FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How the Hell Does One Kiss?

violetgnu
So, I need a few pointers here. It has recently come to my attention that I suck at kissing. And not in a good way. I realize that practice is a very excellent option, which I do plan to exercise, but...having went at it, I see that I could use a few tips.
wumingsden
violetgnu wrote:
So, I need a few pointers here. It has recently come to my attention that I suck at kissing. And not in a good way. I realize that practice is a very excellent option, which I do plan to exercise, but...having went at it, I see that I could use a few tips.

I can't really tell what to do, but I can tell you what not to do.

Firsly, do NOT hold your breath.
You may feel the need to, but you really do not. Breath naturally. This also includes french kissing.

If you have eaten/drank something which is not that nice on your breath, then brush your teach. DO NOT however brush your teeth at the last minute, the person your kissing will not appreciate a peppermint breath. (note that having a mint is ok, because it's not too empowering).

Do NOT have chewing gum before kissing (have a mint instead if you feel the need ^). If you fail to take it out [you simply forget] then the other person will not appreciate having your gum now in their mouth. It's also an extreme turn off to see a person take it out (and in the case of me chew vigerously). Also, if the other person decides to use their tongue, the chewing gum will be in the way.

If you are a smoker, STOP.
Not only does fill your body with 69 cancerous toxins, it also causes other numerous lung problems that does not involve cancer.
Note only that, but it also makes your breath smell and turn your teeth yellow. This is NOT good.

Edit:
Don't pounce on the person, they will not appreciate it. Take things slow, and when the time is right to kiss, you'll know.

Don't expect to kiss the person, even though you may really want to. It's best to let things take there course.

(O, and I forgot to add, I'm gay, so the don'ts above is for just about everyone. I'm a guy, so know what a another guy likes, and I also know what girls like too).
Srs2388
Everything that wumingsden said
just relax, it will come natural trust me
ALostSoul
Srs2388 wrote:
Everything that wumingsden said
just relax, it will come natural trust me

yeah.
QrafTee
wumingsden wrote:
violetgnu wrote:

You may feel the need to, but you really do not. Breath naturally. This also includes french kissing.

If you have eaten/drank something which is not that nice on your breath, then brush your teach. DO NOT however brush your teeth at the last minute, the person your kissing will not appreciate a peppermint breath. (note that having a mint is ok, because it's not too empowering).

Do NOT have chewing gum before kissing (have a mint instead if you feel the need ^). If you fail to take it out [you simply forget] then the other person will not appreciate having your gum now in their mouth. It's also an extreme turn off to see a person take it out (and in the case of me chew vigerously). Also, if the other person decides to use their tongue, the chewing gum will be in the way.

Not only does fill your body with 69 cancerous toxins, it also causes other numerous lung problems that does not involve cancer.
Note only that, but it also makes your breath smell and turn your teeth yellow. This is NOT good.

Edit:
Don't pounce on the person, they will not appreciate it. Take things slow, and when the time is right to kiss, you'll know.

Don't expect to kiss the person, even though you may really want to. It's best to let things take there course.

(O, and I forgot to add, I'm gay, so the don'ts above is for just about everyone. I'm a guy, so know what a another guy likes, and I also know what girls like too).

The smoking comment applies in general too. No one likes being around a smoker. Hell, even smokers don't like being around smokers. It's bad hygiene and it's not "cool."
zeene
QrafTee wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
violetgnu wrote:

Edit:

The smoking comment applies in general too. No one likes being around a smoker. Hell, even smokers don't like being around smokers. It's bad hygiene and it's not "cool."

I agree with you 100%, Why the hell do people smoke anyways?
iNs@nE
People smoke to get high?

Well, let me give you an example. One of my friends doesnt dope or drink. So basically he is left with only one option if he wants to get high and that is cigarettes.

Now why cigarettes and not booze? well he is scared of the fact that people who booze a lot speak stuff that they regret later and he doesnt want that to happen to him. He is pretty much addicted to cigarretes. But he is trying to quit but it aint that easy.
molif
truthfully, either u r bad or good at kissing, its all up to ur partner who finds it good or bad..
xkobram
molif wrote:
truthfully, either u r bad or good at kissing, its all up to ur partner who finds it good or bad..

Yeah and also if they realy love you...
blue77
Maybe I give you some usefull tips

Don't put your thoung deep in her throught
Don't use to much saliva
Don't bite
Don't suck to much
Be carefull
benjmd
You need to think about one thing in order to be a good kisser:

How would you want to be kissed?

Do you want someone choking you with their tongue? Do you want someone who barely makes any effort? Do you want to get slobbered on? Do you want to feel their lips (soft and warm) or their elbow (cold and hard) against your mouth?

Answer those questions and it's easy: Kiss like all that matters to you in the world is that kiss. Keep your lips moist and don't be scared to use a little tongue, but don't overdo it. Let your partner feel your lips as lips naturally are - soft and warm (too little and it's like you're kissing grandma, too much and you're just pressing too hard). Vary your kissing a little so that it's not just one single type of kiss over and over (sometimes softer, sometimes more vigorous, but within reason).

Practice. On an apple/orange. On your hand (wash first, please).

And again, just kiss like all you care about is the kiss. That makes all the difference in the world.

And don't forget to touch with your hands, too (embracing, caressing, etc.)
RallyMonkey
Another big thing is to make sure you go with the flow. Don't just be going through the motions, if s/he changes it up, follow suit.
Tuplad
If you cant kiss very well, but you want to learn ... do this to your gf(I did the same :]):

Be cocky, do this in 3 seconds: make eye contact(make sure she's looking at you), look at her lips, bite your lip, look back in her eyes. At that moment she'll have the urge to kiss you, if she does, you can go a bit further by licking her lips and pulling away, I do it to my girlfriend constantly and I almost get RAPED for a single KISS!
ccer
wumingsden wrote:
Quote:
(O, and I forgot to add, I'm gay,

Was that a type error??? or is it true???

Sorry if its type error!!!

But that was nice.

Was that your experience or copied from net???

Very Happy Very Happy
xkobram
Tuplad wrote:
If you cant kiss very well, but you want to learn ... do this to your gf(I did the same :]):

Be cocky, do this in 3 seconds: make eye contact(make sure she's looking at you), look at her lips, bite your lip, look back in her eyes. At that moment she'll have the urge to kiss you, if she does, you can go a bit further by licking her lips and pulling away, I do it to my girlfriend constantly and I almost get RAPED for a single KISS!

That works? Special...
wumingsden
ccer wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Quote:
(O, and I forgot to add, I'm gay,

Was that a type error??? or is it true???

Sorry if its type error!!!

But that was nice.

Was that your experience or copied from net???

Very Happy Very Happy

Hmmm, this post is formatted in a very particular way Smile

It was not a type error, I am gay. I was stating that I'm a guy who likes guy's, therefore I know what guy's like but have the advantage of also knowing what girls like too.
What I stated was what I've learnt through experience (and general knowledge).
Tuplad
xkobram wrote:
Tuplad wrote:

That works? Special...

Nothing special about it, and yes, it works.
bonestorm74
I was going to post some advice here but when I started to type I realised I have absolutely no clue.
frozenhead
It will come out naturally. Wink
xkobram
Tuplad wrote:
xkobram wrote:
Tuplad wrote:

That works? Special...

Nothing special about it, and yes, it works.

Well this works only with your girlfriend, have you heard about this from someone? Or have you tryed it with someone else?
arjay
More than the methods, ways, and styles in kissing, are the feelings of the couple. It is the mutual feeling of love that makes a kiss beautiful and memorable. When a loving couple kisses each other, no matter how ‘awkward’ they may do it, they will surely experience the bliss that goes with the loving act. Cool

The best kiss is the one that is done as an expression of sincere love.

For more 'lustful kisses', you may try the style mentioned by the other posters. But be aware that, unlike guys, girls appreciate, and are more sensitive to, gentle but passionate kissing. So, be sure to keep the fire burning even after the last kiss has been planted. How you end it is as important as how you start it. Wink

And for sanitation and health purposes, be sure to have a regular dental check-up with your dentist. Aside from your girlfriend throwing-up, you don’t want any toothache after every torrid kiss. Confused

Kidding aside, kiss is as natural as love. It is a natural expression of love and the romance is best performed without prior practice or exercise. Exclamation

Keep that romantic emotion alive, express your love with a … kiss.

Word of caution though: it is addicting and habit-forming. Laughing Hehehe
rfarrand
seriously...just be yourself...and do what feels natural...at least that is what i do and the ladies love it! just treat her as if she is the only girl in the world...my personal opinion, at that moment any way, she should be the only girl you are thinking about, otherwise do not kiss her...granted you may not end up together, but at that moment of both of your lives, you are together...so be together
shrinkwrap
If you enjoy it instead of being preoccupied with your performance, you become better. Smile But be sure to have good breath and breathe through your nose.
urbanbuddha
Do what feels natural and pay attention to how your partner responds. Everyone has different preferences when it comes to kissing and the intensity may also depend on the moment and mood. n_n So I don't really think there is a proper or even optimal procedure for kissing~ You may want to talk to your partner or even monitor the way she kisses you and copy that. n_n
ainieas
I'm surprised no one said anything about the eternal topic - eyes open or closed? Me and my current gf are both open eyed kissers, but formerly i've had some problems when i keep my eyes open while the girl closes her eyes. I don't know why but they tend to feel awkward. Yet I still don't understand whats the whole deal about open/closed eyes. A kiss should be a kiss, no matter what.

To the original poster, try playing with their lips with your tongue. And pull back when they try to get to you. Games are a part of the ritual.

BTW, one big advice, once you've read through whole of this thread and you feel like a kissing God(!!) do remember one thing - when you go to kiss then DON"T THINK about anything you've learnt from this thread. Try to unlearn everything and just go with the flow. No A leads to B leads to C and so on.
Kyraxe
Not sure what i can add to the advice given so far (which is good) but I'll try.

1) Take your time, savor the moment and let things happen naturally. Do not force anything or worry too much about it.

2) Improvise based on what your partner likes... as you're kissing someone you will notice what they like and don't like. There are no set rules for what works and what doesn't it all depends on what you're partner likes.

From my experiences a light biting of the lower lip at the end of a kiss has worked for me numerous times, drives girls nuts. Also if you're a taller/bigger guy don't forget to use your hands to hold her head or back etc, used at the right time pulling a girl into your arms can make them melt, but again it would depend on the girl...
violetgnu
Hmmmmmm. This is all very excellent advice. From the reply's I've surmised that: a) it's best to be natural, go with the moment b) neverthless, there are a few things you can do and c) smoking is bad for you.

Any tips for kissing when you are...short (in stature)? I'm actually smaller than my partner by about a foot.
tingkagol
do not advance each time you open your jaw while kissing. it'll make both your lips seem like bricks. stay steady... stationary. if you should move, advance and retreat very gently. the key is to keep both your lips soft, not stiff. kiss her upper and lower lips every now and then.

oh, and brush your teeth.
ainieas
violetgnu wrote:
Hmmmmmm. This is all very excellent advice. From the reply's I've surmised that: a) it's best to be natural, go with the moment b) neverthless, there are a few things you can do and c) smoking is bad for you.

Any tips for kissing when you are...short (in stature)? I'm actually smaller than my partner by about a foot.

I think you might try what my gf does. She usually stands on a more elevated ground than me. Like on a higher stair or something. Of course horizontally we are both more equal. Also I usually end up lifting her off her feet, literally, all throughout the kiss! Thats pretty nice too.
Cephalic_Carnage
Well, it can be hard to say. Everyone is different, and everyone kisses differently, and prefers different styles. I think you'll need to find your own style when it coms to kissing.
xkobram
ainieas wrote:
violetgnu wrote:

I think you might try what my gf does. She usually stands on a more elevated ground than me. Like on a higher stair or something. Of course horizontally we are both more equal. Also I usually end up lifting her off her feet, literally, all throughout the kiss! Thats pretty nice too.

I can never forget what my ex did... That special move how she wanted too kiss me (she is smaller)... She moved forward and then she was stretching to the sky... Very Happy
ccer
Even i havent kissed anyone till now, even dunno when will that day be. But reading all the posts i think it will be interesting.
It comes naturally, doesnt it???
xkobram
ccer wrote:
Even i havent kissed anyone till now, even dunno when will that day be. But reading all the posts i think it will be interesting.
It comes naturally, doesnt it???

Try to act without fear.
hsadmin
Let it come to you... Put your hands in there hair to.. That usually helps.
xkobram
hsadmin wrote:
Let it come to you... Put your hands in there hair to.. That usually helps.

Wow, its unbelievable what are the experience of other people...

Well and im also surprised how people know about how they act.

I know that hair in face might be a difficulty in kissing... hair in mouth...
But for the 1st step its obscure
tiel_99
Don't think about it. It becomes too technical and academic. Just do it.

When the timing is right, you'll be doing things you never thought you knew!
And most of all, you have to enjoy it.

Try to make it academic and you'll suffer from performance anxiety and screw it up.

Good Luck!

Nver try a kiss even once...haha...when I'm gonna grow up...
ankur.vatsa
-------------------------------------------
Unzoomed
Dont mind any of the other tips cause there are only one thing you need to think of and that is... AIM and dont miss the mouth or miss half the mouth xD.. If you just have the aim the rest will come as naturally as breathing Very Happy
genchan
Kissing has to be natural. And by natural, I mean finding the right time, the right place and the right mood.

And natural would also mean staying relax. When you get tensed, your lips get hardened up and instead of ur partner kissing a soft mushmallow, she is gonna kiss a rock.

Soft gentle lips.... oooh i miss that!!
molif
1st kiss.. but still, no matter what, it will be great.. just be urself kiss how u kiss best..
try with ur fingers..
Captain Fertile
How do you kiss well?

That is exactly the same as asking, “How do I satisfy my lover?”

It depends on the partner.

Some ideas:
Practice
Trial and Error
Learn from your mistakes
Willingness to learn and try new things
Realise that what makes one lover happy may turn another off
Regularly check whether she/he seems to be enjoying what you are doing, if yes keep doing it and add something new slowly. If no, add something new less slowly.

Some Suggestions

Have a basic ‘vanilla kiss’ which is very plain but then see what she/does back and mirror their actions
Add a couple more yourself

After all of that just RELAX, DON’T OBBSESS ABOUT IT and BLOODY ENJOY IT!

It isn’t an exam; it’s some of the best fun you will have.
spazbutt32
I entered this thread wondering how to interpret the title; "How does one kiss.. (mean so much)" stood out to me more than "How does one kiss.. (I just can't figure it out)"

o_O
apple
violetgnu.....

do you wanna kiss good? cause if it's sumtin you're afraid of then when you attempt to kiss or be kissed, that thought will transfer into the kiss....

this is my advice....

think about how u want it to be.....feel.....

someone mentioned the "vanilla kiss"....tho I have not heard that term before it is a most excellent suggestion.....

when your partners lips touch yours.....let them brush against each other for a moment....and mirror their action....if your partner goes for your upper lip then you go for the lower....

don't rush to put your tongue into the mouth....that will come....

kissing is passionate and an expression of what you feel for the person
(especially if the feeling is one of a sexual nature)

when your partner is coming close and your heart begins to race....and those lips touch yours...if you feel to close your eyes, then do so....if you wanna watch what happens....do that....

just remember....to watch as the lips are coming to you.....and be patient....don't rush......it should be alright....

let us know how it goes....and if you need more....PM me.
violetgnu
Well, my first kiss that I ever had was actually a kiss with tongue, hell, it wasn't even my tongue. I would like to add that it was also done totally sober.

Quote:

I entered this thread wondering how to interpret the title; "How does one kiss.. (mean so much)" stood out to me more than "How does one kiss.. (I just can't figure it out)"

It's the latter. Yes, I am really that clueless.
kevin briggs
The first thing to remember: When in Doubt, Go Slowly. make that first kiss slow and gentle and easy. While you may want to demonstrate that you're a cauldron of seething desire, save that for later, when you're both sufficiently warmed up. In the meantime, resist the urge to mash your face against hers so hard your teeth collide and she ends up with brush burns from your stubble. Like good sex and great dancing, any tongue action should involve a give-and-take, with both parties allowed the opportunity for interaction in a saliva-laden minuet. Get into a groove with this, and every now and then you may want to stop for a short time while still joined at thelips. Like being on a dance floor and suddenly holding your partner motionless, it can have the galvanizing effect of heightening the sensation. this is ideally practiced in places like a dark booth in a dive bar with a great jukebox. Just make sure your sleeve doesn't catch fire from the candle on the table.
emilio22
Ok, kissing is something that should come naturally, not that hard to master. Ya, a guy can have some rough spots but trust me, here's some good pointers from, of what my current GF and previous ones still say, the best. (not really in order, just throwing them down as they come out)

1. Start off slow, work into getting more passionate when u feel shes comfortable

2. Don't Smash your face into hers, big no no.

3. Do not, i repeat, do not go for the tongue right away, patience.

4. Light slow kissing on the lips at first until that becomes comfortable.

5. Have your head tilted to the side, don't make her do that.

6. Close your eyes, you can open them briefly once in awhile, but if she opens hers and sees you starring at here shes gonna think you're weird.

7. Do not slobber, yes its gonna get wet but do not make it the Niagara falls all over her face.

8. Stay away from the teeth unless shes into that, which some girls are, which in turn can become quite fun. If this is the case, light touching of the lip, not painful just enough to where she can feel the teeth, apply no pressure.

9. Kissing her on the neck is also another way to get you points, most girls love this, remember light kissing, no hickies or her parents aren't gonna let you to see each other again, lol.

10. If your still lost, then follow what she does, unless you can tell that she is waiting to do the same.

11. Use your hands sensually, DON'T GROPE, wait for that later, first just gently place you're hand on her shoulder, eventually move it up towards her face to where you're palm is on her neck, fingers are behind her head, and thumb is just in front of her ear. It's a nicely formed spot for your hand, plus it will feel nice for her

all i have for now, just remember, take it slow
eldon_r
If you're thinking you're needing tips from us Frihosters on how to kiss, might it be that you're afraid of what your friend will think of you for not doing it 'right'?

Idea Why not address that issue first, separately to the kissing question?

IMO, a real friend is someone with whom you can be safe to be yourself, 'warts and all'. You can safely make mistakes (of course you'll also be safe to acknowledge that you have done so -- even when they wouldn't have necessarily known). You can safely admit to being a novice at what you're a novice at. You can talk openly about your Smile hopes, Anxious fears, Think dreams, Crying or Very sad hurts, d'oh! foolish mistakes Embarassed, etc. And they will not respond in a hurtful way (or if they do they will acknowledge it's their problem and say they're sorry, you'll talk, and your relationship will grow). And likewise, you will commit to being a safe person for them. You will have a mutual trust, and a bond of friendship that withstands and overcomes relationship setbacks. Wouldn't this be true of platonic relationships as well as romantic relationships?

Of course, you probably know in your heart that this lovely sort of relationship, platonic or not, won't just happen 'overnight'. It's something you both have to nurture, and it takes time, maybe a lot of time, and it's likely you'll hurt each other along the way (but again, you can both choose to grow from that). It may or may not come naturally to each of you to be 'gardeners' of this sort of relationship, due to past experiences etc. But, IMO, a kiss that expresses a deep, trusting, understanding intimacy is to be sought after, expert or not. Not for the act of the kiss, which of course is a wonderful thing, but for the fact of the true blue, lasting, ultimately mutually satisfying kind of love that it will be expressing.

May God bless you and your friend with that kind of love.
BHSDKP
[quote="xkobram"]
Tuplad wrote:

Lol. I do that!!
Mr_CEO
Good oral hygiene is very important for you and the other person.

I’ve never had problems pleasing women, but I would suggest that you practice with someone who wont care much how you kiss. Try the ugly, fat, or nerdy girl in your school. (No offence to the ugly, fat, and nerdy people out there. I love you all.)

Once you become a PRO-kisser, make-out with the hot chicks!

Cool

Wink

Rolling Eyes
m00tmuffin
Kissing was super weird for me at first as well, but you just get used to it I guess. I think it's somewhat of an aquired feel...very strange at first, but with the right person and a little time it ends up being a positive thing!
Karupoiss
Hmm, how to kiss. I have a video that teaches you. Cool

http://aegmaha.com/?id=8851 It-s an estonian page but the video is in english so enjoy. I personally haven't kissed anyone so no use of me here in that point.
psydevil
jesuuuss. go to school of life and learn
Petee
Yeah, you just have to get better with practice. When I had my first kiss with my girlfriend, it was my first kiss ever and lets just say, it wasn't her first. I pretty much sucked at kissing then, but over time you just get better at it. Just wait till you get to your first tongue kiss, wow is that something Wink

One thing to keep in mind, aim is very important. Missing just isn't fun, for either of you.
Bofia
just relax and let the other person set the pace
supjapscrapper
violetgnu wrote:

I've read some quite interesting comments I have to say, but I would like to add up some:

A very nice first thing you could do, is first of all closing your eyes whie kissing, cause it really looks awful when the girl or the guy is 2 mm near to your face and makes fish eyes Very Happy

Second thing you could start from, and I here assume you like girls, is to start slowly kissing and wait to see how she kisses you, then try and do the same to her, that would show you how she likes to be kissed. This as a start not to do any catastrophy.

Of course as a male you shouldn't kiss like a girl and my personal experience is mixing it all, girls like sometimes some tenderness (most of them I assume). You will have to explore how she reacts to the variations you bring while kissing, let your fantasy play.

I must add that tongue kissing or french kissing as you like is a veeeeery nice thing, but try not to move your tongue like crazy, it is kissing not some crazy licking contest Very Happy

I hope it helps and I would be happy to read some more from the others Very Happy
supjapscrapper
[quote="BHSDKP"]
xkobram wrote:
Tuplad wrote:

Lol. I do that!!

Light cockiness is always a must buddy Very Happy it always brings up the chicks, and it works very well with girl-friends, to keep the flame burning Very Happy
Simulator
Spontanious ones are always best.
If the gril isnt like a heart attack sufferer then just grab her if yous are in a private place and smack one on her!