I can only goto sites with internal IP only. Firefox worked perfectly fine during this time. I re-installed IE7 for about 3 more times and then it worked. Such a waste of time. Firefox is THE browser. I can count on it.
BrianElliott0218
nhl4000 wrote:
I would prefer to get IE7 when it comes out. With Internet Explorer being a security issue already to me, I especially wouldn't use it when it's in BETA testing, even though some security issues would be fix (I assume), new security issues might be found.

Best not to use IE7 anyway...
You have Linux for your OS; no security issues.
You have a great many Web Browsers to choose from on Linux; no security issues.
You have a tighter OS and better programming on a new secure platform.

Oh yeah, and it's all free (as in freedom)!
Very Happy
~Brian
emem
©Wolfie wrote:
simplyw00x wrote:
Ok, here's the deal:

DO NOT GET IE7

You are **** Right!

Choose for Firefox.

Yup. I am not against IE7 (although I'm VERY against IE6!!), I use Firefox, but I have to admit that IE7 is a lot better than IE6. But still it kind of doesn't satisfy my needs Smile It's good but it's worse than Firefox Smile
ginny2689
I'm also using IE7 because it's compatible with all the websites
it's good but we can't ignore firefox ;i know firefox has some disadvantages like if you are stacking it with addons and plugins, its speed reduces.

both are good according me

I'm using both according to the demand.
cosmicx
I seldom use IE7 and most of the time, 98%, I am using Mozilla Firefox Razz
I only use IE7 for certain ActiveX control, page alignment problem or the PC is not installed with Firefox Cool
even when I use IE7, i do turn off the Phishing Filter as it really slows down my surfing...
and the overall performance is not as good as Firefox... Rolling Eyes
Hope to see some improvements in the next release Wink
dickyzin
I just installed IE7 Pro. I don't really use Microsoft Internet Explorer but just want to try it out. Don't see much difference with the previous IE7 except for the free license. You don't need to pass the Windows/Microsoft Genuine.
Kelcey
I don't think IE7 is THAT bad. But I do prefer Firefox Razz.
bigt
IE 7 copied most of its features from Firefox. It's only handy to have around to check browser support since many sheeple still use it.

Devil wrote:
chartcentral
Or useful if the site really needs some ActiveX controls for you to use. Or some automatic authentication from the Windows Active Directory. Smile
vvforgs
I'm not going to install, most users reported the windows update not working and not validating them anymore, i'll wait until it's released im not in rush to try it.
vvforgs
Yes, I am yet on IE7, and definitely agreed that Microsoft is copying ideas from Firefox and others.

However, many other products from Microsoft will make it easier for you, if you are using IE.

By associating many of their products with one another, you sort of feel or pushed to go fully Microsoft, unless you don't mind the struggle to get the different parts to work with each other.

Will wait a little longer, and who knows IE8 beta may just arrive before I install IE7.
thedinh
vvforgs wrote:

I think you are right, when i use my IE7, websites load so so more slow then firefox. I'm looking forward to IE8. I hope that it will have some advances because i when you use IE you can get many other windows service .
deadswan
Anyone seen IE8?

Might be worth looking at...
jdelfire
IE 7 is so vulnerable in spyware/virus attacks because its an open door for add-ons........ Ive seen IE8 its quite annoying if there is a single error in a page it will keep reloading unless u will disbale the automatic recovery page in advance options
dickyzin
I haven't seen IE8 but I'm hoping it will be much better than IE7 since IE7 was a disaster. I'm sticking to Firefox as most people.
forkei
I would rather use Firefox
amperx
I;m only using IE7 for xhtml testing, for browser compatibility, its a good browser but it a hog for system resources, I would much prever opera or chrome, chrome is a bit buggy at the moment but its overall point is its lightweigh. Very Happy
Idoru
I'm using a 64-bit Vista, and discovered that IE7 got froozen after a couple of weeks of using it. Happened a few
times, so I decided to start the other version of it (the one in the x86-folder), and now there aren't any problems... Question

Now, what's up with this? Shouldn't one use the one shortcut-linked by the OS, but have to go in explorer to
get another version of the same thing? One witch from what I've seen using it, doesn't differ? Well, exept in the way that
this one hasn't froozen. Well, yet...

It's wieard, and franklly I hope chrome, firefox and the other challengers some day will be able to put up an
alternative for IE. What I say is not that they doesn't today, but, as has been mentioned before here, IE is
simply outstanding because it's integrated in the OS.
bigt
jdelfire wrote:
IE 7 is so vulnerable in spyware/virus attacks because its an open door for add-ons........ Ive seen IE8 its quite annoying if there is a single error in a page it will keep reloading unless u will disbale the automatic recovery page in advance options

Oh yeah, IE 7 has more holes than swiss cheese, lol! Some updates just came out and there have been some attacks on the holes they patched. That's why everyone has to be diligent in patching windows systems.

I wonder what they'll copy next and put into IE8, but I think it will have just as many vulnerabilities as 7 or more b/c of how micro$oft puts out buggy code. I use FireFox for my regular browsing.