FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Forum Addon: Avatar Generator

Ratmaster
Well, I really don't think this is very important, but many people don't have avatars, and either they are not bothered to upload them or they just don't want to.

Someone had made a mod that you can have your username on an avatar that can be generated with around 10 different images, or it can put them all together in a random generator.

I'll either edit this or post the link, I'll try to get some screenshots.
TeenZine
I think there should be some. Maybe an idea for a frih host OFFFICIAl contest. I think he only had 1 for something when they just started.
wumingsden
TeenZine wrote:
I think there should be some. Maybe an idea for a frih host OFFFICIAl contest. I think he only had 1 for something when they just started.

Eh?

Anyways, never mind. I know Bondings enough to know that he won't like the idea, even I don't.

However, left open for another member of staff to confirm this.
Ratmaster
What's so bad about it? It will puzzle people and then they will ask how it happens and you could tell them only if they stay active.

Is it a hosting problem or something?
wumingsden
Ratmaster wrote:
What's so bad about it? It will puzzle people and then they will ask how it happens and you could tell them only if they stay active.

Is it a hosting problem or something?

First, I don't understand how it can confuse people, and as of yet I haven't seen a member asking how comes other users have pictures but they don't.

Bondings will not use another coded MOD, unless it has a major impact on frihost. The MOD you suggest will just add a little fun.

It isn't really a hosting problem, although it may add a few queries to the db.

What about if the "upload your avatar" option was available upon registration, (when the new registration is put into place?). Possible users won't become confused and it may not be rejected by steve.
snowboardalliance
Or for a simpler solution just get some "default" avatars in the avatar gallery folder of phpBB. There is like an option to allow users to select from there and this is all already built in.
TeenZine
yes that is what I thought he posted above.
wumingsden
TeenZine wrote:

No. I think the thread starter is talking about the NulAvatar MOD, or something very similar.

(i think the user is actually talking about this hack)
TeenZine
wumingsden wrote:
TeenZine wrote:

No. I think the thread starter is talking about the NulAvatar MOD, or something very similar.

(i think the user is actually talking about this hack)
Oh yah I dont think you need the hack use the verizion that is standard in phpBB 3.0
Marston
^ No... Avatar generators are not a standard feature of phpBB3.
TeenZine
right I know I scaned it and thought he ment a gallery to chose from (like the defalt) phpBB NOT a generator.
Ratmaster
What wumingsden posted was probably what I was talking about, yet I found it on phpbbhacks.com.