FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Years Resolutions

wumingsden
New Years Resolutions.

I have never made any New Years Resolutions before, but this year is quite a bit different than last year (1 yrs difference to be exact).

Ordered in no particular order:

My first New Years Resolution is to stop biting my fingernails.
I think it is a disgusting habit, and try really hard not to, but for some reason my determination is not strong enough (which is not usually like me - If I want something, I usually grab it at first glance). Last week I brough an invisible nail polish to stop me biting, and it's kind of working. I think it's called "Stop 'N Grow", or some similiar-sounding name. It's extremely bitter-tasting invisible nail polish to stop you biting your nails. It has been working, however, I think because of exams looming (which I am dreading) it's not having such a great effect.

My second New Years Resolution is to ask a guy called Jamie out.
I have been going to a cafe, by the name of BB's, for quite some time now (like 1-2 years). I really nice guy called Jamie has been working there for the last few months. At first I didn't notice him, but that suddenly changed one day when we looked into each others eyes.
You may think that's that it, I've got him. Wrong. By default I have a straight persona and it's only when I begin to get to know someone will the gay side come out of me, so he doesn't know that I'm even gay.
So, how do I know he's gay? Well, he does slightly act gay (which I used to dislike in all gay guys but now think is fabulous). I now know for sure however because one day me and another guy were at the cafe (the "another guy" is a closest gay guy friend. Although he likes me, I do not like him, so we are not going out [although we go out places together]). So, we were enjoying a coffee, when my sister came over. I asked her "how did you know I was sitting here in the [really cosy, comfortable] corner". She said "jamie told me so". I was like "jamie who?" (at this time i didn't know his name was jamie). It turns out that he is an old friend of my sisters but he had changed so much I didn't even recognise him. (He is totally hot, with fashion now, he never used to be!). So, enought of me blabbering on, i know he's gay, he doesn't know I am, so my second New Years Resolution is to ask him out.

My third New Years Resolution is to listen more to my consultants. Although I know there trying to do their best, they are usually wrong so I end up ignoring them.

My fourth New Years Resolution is to stop spending money when I don't need to, which includes stop paying/buying things for other people.

My fifth New Years Resolution is to try and take up voluntary work again if I have the time.

My sixth New Years Resolution is to study hard for my exams (which start on the 10th). Although there is a big possiblity that I won't be able to do them anyway, if the situation is changed and I have to do them then I don't want to get a poorer mark then what I would have.

My seventh New Years Resolution is to try and get my family to talk again. Currently, my bastard-of-a-father is not speaking to me younger sister and grandmother/auntie/cousin (for different reasons). I should show him the error of his ways and make him realise that he's being too much of a prick. He's cutting off his nose to spite his face when there is no need to.

My eighth New Years Resolution is to try and confide more in my mother. I've taken a huge step back from everyone including her and she's getting a little worried. I want to show her however that I am not a child, I wish to be more independant, and there will come a day in the future when I or she will not be there. I changed dramatically since telling her I'm gay (for the better) and I want improvements to keep on happenning. These won't do though if my mum is constantly checking to see whether I'm ok.

My ninth New Years Resolution is to be more honest about my illnesses to friends. I've already told one friend how ill I am, and she took it really badly. This has discouraged from telling anyone else but realise it has to be done sooner or later.

My tenth New Years Resolution is keep on going to the gym so my lungs don't get worse. Also try my hardest to come to the conclusion that although suppliment drinks are absolutely disgusting, they supposedly do me a world of good.

My eleventh New Years Resolution is to try my hardest to make up my mind on what I want to do when I am older.

My twelth New Years Resolution is to get my full driving license (I'm only 16 but can legally drive here in the UK, YIPPEE!).

My thirteenth New Years Resolution (which sounds really stupid) is to hang on the wall an extremely bigmassive mirror that I brought a few months ago, (it is currently lining a wall). Or rather buy another to hang on the wall, and keep the one I currently have in the same place.

... other resolutions include: do not start smoking, do not ****** around, do not lie, do not start getting drunk.

[this list me probably be extended even further Shocked ]
BMB07
I want to quit drinking and smoking. It's going to be hard. But I think I can hack it...

I also bite my fingernails. Filthy habit, I know. Gotta try and stop that also haha.
TeenZine
I want to be less annoying.

I want to get away from the computer more.

I want to build SimiSpeaks and have it done.(ive been putting it off forever since its my schools site)

I want to raise my GBA .2% (I have a very high gpa as it is)
DynamicNames
Stop biting my fingernails. (It's almost a habbit now) To stop talking back to my mom, using sarcasm on my mom, and stop being so mean to my mom when I get mad at her. Try to not be on the internet that much. Try to make my message boards successful. Try to do good in my school so I can maintain my grade.

Trying not to be such a nazi towards my grandpa. Finish my project by not waiting until the last minute. Try to help out around the house and atleast do 1 or 2 chores. That's about all I have to/want to do for my New Years Resolutions. Well, happy New Years~!
Blaster
I want to stop breaking computers. I also want to work my but off at swimming which i haven't been doing lately.
Hobbit
I quadruple my ypn earnings, as well as with other affiliate programs, and my products (which I will release soon).

Other than that, I need a girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!
Liu
To become much more fluent in Chinese and to recognize 1000 characters, I want to be completely fluent by 2008.
billybob
wow wumingsden that is one big list...

I only have one, to get into shape I'm not exactly out of shape I'm just not how I want to be.
spazbutt32
1280x1024

on a more serious note, i'm going to get my math grades up, lose a bit of weight and get my driving license Smile
sibbahz
I havnt really got any set resolutions as i never keep them, but things id like to achieve include putting more effort into college, to enjoy myself more when i go out, and to get a girlfriend.
loryl
New years resolutions:
-get into shape by jogging everyday.
-socialize more (aka: spend more time away from computer).
-raise my GPA (it's like whooooooooa low at the moment).
-learn PHP (hah).
-read more literature.
Jinx
1. Lose another 40 lbs (hopefully before swimsuit season)
2. Quit smoking (i'm down to four cigs a day, I think I can do this one in a couple weeks)
3. Learn PHP & MySQL, and get my website running the way I want it.
4. Get out of debt.
5. Get a car without going more into debt.
6. Go back to college.
7. Get that old motorcycle that's been sitting in the shed for years up and running, maybe in time to make it to Sturgis.
8. Develop superpowers, save a cheerleader and save the world.
Captain Fertile
spazbutt32 wrote:
1280x1024 Smile

ROFLMAO!!! I loved tghat - very funny.

I have a number of resolutions this year, here are a couple;

Be a better dad

Be a better husband

Take up guitar and learn to play well enough to play some Christmas songs well for the kids next year.

Save more

Get out more and get over my Agoraphobia

Get my depression in check.

Ooooh! A few others besides.

I have set some ways to measure my success throughout the year so that I have clearly defined goals and can see what is working and what is not.

January is my clearing out month so they wll all be defined clearly and in place by the end of this month.
squirrelmaster
1) I need a real job, not just the internet...I heard some guy quit dollar general so I hope the manager sees my application Wink

2) I need to stop putting off getting my drivers license, i am 18 and could have been driving for 2 years now!!!!

3) Get a bank account with a debit card so I don't have to worry about having cash on me (or writing checks)

4) This one is a little far fetched, but if I save up enough i would like to get a vehicle to drive.

5) lose 20 lbs to weigh 190lbs (for 6 foot 4, that's pretty good Razz )

6) get more money from google adsense by developing sites, and/or getting new ones.

7) write better essays in US History
vahsi000
To earn lots and lots of money online and at my day job.
To stop cracking my finger joints.
Enhance my relationship with my female partner.
Be strict when it comes to spending money.
Gain experience in my dream carear.
Become more Fit and Healthy.
TeenZine
http://www.bored.com/emailcapsules/ its very cool. It will alow you to make an email and have it email you in the future.
scorpiosemotion
I normally make a resolution not to make resolutions that I know I wont keep. So what's different this year? I'm making a resolution...

1. Get a hobby or actually work with some that I already have.!

2. Spend less time thinking about what needs to be done and spend more time doing what needs to be done.

3. Work on my collection of short stories.

4. Get my website up and running! For what I don't know yet... but I think I just may of had a thought... Don't hold your breath.

5. Take the hundreds of books I have and donate them to the library!

I think that is a good enough list, though of course there is much more as my mind starts to spin, best stop while I am ahead! Laughing
shwetanshu
try to control my anger

study more

spend less time on computer and more on other activities

try to control my tongue
cheh
didn't make any resolutions this year. i'm so happy with the way i am Razz
hehe, kidding but i made a resolution to stop drinking 2 years in a row, which i knew it's never gonna happen. it lasted a good month both times and i'm actually kinda happy, coz i was affraid to last shorter. so i didn't make any resolution this year, coz i know it's not gonna happen anyway.

there is only one wish! to pass at least 8 exams at uni.
Babsta
Yeah I'm going to stop biting my fingernails too. Study harder and ace on my tests God willing. Very Happy Very Happy I'm gonna be nicer to my parents and siblings. I'll try not to hurt others and be a source of benefit for everyone rather than distress Very Happy. I'll try to design a very cool website on here haha Laughing I'll drink lots of water cause that's good for the skin. I'll clean up my room every week.. and well I think I should first get these things done, then make more resolutions
Smile Smile
DoctorBeaver
I don't make new year resolutions. I think they're just an excuse not to do things when they need doing. If there's something about you that you want to change, change it when you think of it; don't wait however-long-it-is until new year to do it.
Utopia GFR
My new year resolutions for 2007 are :

- To go to Sweden (Stockholm) and meet my girlfriend there for something like 2 weeks Very Happy
- Get myself a new interesting job (apart from radio hosting).
- Moving out to a new cool place in town Smile
- Grab a low cost reliable car.
- Enlarge my ring of friends (by meeting cool Internet chat partners).
- Keep my Frihost account active and find some more new ideas for my website.
- Be good, generous and faithful to the persons I care for Smile

Last but not least, try to achieve a couple more video games of my huge video gaming list, lol Very Happy

Cheers Smile
skygaia
Hm... new year's resolution.....

Whenever it's the end of the year, I got some regrets..
Well I just want never to repeat to do that this year..

I just want my family to be happy this year.

And... I want to get a chance to study more. I want to do that this year. But there are many problems to do that.....

anyway Happy new year ^^
ThornsOfSorrow
First and foremost, I'd love to become more self-confident, especially when speaking to other people. I've been painfully shy all my life, and I've finally begun to come out of my shell enough to comfortably talk to complete strangers. However, as soon as I start getting to know a person, my shyness kicks in and I start tripping over all of my words. It takes me almost an entire year to become completely comfortable around a friend.

Also, I'd like to begin running, not so I lose weight (since I don't need to), but just so that I stay thin and stop being so lazy.

Last, I'd like to practice playing guitar a lot more than I have been, since I haven't improved much in the past couple of years.
datter
I haven't made a single resolution. I've always found it rather pointless to do so once a year... I prefer to fix things all the time, as I go along.

That's just me though.

datter
alissavb
I want to lose weight, get along with my parents better, and stop getting so jealous over my boyfriend. :\

To wumingsden, I wish you much luck with Jamie. Smile
nilsmo
I was so brain-dead that I made my New Year's Resolution to think of a good resolution in the new year and then put it into effect. Many young people's new year's resolution are to succeed in their education.
Xcelerate
run faster for track and xc.
flameb
To be honest, I didn't create a New Year's resolution until, well after New Years because I was too drunk to create one that I wouldn't regret the next day.

Anyway, I figured "everyone's got a New Year's resolution, why shouldn't I?". So, I made it that I have to work out more. Boring, I know, but better than nothing.
Vrythramax
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
First and foremost, I'd love to become more self-confident, especially when speaking to other people. I've been painfully shy all my life, and I've finally begun to come out of my shell enough to comfortably talk to complete strangers. However, as soon as I start getting to know a person, my shyness kicks in and I start tripping over all of my words. It takes me almost an entire year to become completely comfortable around a friend.

Also, I'd like to begin running, not so I lose weight (since I don't need to), but just so that I stay thin and stop being so lazy.

Last, I'd like to practice playing guitar a lot more than I have been, since I haven't improved much in the past couple of years.

I wish all your dreams come true...but my band is still better Wink

Joking of course...your a fantastic singer...please don't stop. We may do a duet oneday.
wormsunited
I bite my nails a lot and I don't even realise i'm doing it half the time, gets on my nerves Razz
So I guess thats my resolution for this year.
rhathar
One thing I've found with New Years Resolutions is that they NEED to have some sort of definitive, quantifiable number.

That said, here are mine:

1) Begin taking martial arts again. This means I need to be taking classes at least twice a month, minimum.

2) Get back in shape. This means doing a minimum of 30 minutes / day of exercise, 3 times a week on top of regular activities. This can include biking, jogging and calisthenics. Classes (tennis, martial arts) don't count.

3) Work on my fun website. This is currently dedicated to Elendor, though that may be shunted to sub-category and the main page used for Vincible, a web-comic in the making.

4) Work on my professional website. Write up a website for Anansi Web Productions, my internet based web production company. Get several samples done, as well as a clear price list.

5) Improve my web skills. A definite description of this is forthcoming. Basically, work on my PHP skills. Try and work on some sort of PHP/NNTP reader, as well as a good program for submitting text documents, surveying them and approving/denying them. Part of this is working with security issues as well (PHP/MySQL injection, etc.)

6) Finish my Elendor project. Those bloody help files need revamping Razz

7) Get my ambulance license, and some sort of job in the medical field.

Cool Get my M1 license, and buy a moped.

9) Work on my singing, and do some kind of musical project this year (write songs, be in a musical, etc.)
Vrythramax
rhathar wrote:
One thing I've found with New Years Resolutions is that they NEED to have some sort of definitive, quantifiable number.

That said, here are mine:

1) Begin taking martial arts again. This means I need to be taking classes at least twice a month, minimum.

2) Get back in shape. This means doing a minimum of 30 minutes / day of exercise, 3 times a week on top of regular activities. This can include biking, jogging and calisthenics. Classes (tennis, martial arts) don't count.

3) Work on my fun website. This is currently dedicated to Elendor, though that may be shunted to sub-category and the main page used for Vincible, a web-comic in the making.

4) Work on my professional website. Write up a website for Anansi Web Productions, my internet based web production company. Get several samples done, as well as a clear price list.

5) Improve my web skills. A definite description of this is forthcoming. Basically, work on my PHP skills. Try and work on some sort of PHP/NNTP reader, as well as a good program for submitting text documents, surveying them and approving/denying them. Part of this is working with security issues as well (PHP/MySQL injection, etc.)

6) Finish my Elendor project. Those bloody help files need revamping Razz

7) Get my ambulance license, and some sort of job in the medical field.

Cool Get my M1 license, and buy a moped.

9) Work on my singing, and do some kind of musical project this year (write songs, be in a musical, etc.)

twice week if your serious.
jeffsneed
I myself don’t bother making them. Why set unrealistic expectations for yourself based on the date? If you were truly motivated to make a change in your life you would not wait for a specific day to do it.

It boggles the mind. People deceiving themselves purposely and yet deep inside knowing better. "Im going to lose weight" <- BS, If you were truly going to do something about it you would have by now. However, never the less go ahead and delude yourself and give it the half hearted two weeks on diet you won’t stick to.. Awesome, now you feel worse than when you started. Don’t get me wrong, im not taking a swing at the obese, Im simply stating that people should face facts and take responsibilities for their lives and make positive changes regardless of the calendar date.

For those who actually achieve something with the only catalyst being a new year’s resolution I applaud you. Regardless of the New Year you would have attained your goal anyway. You have willpower and self discipline. Two things that can never be given to anyone. You have to earn them yourself.

Anyway, it would seem I have ventured off into a rant here. My apologies.
Dragonfly
My New Year Resolution-

1). Make more post in Frihost forums everyday. Increase the number of posting from the current one post per day to 3 to 5 posts per day. Never to lose the points to fall below the minimum post requirement.

2). Maintain the site well so that spams don't get fill up the inbox at the default email ID.

3). Be more useful to other frihost users by helping them as much as I can.

4). Be more polite to all users and to be more kind and understanding to newbies.

Dragonfly
wormsunited wrote:
I bite my nails a lot and I don't even realise i'm doing it half the time, gets on my nerves Razz
So I guess thats my resolution for this year.

Nice resolution. It doesn't have to be a huge resolution that most people expect one to make. But something like this is definitely nice and achievable. On top of that it makes sense too. Go for it!
rajhank
My New Year Resolution is to complete all of my old New Year Resolutions.

And, also to dump my old GirlFriend.

Wink
eku53ru
My New Year's resolutions for this year are basically the same as the ones from last year. I'm in desperate need to clean my house (sadly, I always get distracted before I can start or even finish), and I need to get more sleep so my parents stop bugging me about turning nocturnal (or something similarly phrased). I also need to work on getting better grades in class; I feel bad when I'm doing well in every class but one, even when I know my performance can be so much better. I might need to stay away from going on the computer for long periods of time; if I do that, the electricity bill may go down a bit.
Alias
These are my New Year's Resolution;

1) To finish my OJT and Thesis B subjects.

2) Be more matured and responsible.

3) Go to gym and make my body fitted.

4) Become a more better person.

5) Get my professional drivers license and a bank account.
welshsteve
1. Sort my money problems out WITHOUT loaning more money. I have a plan, it just needs to come off.

2. I'm currently studying for CIW Master so my New Year's Resolution is to complete it before the end of the year. This will help no.1 above as I can command £10K+ more a year in salary once I'm qualified.

3. At least start to learn to drive. This depends on no.1 being successful, as it's expensive these days.
pecad0re
1. Get a girlfriend
2. Get a girlfriend
3. Get a girlfriend
4. Get a girlfriend
5. Get a girlfriend
6. Get a girlfriend
7. Get a girlfriend
8. Get a girlfriend
9. Get a girlfriend
10. Get a girlfriend
11. Get a girlfriend
12. Finish my university course
ReubenWilliams
TeenZine wrote:
I want to be less annoying.

I want to get away from the computer more.

I want to build SimiSpeaks and have it done.(ive been putting it off forever since its my schools site)

I want to raise my GBA .2% (I have a very high gpa as it is)

Love it. I want to be less annoying. A laudable ambition my friend. Hard to achieve though. Some people will be annoyed simply by you trying not to be annoying. I would love to be less annoying to myself.

Total internal unity. That is my goal for this year. I suppose you can call it a resoultion.

I think annoyance is something that serves a function for peoples social expressions of status as much as anything else. In order to avoid annoying people try acting like a servant. Or an overbearing and imperious lord.

Any other status treads the tricky middle ground and you run the risk of being mired in the swamp of irritation. Still perhaps better to be irratating than to be highly offensive and intensley disliked?
Dean_The_Great
I think I'm going with the classic "be good to people and try to be a better person myself". I think I also want to improve my memory and listening skills (being tied as they are) so that way my girlfriend will enjoy our phone conversations more. =)
Annush_K
1) Do well in the exam sessions (50 percent complete - one session with all excellents Very Happy)
2) Find a place to practice surgery.
3) Go to Moscow and St. Petersburg in summer
4) Work in the URIVM after the second session.
5) Have more fun in life - after a depression that lasted for several years I need a change.

Dreams are my reality :3