FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone a Police Officer?

fbcompany
Putting my application in on friday.

Main goal: STAR (few years)

Ran a muck when i was younger, did lots of silly things, lots of scraps etc etc. Now that im more mature, i can sit back and look at things from a "mature perspective" and what i see disgusts me. People can hardly walk down the street with out being harassed, or feeling threatened by the "scum" of society.

So, i have decided, and been thinking for a few years, that i want to get out of the IT (tired of a desk job) and into something that will be more hands on, something where i dont know what i will be doing day to day (apart from paperwork!), and something that will feel rewarding.

I have friends who are now police officers, and they love it. Sure there are alot of politics (much like my government job), but he said there is no better feeling when you realise that you are making a difference.
littletomi714
Congrats on making the change. I too might think about being a police officer. But if I go, I will become a Deputy Sheriff. But every peace officer is good. The pay is great; I heard its like $85,000 for starters. The funnest part of that job must be that every day is something new. You can't expect things to happen. You just have to go with the calls. Did you go through Academy yet? To be a peace officer, you have to go through a six month training camp called the Academy. It probably is the hardest thing you will have to go through. But the pride and self confidence that you completed the Academy will go a long way.
So if you're thinking of being a peace officer:
Good luck on your Academy.
Thank you for making this country a better place.
Optimos
Yeh in a few years im going to try and become a police officer my story is a bit like fbcompany story . When i was a young child i used to bully people and use really bad words against them and now i see on T.V its pretty sick .
mattneed
littletomi714 wrote:
Congrats on making the change. I too might think about being a police officer. But if I go, I will become a Deputy Sheriff. But every peace officer is good. The pay is great; I heard its like $85,000 for starters. The funnest part of that job must be that every day is something new. You can't expect things to happen. You just have to go with the calls. Did you go through Academy yet? To be a peace officer, you have to go through a six month training camp called the Academy. It probably is the hardest thing you will have to go through. But the pride and self confidence that you completed the Academy will go a long way.
So if you're thinking of being a peace officer:
Good luck on your Academy.
Thank you for making this country a better place.

No mean to be rude mate but police acedemy isnt the hardest thing ever. Military bootcamp, (Rephrase) Marine Bootcamp is the hardest thing you will ever go through. They break you down and build you like a brick sh**house. Just wanted to get that in there.... Now Imvery happy that you are going to be a police officer. After i get out of the military i will probably try and be a police officer. Ever since i was little i wanted to be in the military or a cop. I have decided to go the way of the military at this time because our country needs us men. When i get out of highschool im going to go to a four year college graduate from college with the rank of second lieutenant then serve a 20 year service. After that i might go highway patrol or something.... But congrats on your decision to be a police officer!
Afaceinthematrix
fbcompany wrote:
Putting my application in on friday.

Main goal: STAR (few years)

Ran a muck when i was younger, did lots of silly things, lots of scraps etc etc. Now that im more mature, i can sit back and look at things from a "mature perspective" and what i see disgusts me. People can hardly walk down the street with out being harassed, or feeling threatened by the "scum" of society.

So, i have decided, and been thinking for a few years, that i want to get out of the IT (tired of a desk job) and into something that will be more hands on, something where i dont know what i will be doing day to day (apart from paperwork!), and something that will feel rewarding.

I have friends who are now police officers, and they love it. Sure there are alot of politics (much like my government job), but he said there is no better feeling when you realise that you are making a difference.

Being a cop was one of my dream jobs. i like being out on the streets and doing something hands on and adventurous. but i decided that i would rather have a science job and work in a lab because that is still hands on.
thealpha
my uncle is a part-time policeman
watersoul
Well done to anyone who becomes a police officer, it's a difficult job with often no thanks, plus demands from everyone, and if we didn't have the serving officers we do, the streets would be a scary scary place.
OK, there may be a few bad-apples in the cart (as in every type of cart) but the vast majority are good people who I feel happy to pass late at night Smile